Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Bosun Lawal (D Celtic FC B, b. May 2003)

  1. #41
    Seasoned Pro Kingdom's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Teeing off
    Posts
    4,801
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,785
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    958
    Thanked in
    565 Posts
    That's a quality post ES. That is what foot.ie should be about.
    nice one.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

  2. #42
    Seasoned Pro Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,017
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    729
    Thanked in
    503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Nigeria. Most players descent African for us their parents came over from Nigeria.
    Both parents from Nigeria. Would have no problem with him declaring for them. Totally get someone with parents playing for that country ( a la Kilbane, Breen etc.)

    But hopefully he keeps going the way he is and does a job for us

  3. #43
    Coach Poor Student's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,032
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    238
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Celtic's Bs are playing in the Premier League International Cup. He captained Celtic to a 2-2 draw with Leicester last night. Average age of 20 v 22, so there's good opportunities between the Challenge Cup, Glasgow Cup and International Cup to get a test above Lowland League level too this season.

  4. #44
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    20,896
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,542
    Thanked in
    2,980 Posts
    Highlights on YouTube
    Ben Quinn played too, Shane Flynn in midfield for Leicester
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  5. Thanks From:


  6. #45
    Coach Poor Student's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,032
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    238
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Highlights on YouTube
    Ben Quinn played too, Shane Flynn in midfield for Leicester
    He was instrumental in that first goal with his foray out of defence and ball down the right.

  7. #46
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    163
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    479
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    Back to starring for the B team again, now that big Ange got his statistics up to 2 B team player senior team appearances for the season. Who’s next for a token few minutes at the end of another dead rubber Scottish premier league game, Ben Quinn? State-of-the-art player development

  8. #47
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,723
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    653
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Back to starring for the B team again, now that big Ange got his statistics up to 2 B team player senior team appearances for the season. Who’s next for a token few minutes at the end of another dead rubber Scottish premier league game, Ben Quinn? State-of-the-art player development
    Maybe these players don't have any better offers than to go to Celtic ~ Just a thought.

    It must be very competitive ( for the clubs ) for the best young players.

  9. #48
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    779
    Thanked in
    531 Posts
    Really, unless they had no other offers at all...

    Vata and Lawal could absolutely be at more suitable places for their development. In fairness Vata is a local lad and might hopefully move on soon if he's got ambition. Lawal, I suspect, followed the money as I can't see why he'd have gone up to Glasgow otherwise.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  10. #49
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    88
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Maybe these players don't have any better offers than to go to Celtic ~ Just a thought.

    It must be very competitive ( for the clubs ) for the best young players.
    Yeah I’m really sure that is the reason!

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #50
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,723
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    653
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Yeah I’m really sure that is the reason!
    I assume if they had better offers than Celtic they would take the better offers.

    Why would they go to Celtic if they had better offers ?

  13. #51
    Coach John83's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,291
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,775
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    993
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Back to starring for the B team again, now that big Ange got his statistics up to 2 B team player senior team appearances for the season. Who’s next for a token few minutes at the end of another dead rubber Scottish premier league game, Ben Quinn? State-of-the-art player development
    Just accept it: 2022 is going to suck.

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #52
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    590
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    88
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    I assume if they had better offers than Celtic they would take the better offers.

    Why would they go to Celtic if they had better offers ?
    Because a lot of Irish players still think Celtic is relevant club and big move when in reality it’s neither which the rest of the world already knows, hopefully we catch up some day.

    I guess Celtic are good at negotiating and advertising a plan for a player that they know very well they won’t honor.

  16. #53
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,051
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    877
    Thanked in
    572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Because a lot of Irish players still think Celtic is relevant club and big move when in reality it’s neither which the rest of the world already knows, hopefully we catch up some day.

    I guess Celtic are good at negotiating and advertising a plan for a player that they know very well they won’t honor.
    Well, I guess if you're eighteen and they show you the stadium, the trophy cabinet and a couple of videos of big European nights, your head might be turned

  17. #54
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,093
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    779
    Thanked in
    531 Posts
    They are also known to pay well in terms of wages at that age group relative to other teams. If Celtic are offering a lad 4k a week and Hibs or Bolton or whoever are offering 1k, Hibs or Bolton is probably the better move for a player's career in terms of a route to first team football. But 4k a week is 200k a year and that, probably unsurprisingly, turns lads heads - and their parents' also.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Long Cox

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #55
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,723
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    653
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    They are also known to pay well in terms of wages at that age group relative to other teams. If Celtic are offering a lad 4k a week and Hibs or Bolton or whoever are offering 1k, Hibs or Bolton is probably the better move for a player's career in terms of a route to first team football. But 4k a week is 200k a year and that, probably unsurprisingly, turns lads heads - and their parents' also.
    When you think of the actual chances of actually making it at any club anywhere then it may well come in to consideration alright. Especially if you are from a poor family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. FAI: Lawal and Garcia MacNulty*called into U21 camp
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28/05/2021, 12:00 PM
  2. Best Album Of 2003
    By jebus in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 26/09/2008, 12:25 PM
  3. 2003 v. 2005
    By pineapple stu in forum UCD
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22/12/2004, 11:25 PM
  4. $h€l$ eL Champions 2003
    By brendy_éire in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23/11/2003, 4:40 PM
  5. Issue 18 - May 2003
    By FourFiveOne in forum Cork City
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/05/2003, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •