Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Danny Drew/What are his intentions

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Danny Drew/What are his intentions

What exactly are his intentions is he in it for the money? still no sign of any new players and we are not going to go much further unless we sign some. not local players but el players. hogan park still needs to be improved but it is taking a while to get it done. and according to some people he has a 3year plan and he does not want limerick to go up this season but stick around in the 1st division for 2 more years. if thats the case he will lose what extra support he has been getting this season. if those are his intentions first thing to go will be his gate reicepts from home games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shadow
    What exactly are his intentions is he in it for the money? still no sign of any new players and we are not going to go much further unless we sign some. not local players but el players. hogan park still needs to be improved but it is taking a while to get it done. and according to some people he has a 3year plan and he does not want limerick to go up this season but stick around in the 1st division for 2 more years. if thats the case he will lose what extra support he has been getting this season. if those are his intentions first thing to go will be his gate reicepts from home games.
    Why are you asking. The tone of the title and post are just sh1t stirring.

So what if he wants to make money. To make money he would have to be in the Premier - think there are many first division clubs earning money? If Limerick FC takes off and becomes atop club again Drew will probably make some money out of it. Good for him and good for us.

In fairness, if he was out for a quick buck the last thing he would take on a is a struggling first division team.

"Some people"? Why would he want to stay in first division? Unless he has a longer term plan to develop the ground and make us a better premier proposition. That will cost him even more money. Again, hardly what a guy in for a quick buck would do, i'd be more worried if he had signed a load of mercenaries from premier clubs and tried to get us promoted on theback of them. Then the financial problems hit us in a few years time.

From everything I have seen I think the club is being run on a very sound commercial basis this season. The car sponsorship is excellent. The gates are well up. The ground is well stewarded on match days. There is a programme every game.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt Drew's intentions whatsoever, and i think doing so is out of order.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Super Blues

Your Right Blue Shadow,the First thing to fall is gate reicepts. will Danny Drew subsatise the team when there's only a handfull of supporters paying in you can see it happening already the support is falling at every home game .they need to get in at least 3 experianced el players that is vital and build on that. as it stands I'm sorry to say
    they only look like a juinor football team they have been lucky up to a few weeks ago but there lack of experiance on the pitch is starting to show and people wont hand over money to see crap football week in week out its as simple as that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It doesn't matter if he is in it for the money because he is not going to make any until (a) we get to the premier and (b) we have something that resembles a stadium rather than a ground. We will not attract families or new supporters to games until we have proper facilities. This goes for any club or code, not just LImerick FC. Limerick will not start to attract the masses until both of the above become a reality, so it's all the one really.

I think Drew is running the club very well off the pitch, couldn't fault him really. Playing matters not so good though, and to be fair none of that is really Drews fault. Yet