Thread: bohs fc officially and publicly support the BSC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bohs fc officially and publicly support the BSC

http://www.bohemians.ie/news.htm#Rov...From_Dalymount

northside hoop put this up in another thread. think it deserves more attention than being buried on the fifth page of another thread. gypos fc are a disgrace

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ironic isn't it that the "Bohs4Kids" logo is supended above that article/ picture
    Ní neart go cur le chéile...

Keith

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    http://www.bohemians.ie/news.htm#Rov...From_Dalymount

northside hoop put this up in another thread. think it deserves more attention than being buried on the fifth page of another thread. gypos fc are a disgrace
    Anto Eile, if you have the name and conviction details of the person who owns the flag, or any other reason why the club should not be "defending" its fans, I'd be interested. Otherwise, the club is defending the property of its fans. Pure and simple.

Rovers fans stole a flag belonging to Bohs fans. It's not the first time either, Rovers fans have previous; they thought nothing of burning a Bohs Starry Plough, and also thought nothing of stealing a Bohs flag that was a memorial to a dead Bohs fan.

Claiming that the flag was "found at Doyle's corner" would make anyone fall off their chair laughing.

Will Rovers be defending their fans for this?

http://www.hooligandvds.net/product_...2772648ca3ab96
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    gypos fc are a disgrace
    Forgive me if I'm taking this up wrong but why are they a disgrace? One of their flags was stolen from their own ground and they want it back? Why is that a disgrace?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Kinda weird a football club posted that in its main page, may slightly incite their fans somewhat?

When is next game between the 2 august 5th or somfin?

Very petty thing to do, if something is stolen dont you call the police and let them deal with it, as those rovers fans could now sue Bohs club(if they the owners and operators of the site ) for libel.

Only in the EL

kdjac

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northside hoop
    Accepting that the flag, and therefore the Bohemians Soccer Casuals, is representative of the football club is surely a disgrace.

Odd feeling i agree with a Rovers fan......

kdjac

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC
    those rovers fans could now sue Bohs club for libel.
    On what grounds? I agree the club's website is the wrong place for something like this, but the fans appear to have admitted as much on the internet anyway (the article mentions it was originally posted elsewhere). Hard to libel someone for something they admit doing?

(Picture seems to be down now, incidentally).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayser(the 2nd)
    I have that dvd, I'll give you a lend next time you're about
    Why would anyone want a video of Rovers fans acting the scumbag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Trying to cover up any referrence to the bsc it would appear, since the article itself only menions a "bohs" flag.
    is it not that the picture with the rovers fans who stole the flag is down???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Trying to cover up any referrence to the bsc it would appear, since the article itself only menions a "bohs" flag.
    Which insofar as it is a flag owned by a Bohs fan, is true. Any additional context is irrelevant. Unless of course you are desperately trying to crank the SRFC propaganda machine into life, in which case the writing on the flag becomes very important. This fan has had his property stolen by Rovers fans, and the club is stating this fact.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    those rovers fans could now sue Bohs club(if they the owners and operators of the site ) for libel.

Only in the EL

kdjac
    Not really exercised about a BSC flag -- they can keep it for all I care. In my view those lads have done the majority of Bohs fans a favour, because, believe it or not, most Bohs fans are not hoolies and have no interest in such silly pursuits.
    I wouldn't have posted that notice on the official site. (If it were a proper Bohs flag, in colours and/or with crest, it certainly would be justified.) But I might have a friendly word with a garda about it: maybe one of those who protected innocent Bohs fans from the Forces of Mordor last time out
    But didn't these orcs admit the theft online, when they also posted pictures of themselves with their, ahem, find? Even if they did find it, in law it is theft to keep property that comes into your possession that way.
    Last edited by BohDiddley; 05/07/2005 at 2:14 PM. Reason: certainly surfeit

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Libel in a legal sense not right or wrong , its illegal to point at someone and say they stole/commited a crime , its classed as libel if that person did or did not steal its irrelevant you cannot post in a newspaper online or in any media that someone stole or commited a crime.

I know one of the guys in that pic complete and utter muppet (notice i didnt name him , cant sue me nah nah nah)

kdjac

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A lot of people know a lot of the faces in the photo, big deal, let's get real, no-one is going to involve the Gardaí in this.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'This fan has had his property stolen by Rovers fans, and the club is stating this fact.'

Cop yourself one will ye - it was a flag that said 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' on it, it wasn't any ordinary bohs flag .

There is a big difference between that flag and an ordinary bohs flag. If it had've been any other bohs flag that was robbed i would have said that it was an absolute disgrace, rovers were bold boys, etc - but seen as it was a flag that said 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' on it, I have no sympathy whatsoever over it and I'm surprised that Bohs FC would put it on their offical site to be associated with a flag that said 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' - I actually thought you'd like to distance yourself from it

That picture though is still hilarious
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    'This fan has had his property stolen by Rovers fans, and the club is stating this fact.'

Cop yourself one will ye - it was a flag that said 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' on it, it wasn't any ordinary bohs flag .

There is a big difference between that flag and an ordinary bohs flag. If it had've been any other bohs flag that was robbed i would have said that it was an absolute disgrace, rovers were bold boys, etc - but seen as it was a flag that said 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' on it, I have no sympathy whatsoever over it and I'm surprised that Bohs FC would put it on their offical site to be associated with a flag that said 'Bohs Soccer Casuals' - I actually thought you'd like to distance yourself from it

That picture though is still hilarious
    I'm didn't come on here to find out how much sympathy you have for the owner of the flag; I don't care about your sympathy levels, and it's not the discussion.

The fact is that no-one here knows who owns the flag, and what, if anything, they've ever been guilty of. Incidentally, to answer Macy's [repeated] point, Bohs as a club have in the past identified and banned fans [for finite time periods, if people disagree with this that is obviously another discussion, but the fact remains that Bohs do take action] for causing trouble in the past, and at least two Bohs fans tyhat I know of are currently banned indefinitely from the club on match nights or any other nights.

As an aside, and by way of my demonstrating a bit of consistency on the topic, plenty of Rovers fans have scarves with "SRFC Hooligans On Tour" on them, together with some kind of stupid looking SI-type compass, not in itself something that should cause any seasoned football fan to foam at the mouth with wounded sensibilities, if one were stolen it would still be property of a Rovers fan, and stealing anything from another fan IMO is not on.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yet another laughable assertion, since the whole sorry incident is only in the public domain because it suits the boez propaganda machine.
    What was the first?

You might know better than me, but AFAIK the incident is in the public domain due to Rovers fans texting the link to the picture to Bohs fans, and Bohs fans putting the picture on the message board. So to recap, the facts are Rovers fans rob a flag belonging to a Bohs fan and put pictures of it on the net. As a news story in the interests of Bohs fans who want Rovers out of Dalymount (I won't deny there's an agenda, but I'd also suggest that the lads who took the flag might be working to the same agenda; ie get Rovers out of Dalymount, we know how much you all hate playing there), I think it's newsworthy.

The idea of us having a propaganda machine would be funny were it not for the facts of the matter being that we have a "PR Officer" and not a lot of people know what he looks like.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Jaime - Get over yourself, all you're doing is entertaining the rest of us. You don't know how the flag came to be in the hands of Rovers fans, all your talk about theft is just that - talk.

I happen to know what happened and when but I won't be losing any sleep over it. I was involved in getting the Diarmuid O'Leary flag returned and if this flag was of a similar ilk I'd do the same.

It's not - it's a BSC flag and as such will be treated as a Bohs hoolies flag. What else do you expect? And incidentally, your club's implicit backing of the BSC is staggering hypocrisy. We'll be treating all Bohs bleatings about 'Rovers hooligans' with contempt from now on. Oh, I forgot, we always did.

KOH

PS Hayser - Can I get a look at the DVD when Jaime's finished with it?
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Libel in a legal sense not right or wrong, it's illegal to point at someone and say they stole/commited a crime
    Well, let the Rovers fan sue for libel. He then has to prove that he didn't steal the flag. Kind of hard if he's boasting about it on the internet!

you cannot post in a newspaper online or in any media that someone stole or commited a crime.
    Nonsense. You can't make things up, but then the site's not exactly making things up, is it? Bohs have no libel case to answer to at all here - to say otherwise is just scaremongering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how can anyone from either club claim a moral high ground - one set of hooligans robbed a flag belonging to another set of hooligans....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    anyone got the picture? its quite funny! like when Homer stole Sir Oinksalot the rival Colleges mascot when he was in college!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast