Thread: All Blacks 48 Lions 18

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

All Blacks 48 Lions 18

Happy with that? Delighted for DOC.

Donncha O'Callaghan in one of seven changes that Clive Woodward has made to the Lions side for the second Test in Wellington on Saturday.
    O'Connell will partner his Munster colleague Paul O'Connell in a pack whose changes include Steve Thompson for Shane Byrne and an entire new rack-row of Simon Easterby, Lewis Moody and Ryan Jones.

In the back-line, Gareth Thomas and Gavin Henson form the midfield partnership with Jonny Wilkinson Wilkinson at out-half.

British & Irish Lions: Josh Lewsey; Jason Robinson, Gareth Thomas (captain,), Gavin Henson, Shane Williams; Jonny Wilkinson, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Steve Thompson, Julian White; Paul O'Connell, Donncha O'Callaghan; Simon Easterby, Lewis Moody, Ryan Jones.

Replacements: Shane Byrne, Graham Rowntree, Martin Corry, Martyn Williams, Matt Dawson, Stephen Jones, Shane Horgan.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Its better team apart from williams and robinson should not be playing robinson has a very poor season no form yet he make the lions team - how come and williams no disrespect to him but he too small out here he wont get a chance - actually he might pick up a serious injury in this match

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Harsh enough on Byrne, as it was the last minute changes of calls that really caused the problem. I suppose at least he still made the bench.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Its a much better side, far more balanced, and the inclusion of Easterby, Jones and Moody give the Lions three better lineout options at the back ahead of Hill, Back and Corry in the last test.That should make the terrible thrower Thompsons job a little easier, and he is far more effective around the park than The Mullett. Jonny should be more at home at out half, and Thomas and Pretty Boy should go well in the centre as they've played together quite a lot.

We'll probably get beat, but at least not by 18 points again...........

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Still don't understand how Robinson getting in the team. Didn't exactly set the ground alight against poor opposition yesterday.

Very surprised to see so many changes. If include positional changes the only players to stay are Peel, Jenkins, White, O'Connell.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Still don't understand how Robinson getting in the team. Didn't exactly set the ground alight against poor opposition yesterday.

Very surprised to see so many changes. If include positional changes the only players to stay are Peel, Jenkins, White, O'Connell.
    Can't believe Jones getting shafted for an unfit jonny, as you say the Robinson one is a baffler also.

Happy enough that SCW "backtracked" and as good as admitted last week was spoiled by his folly. HOpe it's not too late to salvage some pride.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'll wish the irish lads particularily the Munster lads well but kinda hope New Zealand win especially if play like did last week.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Glad to Woodward eat humble pie and admit he got it wrong for the 1st test. I'm happy enough with the team because at least he's put the form players in. Robinson is a surprise but I suppose we can't have everything!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Still don't understand how Robinson getting in the team
    Reckon he must have something on Woodward! 3 or 4 wingers on better form who should be in team ahead of him.

13/2 Blacks to win 6-10 points is the value bet IMHO.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Handicap at Lions +14.5 looks good.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Handicap at Lions +14.5 looks good.
    At odds of 10/11 for a +15 handicap, it is probably a 'comfort zone ' bet, but I dont believe it is value.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully they can get a win it would be nice to gain revenge for such a shocking tackle on O Driscoll.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Reckon he must have something on Woodward! 3 or 4 wingers on better form who should be in team ahead of him.

Robinson is in because Smith is injured.

Apparently had Smith been fit to play Centre, he would have done, and Thomas would have played on the wing.

I still would play cueto but there is no point having 2 attacking wingers and little defense - at least robinson will put in a couple of touch tackles.

Pete

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Well - the time is nigh, come all yee heros and lions to the fore and whip the a** of the All Black thugs.

This time tomorrow they will all be legends or failures.......tick tock tick tock..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Delighted for O'Callaghan,i hope the Irish lads play to their potential then i think the Lions should win.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Oh no

Walloped by a team so superior it stopped being a contest after 46 mins. No answers left and three nil overall series win is a cert. Shame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Woodward is a joke worst than gramham henry was four years earlier lions little better than first test and still got hammered!!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Awesome display by the All Blacks. Considering thew Lions were 10-0 up at one stage means All Blacks won the rest of the 48-8!

Some of the running & offloading in the tackle was staggering. All Blacks almost had no dropped ball.

As i said before Lions would have lost by same score last week but were saved by the rain.

No doubt Lions have good players but when they haven't played together in same positions are on hiding to nothing. Woodward will get slatted in the press. All Blacks will thrash them by same score next week.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The All Blacks were outstanding but they're very smart,they got away with alot of foul play,no other country does this fair play to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seeing as the so-called British and Irish Lions have lost yet another series, the time has come for a radical review of the process. It should either be scrapped as an anachronism or else overhauled along the lines the Ryder Cup golf was some years ago.

The fact remains is that the Lions forwards were outmuscled upfront and the backs were manhandled assaulted and overpowered sometimes even within the laws of the game by the All Blacks.

I think the time has come for a Lions of Europe to be sent on these tours replete with French , Italian, Romanian and Spaniard players ( when the latter two countries produce sufficiently talented players of course.
    The Italians have some big strong forwards as do the French who also have backs that are the pick of the Northern Hemisphere. And if the New Zealanders want to goon in the manner of Ice Hockey teams in the North American NHL then the Italian and French forwards I am sure can equally goon on behalf of Europe.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying