Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 3rd September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Galway will never live that down. Gluttonous Celtic Tiger wankery that the club is still in the shadows from. I do hope it's not a repeat of 2002 for ye. A Galway-Dundalk PO fixture would be some craic all the same.
    We're over it now bar the odd reminder for fun! Galway Dundalk in a play-off would indeed be 'fun', Caulfield would relish the chance to relegate Dundalk and if that pairing were to happen you would back too much against Galway as Caulfield would have them whipped up to run through walls!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We're over it now bar the odd reminder for fun! Galway Dundalk in a play-off would indeed be 'fun', Caulfield would relish the chance to relegate Dundalk and if that pairing were to happen you would back too much against Galway as Caulfield would have them whipped up to run through walls!
    Ha, that's an interesting angle right enough. May still have a few knives to sharpen Galway have only been in the 1st Division a short while really, but it feels like a decade or more, and I have no idea how Dundalk managed to endure their stay. This team is too good to go down, but need to start doing something with their dozen games left.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Maybe has a Ollie fear of (league) heights and if Harps do to well too often he'd have to rewrite his post match relegation candidates talk. @Olander, He does shoot from the hip but I do think the ridiculously thin skinned refs have bought in to the Ollie ott reaction rep s and just pull out the cards if he complains much at all. He does play with a double edged sword though and isnt too pleased when Harps players are on the receiving end of Harps like physical tactics. I think he is shrewd and calculated too and takes the hits to take focus off things that are on the edge by his team on the pitch. That photo of him sitting in the stand, runners off and feet up on the back of the seat in front relaxing and still able to easily coach from there is iconic. That said Harps have been a long time evolving and there have been a few times that they look to be decent football sides but revert to type if under pressure - its hard to change the tendency for players to do what is most familiar when struggling. Finn Park would not be the place that teams generally hate to go to if it wasnt fo Ollie. Do Harps fans expect or want more though if it meant Ollie leaving?

Whoever is the manager and this is my opinion only the most important thing for the club to progress is get into the new ground as quickly as possible,Finn Park is long past its sell by date and isnt fit for purpose,how long that will take who knows but for me it is far more important than any short term results on the field.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Harps are a physical side that play on the edge, I always laugh when I see their twitter (cringe) crying about how many bookings they receive in games.

There is a bit of a narrative that Ollie is some sort of genius working off a shoestring budget. Harps have a competitive budget in Premier Division terms, nowhere near the top sides, but they're well able to bring in pros from the UK and Scotland, and they have done for some seasons.

This years squad is the most competitive squad Harps have assembled in years. There's some really good players and a really experienced backbone with the likes of Webster, Dunleavy (when fit), McNamee, McEleney etc. I find with Ollie he has a bit of a scattergun approach to signing players, anybody with a bit of LOI experience can be signed and there is a decent turnover, a good example of this would be Conor Barry, a player that is nowhere near the level Harps should be aiming for.
    Most cringe thing I’ve seen from their Twitter is a fan saying it’s the same clubs every year up there( when Harps were briefly top) and there was a response of what’s wrong with it.

Someone forgot to log out and into another account?

The budget is another one, Harps have assembled a decent squad but it comes partly from their cheerleader in North Dublin or wherever he lives getting his fellow fans to pump money in, don’t mind Rovers as a club or fans but spend your money on something else worthwhile, 12 cans or something.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Anthony Wordsworth was suspended for 4 games? Just looking through the games from last night and noticed that because he scored….
    He was sent off twice. First one was against Athlone in the Cup for 2 yellows which was a crazy decision as he simply passed the ball forward a split second after the whistle went after the assistant wrongly flagged that the ball was out.
    He was sent off the week after v Drogheda for dissent so was a straight red.

9. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Can anyone tell me why Anthony Wordsworth was suspended for 4 games? Just looking through the games from last night and noticed that because he scored….
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    He was sent off twice. First one was against Athlone in the Cup for 2 yellows which was a crazy decision as he simply passed the ball forward a split second after the whistle went after the assistant wrongly flagged that the ball was out.
    So you're saying it's .. poetic justice?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

11. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    He wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats as high to the changing rooms...

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Most cringe thing I’ve seen from their Twitter is a fan saying it’s the same clubs every year up there( when Harps were briefly top) and there was a response of what’s wrong with it.

The budget is another one, Harps have assembled a decent squad but it comes partly from their cheerleader in North Dublin or wherever he lives getting his fellow fans to pump money in, don’t mind Rovers as a club or fans but spend your money on something else worthwhile, 12 cans or something.
    Hahaha this is unreal. Needed a good laugh on a Tuesday morning.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Had to double check this as it looked like one of my deranged drunken rants at first. But no, in fairness, DCSIL, you knocked it out of the park there!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

Who is this ? i wasn't aware Harps had a fairy Godmother.
    Also whats the Rovers bit about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Had to double check this as it looked like one of my deranged drunken rants at first. But no, in fairness, DCSIL, you knocked it out of the park there!
    Yes it's quite impressive to be sauced up that much on a Monday evening. Long old week ahead though with a Tuesday hangover
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    so he appears on the suspension list but plays and scores? Its not nice to think there is a chance of an asterick, points deduction but desperate times and all that. Id imagine we'd have heard a lot more about it if it was a club error.

*Whatever was on the suspension list must have been amended. 2 match ban, served, and a 3rd in the cup also served. Dont see anything about a 4th match ban.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 07/09/2021 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    so he appears on the suspension list but plays and scores? Its not nice to think there is a chance of an asterick, points deduction but desperate times and all that. Id imagine we'd have heard a lot more about it if it was a club error.
    He missed 4 games anyway Nesta,so the suspension was served either way...
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    He missed 4 games anyway Nesta,so the suspension was served either way...
    Boooooo! Its far too long since we've needed to use any *** but for the good old days

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Boooooo! Its far too long since we've needed to use any *** but for the good old days
    Be careful what you wish for
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Be careful what you wish for
    Indeed! As I was I was saying it it crossed my mind that Karma can be a real bitch lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Who is this ? i wasn't aware Harps had a fairy Godmother.
    Also whats the Rovers bit about?
    A Rovers fan does a lot for them…talks more about Harps then Rovers, recently employed by Drogheda United.

Notice the sensible Harps fans have refrained from commenting on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    A Rovers fan does a lot for them…talks more about Harps then Rovers, recently employed by Drogheda United.

Hang on...what?

Do you mean that Facebook group kid? The lad who's about 17? He's some sort of financial aid of Harps?

This is even better now.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

That is a genuinely bizzare angle of taking a dig at your rivals after a cup exit to them. But at the same time it’s entertaining for the neutral so I salute the bizarreness
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Not sure anyone has ever classed me as sensible but I didn't comment because I hadn't a notion what you were on about.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast