Thread: The End of Shelbourne

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question The End of Shelbourne

Last nights team was:

Shelbourne: Delaney, Heary, Crawley, Rogers, Ryan (Hoolahan, 59), Baker, Ndo, S Byrne, Cahill, J Byrne, Crowe, (O'Neill, 87).

From starting eleven i can only see Hawkins & Hoolahan missing as i think Williams was dropped?

I don't buy this talk of injuries as all i see is team missing couple of players in poor form.

Every week that shels fall further down the table (even playing games in advance like Longford doesn't help) with Derry City, Drogs & Bohs catching them adds to the crisis.

Form so is bad especially defence i doubt they can buy their way out of trouble.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    You're top, just leave them. You should calm down and wait til you've actually won the title before inciting the Shels fans.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Separate discussion. What i'm saying si they are so bad form that even if halfway through season could even fail to qualify for Europe. IF teams win games in hand Shels could be 5th.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Derry are better then them this season, I honestly expected Derry to win. Shels had been on a patchy run but I think they've turned a corner in recent weeks.

As they say, what goes around, comes around.....
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully they'll do a Liverpool (good in Europe,crap in league)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tbh, once we still qualify for Europe it's not a total disaster. But again, thats far from certain atm.

This bad patch is insane, and last night was the same reason as there was for many of our defeats:

We spend the first half punting the ball about with no real aim, complacently and create nothing. We're sloppy and give the opposition easy goals, and proceed with the same nonsene till half time. After half time we come out and play good football, but have too much of a mountain to climb to claw anything out of it.

Maybe if Nutsy gave his (seemingly amazing!) half time talks before the game, some of this could be averted. There seems to be a lack of effort in the first 45 and it takes a bollocking at half time to sort it out.

Games I'm thinking of where we showed this kind of pattern.

Derry
    UCD
    Longford (I'm aware we didn't lose this, but the lack of effort in the first half was apparent, and Longofrd were unlucky to get nothing)
    Derry (again) - gg
    Linfield
    Rovers

It seems to be that Shels only want to play football in the second half, when they've already given away too much of an advantage to their opponents.
    God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hawkins and Harris are out, which means the defence is all over the place. Crawley, argubley the worst full time professional full back in the world right now (I honestly think you'd struggle to find worse, I really do) is playing centre half and Cahill playing left back, it's no wonder we're leaking goals. Hoolahan would make a big difference to the side, it's a combination of that and certain players are just off form.

As ever, the Cork fans like to do the talking halfway through the season rather than wait till the end (years of experience there) and so this is typically over the top crap, but we'll definitely struggle badly to win the league this year. Too much long ball when we've a team thats not capable of playing that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'Crawley, argubley the worst full time professional full back in the world'

No doubt about that, he is siht and always has been - craptown scummer
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Hawkins and Harris are out, which means the defence is all over the place. Crawley, argubley the worst full time professional full back in the world right now (I honestly think you'd struggle to find worse, I really do) is playing centre half and Cahill playing left back, it's no wonder we're leaking goals. Hoolahan would make a big difference to the side, it's a combination of that and certain players are just off form.
    Will you have a full-strength team for our first leg at the Oval? What do you guys think your chances are of getting a result up here? This time last year we also played a professional team, halfway through their season, and beat them. We also played Derry City at the Brandywell in November, in what was a very competitive friendly, and drew 1-1. So I wouldn't think it's a foregone conclusion that you will win.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well after Colin Honkins playing a huge role in 3 of the worst European results for Irish clubs in the last few years (Zimbru x 2 and Levadia) Glens fans should be hoping that he is back!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Glentoran
    Will you have a full-strength team for our first leg at the Oval? What do you guys think your chances are of getting a result up here? This time last year we also played a professional team, halfway through their season, and beat them. We also played Derry City at the Brandywell in November, in what was a very competitive friendly, and drew 1-1. So I wouldn't think it's a foregone conclusion that you will win.
    I don't think anyone does!
    God

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Shelbourne play to their potential they can win but it won't be easy.
    The one thing you need to avoid is going out on away goals (ala Rovers V Linfield in 1984/85 season)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnDai
    Tbh, once we still qualify for Europe it's not a total disaster.

My goodness!
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i remember one of the papers saying last week even though shels are champions they are not drawing any extra income from sponsorship even after their run in europe last year . where are they getting their money from ? its sure as hell not from attendences so how long can they go on paying their top players ? not very long if they keep playing the way they are
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am sure that everyone has heard of the dodgy dealings at Shelbourne. It will all end in tears for Ollie Byrne and Shelbourne.

Of course the Shels fans will maintain that their attendances finance their wages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Watched the game on Setanta, looked a decent game on tv. Draw would have been a fair result in fairness as Shels were very good in the second half, but they left themselves too much of a mountain to climb! Also credit to Derry for their defending. Cork should beware of the wounded animal though!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    Of course the Shels fans will maintain that their attendances finance their wages
    Hard to keep a full-time professional team going without bums on seats, it looked like there was a lot of tumbleweed in the stands!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    I wonder will shels fans wait as long as Rovers fans before taking action against their board for bringing their to brink of collapse....?

Bring back Rocketman!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course not. Sure they all thik that they can sustain the biggest wage bill in the history of Irish football from their attendances!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo Red
    it looked like there was a lot of tumbleweed in the stands!
    that's what you're mean to think ... it's really tobacco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    I wonder will shels fans wait as long as Rovers fans before taking action against their board for bringing their to brink of collapse....?

There is some shyte talked in here.

Our revenue comes because we are, or at least seems to me, the best and most pro active team in the country when it comes to fund raising. There is always something going on with us fund raising wise. Attendences alone don't cover the costs of running any club in this country, or any club in any country. We also got the most money out of the Setanta cup in this country.

If we had a board spending along the lines of Rovers we'd be long gone. We've been there or there abouts and in contention pratically every season since 1992, we're the only team in the country who can say that, and in that time we've always been financially strong, obviously the people running the club know what they're doing, whatever you may think of them.

I do however always find time to laugh at gobsh*te Bohs fans who think they know things based on reading it on internet forums from other gobsh*te Bohs fans.
    Last edited by Slash/ED; 02/07/2005 at 8:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast