Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Friday 10th to Saturday 18th September

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    I don’t believe so. It should be at full capacity now really but to my knowledge it unfortunately remains capped at approx 1200.
    This is confirmed, due to 1m social distancing remaining in place for outdoor events in the north the permitted attendance remains at 1150.

Of course this is only when it suits them as windsor would have lost the super cup final had they abided by the same rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I had to double check fixtures as I assumed you meant Tallaght! I hope its not grounds for shouting obsessed....
    Irish Government funding the new Harps ground. But we won’t mention that will we.

If local authorities owned more sports grounds we wouldn’t have situations like Milltown, or Pats when they lost Richmond briefly, or Ards in the North.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Irish Government funding the new Harps ground. But we won’t mention that will we.

If local authorities owned more sports grounds we wouldn’t have situations like Milltown, or Pats when they lost Richmond briefly, or Ards in the North.
    I think its been done to death until additional progress happens there is little more to say. I'd e more than happy with a council built and run ground, but Id prefer that we had an ongoing plan where our own money and grant allocations drive a redevelopment of Oriel while maintaining full control of the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

Harps have to significantly fund the stadium ourselves actually, along with grant aid.

We won't have a situation, as per Derry, where they don't put a penny in themselves, of course.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    No wins in 8 for Sligo so I'm fully expecting a performance of the season from them on Friday in front of the RTE camera's to beat us and ruin any chance of a decent title race.
    Harps went 15 or 16 without a win before wining the last 6 in a row (albeit Fairview was one of them but it started of the winning run)
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Em, also Dalymount ( City Council) and Turners x ( Munster Council), QED you are obsessed!
    Turners Cross is not owned by any council/government agency. Its complicated but effectively in the hands of the Munster Football Association.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Turners Cross is not owned by any council/government agency. Its complicated but effectively in the hands of the Munster Football Association.
    I think that comment was meant in a flippant way, At least Id be very surprised if someone actually thought there was a 'Munster Council' that wasnt just GAA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

We won't have a situation, as per Derry, where they don't put a penny in themselves, of course.
    Maybe that’s because Derry and Strabane Council own it…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Maybe that’s because Derry and Strabane Council own it…
    Colour me shocked then. Who paid for the stadium redevelopment?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Dont mind me, I also think Libery Hall is the tallest building in Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Open to correction, but I don’t believe Pats ever “lost” Richmond. We moved out between 89/90 and 93 until we could get the place renovated. But we never lost ownership that I’m aware of.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Harps have to significantly fund the stadium ourselves actually, along with grant aid.

Harps should go and ask Phil for a charitable donation, he's been good to the people in Donegal. Interesting times ahead for Derry!
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Tim clancy banned for 3 more games for his rant about the referees. That's 5 games out of 6 he will be in the stands. Talk about putting the bullies be in charge of handing out punishments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Open to correction, but I don’t believe Pats ever “lost” Richmond. We moved out between 89/90 and 93 until we could get the place renovated. But we never lost ownership that I’m aware of.
    Wasn’t up to league standards in a era were the standards weren’t up to much. Afaik we always owned the lease if not the land. I think that was sold piecemeal over the years to raise cash.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    What's the ownership model in Pats these days? Does Kelleher own everything including the stadium?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Personally, I like the Sligo Showgrounds set up, where it's not actually owned by the club itself, but a trust.

Expecting another cagey match at the council-owned, DfC-paid for Brandy tonight. I do think that we were a bit out of sorts for the Cup game, and should perform better tonight on the bigger pitch. In saying that, wouldn't be betting on us at 11/10 for the win. Serious run of form that Harps are on.

All ties this weekend are interesting too. Not inconceivable that they could all end in draws.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    No easy money for LOI punters tonight. Especially after a liitle break, there is close to zero information about injuries, suspensions, possible covid restrictions etc.

Dont even trust Rovers to beat dangerous Waterford tonight. Interesting Derry and Finn Harps still very much in fight for european places despite the season they have had. What a turnaroud by both clubs lately, should be a good game.

My money is on Bohs to beat Drogheda, never easy but the quallity should prevail. Sligo-Pats no bet - everything is possible there.

Great spirits within Bray Wanderers squad, apparently they have recieved a nice summer bonus on top of their wages today. So you do expect them to be relentless againt Athlone, showing the directors money well spend. I go with handicap bet - Bray to beat Athlone by at least 2 goals.

Correct score: Bray - Athlone 3:0
    Last edited by Tomas; 10/09/2021 at 1:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Rovers are 1 to 3 on to beat Waterford which is literally ridiculous given the form of both sides .
    Waterford 6 to 1 (draw no bet) is the bet of the night imo.
    Obviously hope Rovers do the business but Harps were 4 to 1 to beat Rovers las Friday and i thought that was a great bet as well

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Do you have a key players injury free sbgawa mate? And what sort of attendance do you expect in Tallaght tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Do you have a key players injury free sbgawa mate? And what sort of attendance do you expect in Tallaght tonight
    No idea but 7 days ago we had a heap out injured and i cant see many being back so quickly.
    Chances are the odds on paddypower wont change after team is released they don't pay any real attention to LOI hence the stupid odds.

Attendance, should be at least 3500 there you would think cant see it getting to 4000 though.
    Bizarrely i know a few people who despite being members or STH were talking about watching on LOITV as the weather is supposed to be bad. I'd crawl over glass to watch live games at this stage.
    In fairness a good few of the members are oldish..
    Last edited by sbgawa; 10/09/2021 at 2:56 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast