Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2021/22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    From what I heard a suspended player was playing when he shouldn’t have.
    Then they received a few walks overs and that decided the premier a title race.
    A few teams after downing tools early in a few divisions does show some teams in a bad light as a result.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair dues to Coacford for winning the Prem, an in fairness fair dues to Grattan for pushing them all the way. Bit like the Man City league win , it was more special because Liverpool pushed them to the end .

Delighted that those 2 teams will contest the Aoh , quite fitting really. I hope they get a good crowd. The 2 of them have been a credit to the Aul this season.

Iv never quite come across a division like the Prem this season with all the walkovers an then teams just unwilling to play their remaining games.

I suppose we can attach a lot of blame to covid , but the clubs really do have a lot to answer for.

Well done to UCC , Killumney an all the rest for keeping going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Fair play to both Grattan and Coachford obviously Coachford get the spoils but fair play to Grattan pushing them all the way.

Did Blarney St pull the plug again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Iv never quite come across a division like the Prem this season with all the walkovers an then teams just unwilling to play their remaining games.

I suppose we can attach a lot of blame to covid , but the clubs really do have a lot to answer for.
    its a complete shambles whats gone on with the walkovers. makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    its a complete shambles whats gone on with the walkovers. makes a mockery of the whole thing.
    Several of the League Cups in the Leister Senior League gone the same way,think you're in trouble if you do it in the league though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's a bit like Dad's army , people trying to be taken seriously , surrounded by those who can't take them seriously.

I take no joy from it, its a sad reflection of how far the Aul clubs have fallen in the national standing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Are the clubs having to pay fines for walkovers still?

Where are the deducted points to match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The rules state €150 fine, 3 points awarded to the other team & a 3 point deduction to team giving the walk over

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think fines might be waved this season over covid, so teams might have been exploiting it giving walk overs with no fines etc.

presume be back for next year hopefully things get back to normal with refs and teams actually having players!

also believe Blarney Street are gone, so that’s Dunbar, Glen Celtic, hibs (rumour to be reforming with Merging south coast) Cloughduv gone.

assume be few more Central? Glenthorn b ? Boscos b? All gave lots of walk overs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ya a lot gone any reasons for teams folding? the Blarney Street one is mad Cup Finalists right in it for promotion and then gone with 3 games left surely they could have kept the show on the road for week or two more.

I’ve heard of at least 3 new teams joining next season so this will hopefully add to the whole thing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In fairness we should look to the positives. People disappoint ya every day of the week. Keeping going builds character.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads let's get real the Aul is now nothing more than a pub league. Teams folding all over the place, absolutely atrocious pitches it's a bonus if u have an astro as a home pitch. The interest in this league is gone, the likes of coachford are better off out of it, You see city teams especially in pre season with there big squads spouting how this is there year by Xmas they can barely get 11. It's been going on with years and unless something drastic happens Aul be no more in Cork, I give it three to four seasons max... Its so sad to see, as a former player in the league I wudnt go across the road to watch an Aul game these days. Munster senior league are miles ahead and I'd put my house on it coachford, and a few more clubs with a decent set up and underage teams will land themselves in there.. They be daft no too

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Are these old teams returning, B teams?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The 3 I’ve heard are new teams from the county

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Likes of Imogeela and Kilmichael struggled this year. Hopefully they go into 3rd Division.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Aul has turned into a bit of a joke.
    Because its clubs have turned into a bit of a joke .
    Because its people have turned into a joke.
    It's not the Aul or the Clubs are at fault , it's the people in the Aul an it's clubs are at fault.

Time to look in the mirror an see it for what it is.

Blaming old mens faults for younger mens failures.

Leagues , an clubs are run by people , leagues an clubs dont let people down, the people let people down , we are where we are because lads just gave up caring as much as our dad's an grandads cared .

If the last thing we do is too admit that, Better it be an honest parting shot.

Rant over I'm done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Great post Jason one of the best on here for a long time.

To run clubs takes a lot of time and effort no matter the standard of the team.

A lot on here are quick to cast blame and sure some goes to the AUL but the majority is with the clubs and players.

Some of the carryings on that goes on particularly at this stage of the season is mad.

The AUL have lost a lot of that big clubs and thus this has lead to a drop of standards.

What’s left is a few decent clubs,up and coming clubs and a few very strong teams in various divisions and then the rest just make up the numbers.

Every club should feel they have a chance of winning something and if a relegation helps achieve this well and good.

The problem with the strong teams in the main when the going gets hard or they weaken due to age or loss of players.
    They either disappear or reform in the 3rd division and stop the progression of small clubs and thus this makes it harder for the smaller clubs to progress and as a result they can be lost before they ever get going.

And to be fair to they AUL what can they do they are losing teaMs each year they can hardly saY no to new teams.

It’s a fair mess.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Let's be completely honest here.

Me , I'd rather start with the bare bones, except the fact we are at rock bottom.

Start looking up as a league.

Football has to have a place where it starts in Cork , the Aul is an always has been that. Maybe I'm a romantic.

95% of the Aul fulfill there fixtures, the 5% , we have to accept an try to embrace an help improve.

Fxxk me lads but im tired of Knockin, what iv left I'm supporting from here on in.

Sink or swim

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lads any results from the AOH??

Have the semis been played yet ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fri 3rd of June 7pm ko;

AOH Cup Final;

Coachford v Grattan Utd, Turners Cross, T McCarthy, T Thompson, B O Reagan, and B

Noonan.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast