12-18,unemployed,students ,oap 5 euro

over 18 non concessions 10 euro

from ocean fm

these prices start this saturday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At last their trying to attract people to the showgrounds and not force them away.
    There should be a big crowd at the Athlone game after yesterdays big win.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    an excellent move by the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    great news !
    did the trust have anything to do with it gary ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no the trust cant take any kudos for this one...all the club. was on the agenda to be discussed whenever we met the club again.good to hear the club have put concessions back in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One good thing is the student rate is back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Fair play to Sligo. Those are excellent prices in my opinion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Push for the Premier Division is ON...

Lads, now that we all agree that we have a realistic chance of moving up out of this god forsaken division we must too realise that the premier division will come at a price. The average price to attend a premier division game around the country is fifteen euro, the Longford lads will testify to that. So I'm wondering where our 'student' supporters' loyalty lies when it comes to premiership prices.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i know its not a lot but if the price of a normal ticket doubled overnight there would be outrage too so dont be too harsh on students!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    Lads, now that we all agree that we have a realistic chance of moving up out of this god forsaken division we must too realise that the premier division will come at a price. The average price to attend a premier division game around the country is fifteen euro, the Longford lads will testify to that. So I'm wondering where our 'student' supporters' loyalty lies when it comes to premiership prices.
    Petmuller you've always been on about students dedication in complaining about the ticket prices. These prices have a bit of sence. Its proven around the world that increasing ticket prices has only a negative effect on clubs. When the Brazilian FA introduced a law wherby the clubs must have a minimum price charged for tickets. This drove down the attendances to record lows and a year later they reversed the move. If you look at the Bundesliga which has the highest attendances in Europe, bigger than La Liga, Sire A, and the premiership. Even though the German league is ranked below all these. Dortmund are battling liquidation and yet they still charge 10 euro for an adult ticket, they still receive full houses of around 80000. So the way forward is lower ticket prices as proven by the Germans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    So I'm wondering where our 'student' supporters' loyalty lies when it comes to premiership prices.
    how dare you question our loyalty to sligo rovers.i can assure you that nobody is more passionate about the club than i am.you may have money but that doesn't make you any better than us,and definately not a better supporter.i wouldn't mind but you're the same clown that wanted to sit in silence at the games to protect your children's little sensitive ears.oh ya thats what a real supporter does.....sits in silence and doesn't bother singing to help his team don't you worry if the price went up to 20euro id scrape it together.im delighted for you that you can pay any price at the drop of a hat but get down off your high horse right now and lay off the students.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The same problem in Galway ...

.. student types, many of whom appear to be in their mid to late twenties, whinging about admission fees. These people will gladly spend E50 in a pub after the game. I suppose they ask for a discount there as well.

Students may comprise a large element of the on-line EL community but they represent a minimal sector of those who actually attend matches. I would prefer to see OAP's being given free entry to games. In many cases these people are former players and club volunteers, not middle class freeloaders who prefer to spend their parents money on vodka and red-bull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roversforever
    i can assure you that nobody is more passionate about the club than i am
    I'm sorry but I beg to differ, have you any way of proving this?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne
    .. student types, many of whom appear to be in their mid to late twenties, whinging about admission fees. These people will gladly spend E50 in a pub after the game. I suppose they ask for a discount there as well.

Students may comprise a large element of the on-line EL community but they represent a minimal sector of those who actually attend matches. I would prefer to see OAP's being given free entry to games. In many cases these people are former players and club volunteers, not middle class freeloaders who prefer to spend their parents money on vodka and red-bull.

PD, you have got to remember that students are not just people that are in third level but they are people in second level too, most of which would be aged 12-18 or so. These guys may not have a job and so have very little money, and they are not of legal drinking age so they're not spending it on that, so how can you expect them to pay 10euro for entry into a EL match?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

12-18, fair enough ...

... but someone who is 19-24+ saving a fiver a fortnight ?

Student rates have been abolished on our away buses. I recalll making an impassioned plea for cheaper concessions on buses around 4 years, only to be over-ruled. I remember a 16-year old handing me over 50 punts at the time for a 10 punts bus. Lesson learned.

When I was a student going to United away games (10-12 years ago), very few of us worked, and more often than not older lads would buy us a pint or two after the game as we had spent our money on entry and on travel.

Students have far more disposable income now, most are working etc. The students who travel with us never seem to be short of a few pounds for drinking money.

We have very few OAPS amongst our support, being a relatively young club.
    I would advocate letting them in for free anyway. This would be a worthy gesture from Sligo Rovers, considering you would have more supporters in that bracket.
    Last edited by Patrick Dunne; 05/07/2005 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think that arguing over whether students deserve a reduced entrance when they might go out and spend E50 in the pub after is a bit pointless. as far as I'm concerned it's better to have them in the ground at E5 than outside whinging about paying E10 and as a consequence not paying it.

The bigger the crowd the better - at least if they make a bit of noise.

It might help the atmosphere at the Showgies if we could get some of these students to spend E50 in the pub before the game!
    Keep on keepin' on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    I'm sorry but I beg to differ
    whats that supposed to mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    whats that supposed to mean?
    Exactly what it says, you claimed that there is no one more passionate about the club than you. I beg to differ=I dont agree with that, is that English a bit easier for you to understand?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Exactly what it says, you claimed that there is no one more passionate about the club than you. I beg to differ=I dont agree with that, is that English a bit easier for you to understand?
    and why do you not agree?you don't even know me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    and why do you not agree?you don't even know me!
    Oh yes I do,

EDIT: Ah no I'm just kidding.

Look, nearly all fans think they are the biggest suppporter of their own club but to be honest, nobody actually knows who is but what I will ask you is would you travel from England every second weekend to go to a Rovers match like Mark Brindley did?
    Last edited by sligoman; 05/07/2005 at 11:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast