Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Liam Scales D Celtic b.1998

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    I read one criticism of him in Celtic twitter that he only ever looks to play the ball backwards. That said it all for me.

He’s had a great season and surpassed all expectations. I’m a big fan. That said if I was managing / recruiting for Celtic I’d probably look for an upgrade.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Yes I think it's possible to argue that Celtic are absolutely entitled to look for an upgrade on him as a first team starter, but still feel that he is fully deserving of a four year contract based on the season he's just had. Even if they do sign an upgrade he could easily be an important squad/rotation player for them over the next four years, so it makes sense to upgrade his contract. The response to the contract decision from Celtic fans is nothing short of appalling and yet again shows them in a very poor light.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Some of the replies on here are horrifically comical, ie Celtic play in scotland so their fans should be gratefull he signed a new contract, they watch him every week and are entitled to judge if he's good enough. Scales started the season very well but the general feeling amongst their fanbase, is that he's been fairly rank for the last few months and shouldn't be starting for them every week.
    Last edited by Rayzor; 04/05/2024 at 11:38 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Some of the replies on here are horrifically comical, ie Celtic play in scotland so their fans should be gratefull he signed a new contract, they watch him every week and are entitled to judge if he's good enough. Scales started the season very well but the general feeling amongst their fanbase,is that he'd been fairly rank for the last few months and shouldn't be starting for them every week.
    Fair enough ~ ~ But Celtic fans are usually delusional, so it is easy to feel that they are being their usual delusional !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Some of the replies on here are horrifically comical, ie Celtic play in scotland so their fans should be gratefull he signed a new contract, they watch him every week and are entitled to judge if he's good enough. Scales started the season very well but the general feeling amongst their fanbase, is that he's been fairly rank for the last few months and shouldn't be starting for them every week.
    If they had better players I'm sure they'd be playing instead. They don't, he'll have been a major contributor to their title win if they go on to win it, and he fully deserves a contract on what is unlikely to be exceptional wages. Scales isn't the problem here.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

6. Thanks From:

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314