Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2021/22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    No in regards young players it's not happening because the standard at all levels in football in cork has dropped dramatically. A major reason for this is a majority of young ballers give up playing when they hit 18 19. I've watched most levels of football this year and when I think about teams 15 20 years ago they would walk all over these teams. For example , village in the early 00 won nothing but were incredible. Wilton leeside kinsale park blarney were all just way too strong. Coachford were another one in that bracket but how good would their current crop be against any of these old teams? Castleview, leeds,ballyvolane, mayfield kilreen,Balintottis,glenthorn,Blackstoneand kanturk had all really good teams innishvilla knockavilla would all be very very strong in today's leagues but were for most not up to the highest standard. We need to get young fellas more interested in continuing to play on but how do you do that. As soon as things go back to normal and they can go clubbing again and partying properly again at the weekends a lot of them will be tough to get out of bed on a sunday morning too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Are these managers only in the aul then?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    CBL coverage and website is fantastic and the AUL’s online presence is almost non existent. I do agree CBL go a bit over the top and I think it’s down to the fact the guy runs has no life so needs this. Some of the teams in it are very good but the lower teams are so poor so teams like Doolans probably find it very easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    What the lads running the business league are doing is excellent lads and commendable. It’s not they don’t have lives it’s that this is their hobby and they are highly invested in it. Fair play to them Jesus ye are a tough crowd😂😂😂

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are u the fella from the business league 😂😂😂

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbetty View Post
    Are u the fella from the business league 😂😂😂
    No, that's me bud. Thanks for the feedback though - much appreciated! 😉

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    We would all love the coverage of the business league.

It would add all the local derbys, history filled clubs, slagging, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I am the manager of Ucc I have never made a secret of that and I don’t hid behind the name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm not sure how you can say "only good thing for teams [COLOR=#333333]going MSL is it’s a better organised league with better pitches" [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]This is a massive factor for anyone playing ball these days, not to mention facilities associated with these pitches.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]I played AUL on and off for 6 years and shower facilities were almost non existent.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]I've played MSL for 8 years now and its rare you'd play on a bad patch, and always have a dressing room and shower to get togged.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]This is something that is a huge attraction to many lads who want to play now.[/COLOR]

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Long time viewer, first time poster! Looking at the aul this year, the biggest issue is lack of referees and the organization of fixtures. From what I can see there is only 8 referees in the aul? Surely they could be pulled in from schoolboys league? On top of that then the scheduling of games is well off. In division 1 UCC have played 5 games (2 of them walkovers from Hibs) but yet I see from fixtures released today that they are not down to play again next week? That would be the 4th weekend out of the 5 weekends back after the break where they have not played. Surely they should be playing before the teams that have 10+ games played?
    Only 3 games down to be played Sunday morning week? At the rate it is going it looks like a lot of teams will be out Tuesday Thursday Saturday once the light is good enough as most leagues seem to be well off finishing.
    Would presume the Corinthians Cup wont take place this year due to the backlog of fixtures.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Teams training without games. Teams organizing friendlies to keep tipping away. I hope it's done early May regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItLong11 View Post
    Long time viewer, first time poster! Looking at the aul this year, the biggest issue is lack of referees and the organization of fixtures. From what I can see there is only 8 referees in the aul? Surely they could be pulled in from schoolboys league? On top of that then the scheduling of games is well off. In division 1 UCC have played 5 games (2 of them walkovers from Hibs) but yet I see from fixtures released today that they are not down to play again next week? That would be the 4th weekend out of the 5 weekends back after the break where they have not played. Surely they should be playing before the teams that have 10+ games played?
    Only 3 games down to be played Sunday morning week? At the rate it is going it looks like a lot of teams will be out Tuesday Thursday Saturday once the light is good enough as most leagues seem to be well off finishing.
    Would presume the Corinthians Cup wont take place this year due to the backlog of fixtures.
    Very valid point leftitlong but with such a shortage of referees it is hard to get teams a fair run of games. Saturday evening games on all weather pitches and Sunday evening games must surely be looked at. No team will survive the demand of Tuesday Thursday Sunday it will just be too much. Welcome on board though

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Just seen there lads that the cork aul had up on there website about the cork aul 75th anniversary announcing 2 complimentary tickets will go to each section of the league. SURPRISE SURPRISE Coachford won 2 tickets from the premier section cork aul keeping coachford happy to keep them in the division, i personaly think the draw shud of been done infront of a member of each club at a meeting.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    Just seen there lads that the cork aul had up on there website about the cork aul 75th anniversary announcing 2 complimentary tickets will go to each section of the league. SURPRISE SURPRISE Coachford won 2 tickets from the premier section cork aul keeping coachford happy to keep them in the division, i personaly think the draw shud of been done infront of a member of each club at a meeting.
    let’s be fair their a special club what a team and beat Rockmount last nite great credit due to them can’t begrudge them success

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    let’s be fair their a special club what a team and beat Rockmount last nite great credit due to them can’t begrudge them success
    That's some result, it will be a miracle to stop them now in the league. It would want to be some team beat them in AOH aswell. Fair play to them

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    That's some result, it will be a miracle to stop them now in the league. It would want to be some team beat them in AOH aswell. Fair play to them
    Are they waiting to do the treble before going MSl??. Has the treble ever been done??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Are they waiting to do the treble before going MSl??. Has the treble ever been done??
    What treble, they didn’t win the Mossy sure
    the ball is not a bomb........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    What treble, they didn’t win the Mossy sure
    Thats why there staying in aul next season to complete it before make the step up to msl

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Thats why there staying in aul next season to complete it before make the step up to msl
    another fantastic result by the Coachford lads today congrats to everyone involved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    another fantastic result by the Coachford lads today congrats to everyone involved
    Just saw the result, fair play to all involved they are flying the flag for the AUL
    the ball is not a bomb........

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast