Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: U23 Players 2021-22

  1. #41
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    817
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,405
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Ryan Cassidy scored a penalty for Watford U23s last week, played after a couple on the bench as he returns from a lost year and an Accrington loan which started ok but tapered off.
    The lost year and tapering off loan spell was hampered by injury was it? I don't know at what stage the injury began to impact him though.

  2. #42
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    980
    Thanked in
    629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    The lost year and tapering off loan spell was hampered by injury was it? I don't know at what stage the injury began to impact him though.
    Was it ever made clear what the injury was ?
    He was definitely out of the Accrington team while fit, having started the season in the side there, before it all went very quiet.

  3. #43
    First Team Yard of Pace's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    177
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    321
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Danny Grant gives an interview on his injury troubles at Huddersfield.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 29/09/2021 at 2:50 PM. Reason: embedded video

  4. #44
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    802
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Two goals for Evan Ferguson today against Palace. Furlong and Moran both played for Albion, while Jake O'Brien captained the Eagles: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...crystal-palace

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #45
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    802
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Bit of action tonight:

    Armstrong Okoflex scored the penalty winner in West Ham's 4-3 win over Spurs: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...urs-v-west-ham

    A very welcome return from injury for Will Smallbone, who played the full 90 against Wolves: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-v-southampton - will hopefully be back in the senior Southampton squad soon and available for an international debut in the spring

    And lest we forget about Ryan Cassidy, he scored in Watford's defeat to Bristol City: https://www.watfordfc.com/match-repo...4-bristol-city
    Last edited by samhaydenjr; 19/10/2021 at 1:25 AM.

  7. #46
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    817
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,405
    Thanked in
    953 Posts
    https://torquayunited.com/sinclair-a...nited-on-loan/

    Sinclair Armstrong joining Torquay in the National League on loan. Only turned 18 in June so this is a positive step. Wasn't in the recent under 19 squad but if you take a quick look at the Wiki page for our 19s and the recent call ups beneath the actual call ups it shows serious depth there: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repu..._football_team

  8. #47
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    311
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    There's a good article on The Athletic about Festy Ebosele, for anyone that has a sub!
    https://theathletic.com/2893635/2021...e-in-the-team/

    He should definitely be in contention for the next senior squad. We need as many exciting, pacy players as possible. I don't need to see Cyrus Christie come on at full back about a stone overweight ever again.

  9. #48
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,000
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    511
    Thanked in
    296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    There's a good article on The Athletic about Festy Ebosele, for anyone that has a sub!
    https://theathletic.com/2893635/2021...e-in-the-team/

    He should definitely be in contention for the next senior squad. We need as many exciting, pacy players as possible. I don't need to see Cyrus Christie come on at full back about a stone overweight ever again.
    Big fan of Festy for years but he’d do well to break into the 21s squad first. Lee O’Connor and Andy Lyons have been selected ahead of him in recent squads. He did pick up a knock early in the season but I think he’s been available for Derby for a good while

  10. #49
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    802
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Tayo Adaramola had a good night, with a goal and an assist as Palace beat Derby 3-2 - only turns 18 next month. Jake O'Brien captained the Eagles and Eiran Cashin wore the armband for The Rams: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...crystal-palace

    Don't know why, but Calum Kavanagh hasn't been in Middlesbrough's underage squads recently, but he played an hour today against Burnley: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-middlesbrough

  11. #50
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,940
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,015
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,222
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Calum Kavanagh had an operation right at the beginning of the season, his dad posted about it on instagram
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #51
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    802
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Calum Kavanagh had an operation right at the beginning of the season, his dad posted about it on instagram
    Thanks for the update Tets - I was trying to find info about him on Ye Olde Internete - I'm too old for Instagram!

    Anyway, Armstrong Okoflex scored a hat-trick against Man United today (admittedly two of them were penalties) https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-v-man-utd-u23

  14. #52
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,940
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,015
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,222
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Tayo Adaramola had a good night, with a goal and an assist as Palace beat Derby 3-2 - only turns 18 next month. Jake O'Brien captained the Eagles and Eiran Cashin wore the armband for The Rams: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...crystal-palace

    Don't know why, but Calum Kavanagh hasn't been in Middlesbrough's underage squads recently, but he played an hour today against Burnley: https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-middlesbrough
    Highlights of the game between Derby and Palace's U23 sides are here

    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Thanks for the update Tets - I was trying to find info about him on Ye Olde Internete - I'm too old for Instagram!

    Anyway, Armstrong Okoflex scored a hat-trick against Man United today (admittedly two of them were penalties) https://www.premierleague.com/match/...-v-man-utd-u23
    Okoflex's highlights from the game are here
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  15. #53
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,267
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    839
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    530
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Okoflex has made a good go of things since leaving celtic. Surely has done enough to get a league 1 or 2 loan in Jan

  16. #54
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    158
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    383
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Any insight into his desire to play for Ireland? I don’t believe he’s been in an Irish shirt for a while?

  17. #55
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    U19s have had no football for two years because of Covid. Only started having training camps this year which he was part of during the summer. Played for the U19s in qualifiers two years ago and is still underage for the U19s who play their qualifiers next month.

  18. #56
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    158
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    383
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Good to hear, thanks!

  19. #57
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    311
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    U19s have had no football for two years because of Covid. Only started having training camps this year which he was part of during the summer. Played for the U19s in qualifiers two years ago and is still underage for the U19s who play their qualifiers next month.
    Okoflex is born in 2002, the current qualifiers are for 2003 apparently.

    His status is a weird one. Played underage for England just after moving over and never really became eligible for them and never will because of his Celtic move. Doesn't seem that keen for the most part but has appeared here and ther.

  20. #58
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    19,940
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,015
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,222
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    U19s have had no football for two years because of Covid. Only started having training camps this year which he was part of during the summer. Played for the U19s in qualifiers two years ago and is still underage for the U19s who play their qualifiers next month.
    Incidentally, the first round of qualifiers for the 2022 UEFA Under 19 Championship are in two weeks - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_U...cation#Group_6
    Squad should be announced by the end of next week
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  21. #59
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    311
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Okoflex scores again tonight for West Ham U23s. You'd imagine he'd be a definite pick for the 21s on form. I wonder if there's allegiance issues at foot with competitive games?

  22. #60
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    He's already played competitively at underage level.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FAI Cup 2021
    By D24Saint in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 683
    Last Post: 30/11/2021, 5:44 PM
  2. 2021 Season
    By ForzaForth in forum Wexford FC
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01/07/2021, 10:22 AM
  3. Kits 2021
    By GCdfc in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 19/06/2021, 7:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26/02/2021, 8:30 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30/08/2020, 9:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •