Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games weekend 6th to 8th August

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Also the absolute neck of Daire Doyle complaining about 6 minutes added on when his side have been brazenly wasting time since the first half!! The current application of the rules rewards and incentivises time-wasting, and 6 minutes was more than justified after watching Steacy standing over kick outs for about 20 minutes of the second half.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Your in 4th place now with two games in hand on the teams behind you, you should be ok unless Dundalk win the cup.
    That being said , man for man DFC have a first 11 that could go on a run ....it just needs to happen soon
    By and large , the season will be decided for Bohs in August. PAOK on Thursday , v Sligo next Sunday and Rovers in the cup at the end of the month. So either challenging for third or nervously holding on to 4th

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    I agree Pats don’t have a squad to compare with Rovers but “a bit limited beyond a starting 11” is under-estimating us a bit. Today we were missing Robbie Benson and Darragh Burns, probably our two best players this season, and had Jamie Lennon, Ronan Coughlan, Billy King, Sam Bone and a 20-cap current Maltese international on the bench.
    Yeah but he can't really diminish Rovers winning the title if he doesn't downplay their closest rivals.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Awful penalty decision in the Dundalk game.
    it really wasnt an awful decision at all.

I know it has been said a lot, but jesus that dundalk pitch is an absolute disgrace, it shouldnt be allowed.
    Last edited by desaintsno.12; 09/08/2021 at 9:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    it really wasnt an awful decision at all.

I know it has been said a lot, but jesus that dundalk pitch is an absolute disgrace, it shouldnt be allowed.
    On first glance it looked like the Dundalk keeper ran off his line and barged straight through the Pats player. I’ll look again , in that scenario the ref didn’t have much choice.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post

It's genuinely not fit for a game of five a side. Artificial pitches shouldn't be allowed at elite level in a country with some of the best grass growing conditions in the world. There also should be consequences for failing to maintain grass pitches to an appropriate standard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    What is right! That post contains some of the most baffling analysis I have ever read on here, and there is stiff competition!
    To understand it ; it has to be viewed through a filter of wishful/hopeful thinking influenced by a large dollop of sub-conscious bias ….. in other words Rovers will win the league but hoping we’ll somehow trip up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    There is a picture starting to form on how the league will play out, its not crystal clear just yet with the games in hand here and there. I think Rovers are looking good for another title, the quality and depth of their squad will see them through I reckon. As for ourselves becoming I'm very optimistic that we wont fade away and will be able to secure a European place for next season. The additions to the squad in the window has helped and with injuries and suspension clearing up we were able to have strong bench yesterday. The race for third is a little unclear at the moment with Sligo's poor run of form. Its safe to assume that buoyed by their European run that Bohs will push for third. I still reckon the top four will wrap as they currently stand and from our point of view that would do very nicely indeed and would represent a massive step forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Your in 4th place now with two games in hand on the teams behind you, you should be ok unless Dundalk win the cup.
    That being said , man for man DFC have a first 11 that could go on a run ....it just needs to happen soon
    The way the Cup is playing out this year, it could be that rare thing that 4th won’t get you Europe. The Top 3 could be out after this round depending on how results go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    To understand it ; it has to be viewed through a filter of wishful/hopeful thinking influenced by a large dollop of sub-conscious bias ….. in other words Rovers will win the league but hoping we’ll somehow trip up
    There is nothing sub-concious about it!! The anything is possible was a directly reply to sbgawa similar comment with tongue firmly stuck in cheek in relation to Dundalk. But fill yer boots lads cant just slate a post without backing up why -where's the fun in that?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 09/08/2021 at 4:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There is nothing sub-concious about it!! The anything is possible was a directly reply to sbgawa similar comment with tongue firmly stuck in cheek in relation to Dundalk. But fill yer boots lads cant slate just slate a post without backing up why -where's the fun in that?
    I actually was being genuine when i said DFC first 11 are a good team capable of making up 4 points on Bohs.
    They have under performed hugely this season as the core of last years team is still there.

Keeper ??? Slogget, McMillan, Boyle, McEleney, Duffy, Dumigan, Leahy, Cleary, Patching. Kelly, Stanton , Jurkkovskis

There are others i haven't listed but thre are enough players of a good standard there well capable of 4th place in our league IMO.
    They have showed it at times but never consistently.
    Even i dont believe they are going to challenge Rovers for the title so its just an honest opinion.
    Attitude (blaming the off the field stuff) is all that can be wrong with that team to be in 7th place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    On first glance it looked like the Dundalk keeper ran off his line and barged straight through the Pats player. I’ll look again , in that scenario the ref didn’t have much choice.
    It was clumsy from him, but he definitely punched the ball before falling into the Pats player I felt. What can be agreed is that pitch is rubbish. Really bad. There was a beautiful through pass early in the game with Dundalk player through on goal, and the pitch stopped it dead in its tracks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    It was clumsy from him, but he definitely punched the ball before falling into the Pats player I felt. What can be agreed is that pitch is rubbish. Really bad. There was a beautiful through pass early in the game with Dundalk player through on goal, and the pitch stopped it dead in its tracks.
    Think he got a minor touch on the ball rather than a punch - but he also fouled the Pats player so not surprised the ref gave the penalty - similar to when an outfield player gets a minimal ‘touch’ on the ball but also takes out the attacker

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    It's genuinely not fit for a game of five a side. Artificial pitches shouldn't be allowed at elite level in a country with some of the best grass growing conditions in the world. There also should be consequences for failing to maintain grass pitches to an appropriate standard.
    Agree with this. Should be no LOI clubs with artificial pitches they are a disgrace.

Now quite a few in the north as well Coleraine have recently got one and Cliftonville have long had one, an appalling pitch that is too arguably worse than Oriel, opposition teams should refuse to play on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I actually was being genuine when i said DFC first 11 are a good team capable of making up 4 points on Bohs.
    They have under performed hugely this season as the core of last years team is still there.

Keeper ??? Slogget, McMillan, Boyle, McEleney, Duffy, Dumigan, Leahy, Cleary, Patching. Kelly, Stanton , Jurkkovskis

There are others i haven't listed but thre are enough players of a good standard there well capable of 4th place in our league IMO.
    They have showed it at times but never consistently.
    Even i dont believe they are going to challenge Rovers for the title so its just an honest opinion.
    Attitude (blaming the off the field stuff) is all that can be wrong with that team to be in 7th place
    Nah I meant myself when commenting on Dundalk winning every game and winning the league being tongue in cheek.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    By and large , the season will be decided for Bohs in August. PAOK on Thursday , v Sligo next Sunday and Rovers in the cup at the end of the month. So either challenging for third or nervously holding on to 4th
    Score one goal and ye’ll beat us at the moment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Think he got a minor touch on the ball rather than a punch - but he also fouled the Pats player so not surprised the ref gave the penalty - similar to when an outfield player gets a minimal ‘touch’ on the ball but also takes out the attacker
    Fair point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Fair play to Bricham! Chirpy chappy that was a wind up merchant at heart is doing a great job at Waterford so far. Called that one wrong as a Lee Power made them and matched them type. Meet the fans night in due course will be all the easier with yarns backed up by results.
    Bircham undoubtedly doing an incredible job so far. Richard Forrest rightfully deserves a lot of credit too, we’ve significantly strengthened the squad during this window which has hugely helped also. Pinning Bircham down to a new contract gives me optimism we won’t be scraping the barrel for players a week before the season starts next year. The tide seems to be changing for the better under the new regime.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Bircham undoubtedly doing an incredible job so far. Richard Forrest rightfully deserves a lot of credit too, we’ve significantly strengthened the squad during this window which has hugely helped also. Pinning Bircham down to a new contract gives me optimism we won’t be scraping the barrel for players a week before the season starts next year. The tide seems to be changing for the better under the new regime.
    Whos Richard Forrest is that ur chairman Suly?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Whos Richard Forrest is that ur chairman Suly?
    Forrest is the new owner. Mitchell Cowling is the new chairman

22. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123