Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 245

Thread: Games Friday 10th to Saturday 18th September

  1. #181
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,372
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    559
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    576
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Odumosu also, could have had a hefty jump in wages and formerly with Dundalk U19s, a keeper doing some of the basics well would be enough to have us out of this mess. Players looked spent last 15mins though whether that was throwing in the towel or tired due to lack of rotation options? Conceding after scoring has also been a common issue also but it has to be soul destroying knowing that any effort has a high risk of being undone. Some decent stuff attacking at times but calamitous at the back. Never fear though as the analytic gurus will save us https://www.independent.ie/regionals...-40848208.html
    Fully deserved to go ahead but thought we controlled it pretty much after that. You’d nearly feel sorry for Hoban. He put in a hell of a shift.

    From our side great to have McCourt and Bolger back in the last few games but Saturday is going to be very tough with Shams well rested but at least we’ll have caught with our fixture backlog and hopefully all the games Bohs have to catch up will play against them.

  2. #182
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    146
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    635
    Thanked in
    465 Posts
    All the wild Bill stuff is delusional on his part but he doesnt even know the basics of motivating players.
    Everyone knows the goalkeeping situation at Dundalk but as the Chairman you cant be saying "we are trying to improve it" as that is just telling Abibi the Chairman agrees you are crap. Solve the problem first.

    Rovers will be rested for the game against Sligo on Saturday but 5 days should be enough for Sligo to recover from last night.
    Its a big one for both clubs, chance for Rovers to go 6 clear with a game in hand over Pats which makes the Pats game one we dont have to win but they do.
    Also a chance for Sligo with a win to drag themselves back into the title race if Pats were to beat us next week.
    The right or wrong combination of results could have Rovers 9 clear with a game in hand or level on points with Pats (with a game in hand) and two ahead of Sligo. ...with Bohs 7 off the pace with 9 games to go..........i'll be happy with the 9 ahead with a game in hand

  3. #183
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,053
    Thanked in
    724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    This guy isn't far off Tommy No Bobs for quality of bull****!

    You "hired" the two crap ones too. And where was Yates yesterday anyway? (Should I point out that there's a decent keeper with European experience playing for Laois GAA at the moment? A bit of forward planning and ye could be giving out about mid table instead )
    Yates is injured! Eh yeah lol. and yeah I'm sure the keepers will be full of confidence reading that comment. VP cant be happy with it as how do you do anything with Abibi if needed. I suspected sticking with Abibi so much was Bill's influence and trying to justify the signing but feck knows. Will be very strange if he is still played ahead of Cherrie if Yates is still out. Anyway Dundalk FC is still providing some entertainment if not currently for the swashbuckling football of the last 7 or 8 years.

  4. #184
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    284
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    174
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    125
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Ah lads stop now, we have to focus on the positives

    https://m.independent.ie/regionals/l...-40848223.html
    Is he seriously blaming the people of Dundalk for poor recruitment because they are not creating a welcoming enough environment for his "Operation Brand Expansion" signings?

    “Do I think the people have helped these kids we’ve brought in? Absolutely not. Think about it, these are kids who picked up their families or walked away from their families, gone to a strange country in which there has been nothing allowed. That’s not their fault, it’s not our fault and it’s not the Government’s fault but instead of trying to support them we’re berating them in the street.



    “That makes no sense to me but I don’t see things the same way.”

  5. #185
    International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    5,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    925
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    347
    Thanked in
    193 Posts
    A worthy effort Dundalk but he's no Pat O'Sullivan still.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #186
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    513
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Abibi's signing is one of the most bizarre signings ever. I can understand Zahibo, Jurkovskis, Nattestad, even the korean lad or the american kids, all of them have reasosn behind.

    But Abibi? he is a guy with barely any experience, 8 games in Italian 3d tier, so not even a starter.
    Two seasons in Albania, one in the second division!!! and the second one a mid table finish in the premier after promoting.
    And prior to that a season in Eldense in Spain, a club where agents could pay for their players to play and moreover with several fixed games and hence scandals, specially known their game vs Barcelona B which finished 12-0. Where he only played 8 games and after the team was cleaned from the players that had previously fixed 5 matches.

  8. #187
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    146
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    635
    Thanked in
    465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Briuk View Post
    Abibi's signing is one of the most bizarre signings ever. I can understand Zahibo, Jurkovskis, Nattestad, even the korean lad or the american kids, all of them have reasosn behind.

    But Abibi? he is a guy with barely any experience, 8 games in Italian 3d tier, so not even a starter.
    Two seasons in Albania, one in the second division!!! and the second one a mid table finish in the premier after promoting.
    And prior to that a season in Eldense in Spain, a club where agents could pay for their players to play and moreover with several fixed games and hence scandals, specially known their game vs Barcelona B which finished 12-0. Where he only played 8 games and after the team was cleaned from the players that had previously fixed 5 matches.
    I'm sure the Agents story to wild Bill was a little different to this account.

  9. #188
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,641
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Apologies for jumping ahead in the fixtures, but any pats fans on here be able to enlighten us why tickets for the upcoming Rovers game in inchicore are not on general sale, but the 2 following games for pats are?
    Are pats gonna sell out a game, for a change, or is it a case of just turning up on the night to get a ticket?
    Thanks in advance.

  10. #189
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    329
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    122
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Apologies for jumping ahead in the fixtures, but any pats fans on here be able to enlighten us why tickets for the upcoming Rovers game in inchicore are not on general sale, but the 2 following games for pats are?
    Are pats gonna sell out a game, for a change, or is it a case of just turning up on the night to get a ticket?
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes the game will sell out and it’s not going to general sale until as late as possible (if at all) to prevent away fans from buying tickets in the home end
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  11. #190
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,641
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Cheers for the info 2 Yr.

  12. #191
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    373
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Cheers for the info 2 Yr.
    Was told by a Pat's guy that decision taken not to have away fan allocation for the Pat's v Rovers fixture., though difficult to prevent away fans if tickets go on public sale?
    Is the old away area , where the shed was, completely closed?

  13. #192
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    329
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    122
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Was told by a Pat's guy that decision taken not to have away fan allocation for the Pat's v Rovers fixture., though difficult to prevent away fans if tickets go on public sale?
    Is the old away area , where the shed was, completely closed?
    No, the shed end is used by pats fans since crowds have come back after Covid because, as in most grounds, some parts of the main stand is blocked off for substitutes, and club officials
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  14. #193
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    373
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    No, the shed end is used by pats fans since crowds have come back after Covid because, as in most grounds, some parts of the main stand is blocked off for substitutes, and club officials
    Thanks.
    I wonder if banning away fans from high cost heavily policed fixtures is going to be cheaper and less hassle, while there is any reduced capacity?

  15. #194
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,641
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Well I certainly wouldn't count on bohs getting any tickets for the next game in Tallaght anyway,although nothing to do with Covid restrictions.

  16. #195
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    373
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Well I certainly wouldn't count on bohs getting any tickets for the next game in Tallaght anyway,although nothing to do with Covid restrictions.
    Probably makes sense, you dont want to be outsung again in your home venue I suppose.

  17. #196
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,476
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Mark McGinley and Joe Thompson both hit with 3 games bans from the game last Friday,exceptionally harsh considering some of the 1 game bans handed out recently….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  18. #197
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    146
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    635
    Thanked in
    465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Mark McGinley and Joe Thompson both hit with 3 games bans from the game last Friday,exceptionally harsh considering some of the 1 game bans handed out recently….
    That is absolute BS. How on earth do the FAI give a one game ban to Kelly for punching someone and then 3 game bans to these lads
    The BS appeals process is part of the problem these days as it appears to be random and unfair.

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #198
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    146
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    635
    Thanked in
    465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Probably makes sense, you dont want to be outsung again in your home venue I suppose.
    I seem to remember you guys slinking away quietly after being battered 2 -1
    I would be amazed if Rovers allow any Bohs fans in for the next game in Tallaght after the way the team and officials were treated in Dalymount.
    That will lead to retaliation in Dalymount so it could be a long time before that match has away fans

  21. #199
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    373
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I seem to remember you guys slinking away quietly after being battered 2 -1
    I would be amazed if Rovers allow any Bohs fans in for the next game in Tallaght after the way the team and officials were treated in Dalymount.
    That will lead to retaliation in Dalymount so it could be a long time before that match has away fans
    You can`t be referring to our 2-1 win, Leahy 99th minute? Let me thumb through the distant history books, the first game in Tallaght? Probably 50/60 got tickets that day. Happy that the Guards took pity and let us out first! Singing Build me up Buttercup to your PA trying to drown us out after a more recent 1 -0, is a clearer, more recent memory.

    Do you actually believe any of Bradley`s two week delayed " revelations", banned for throwing chewing gum, ffs! spitting by stewards!!! If any steward spat at anyone I will be straight down to Mountjoy GS to report them and I would expect them to be charged with assault. I will just check first to see whether anything of the sort reported by the away team to the ref or fourth official or the copious FAI officials present on the day? , eh no , nothing.

    Some of the behaviour that day, misogynistic chants, pitch invasion, which Bohs have been quite rightly sanctioned over, is bad enough without making stuff up a couple of weeks after the event.

    Anyway, If Rovers are happy to lose €15 k in away fan gate money for the next game, or for every game, fair play to them. Bohs will fill Dalymount on their own anyway

  22. #200
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    405
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    58
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Well it was mentioned by the bohs commentators on the stream that something was happening in the first half with stewards behind the Rovers bench.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Games Weekend 18th September
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 22/09/2020, 5:48 PM
  2. Games Friday 6th to Saturday 7th March
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 14/03/2020, 6:07 PM
  3. Supporters bus to Finn Harps Sat 10th of September
    By bluewhitearmy in forum Limerick
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12/09/2010, 9:44 AM
  4. Montenegro Away - 10th September 2008
    By pineapple stu in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 477
    Last Post: 24/09/2008, 4:38 PM
  5. Home games - Friday or Saturday?
    By holidaysong in forum Athlone Town
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12/04/2008, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •