Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Games weekend 16th 17th 18th July

  1. #21
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Some turnaround from Rovers in the second half,lucky to be only 1 behind at half time but destroyed Derry after the break…..

  2. #22
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    316
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Pretty comfortable win for Pats tonight. Drogheda looked to play on the counter but didn’t get a sniff at goal really, Jaros in goal watched the game from a deck chair
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  3. #23
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Pretty comfortable win for Pats tonight. Drogheda looked to play on the counter but didn’t get a sniff at goal really, Jaros in goal watched the game from a deck chair
    Below is an extract from the match report on RTE ; having already earlier in the season engaged in bizarre taunting of an opposition player from the terrace ( when non essential personnel weren’t meant to be in stadiums) now this …. As Fr Jack might say who let that gob****e out ….. maybe the heat got to him

    “Heading pitchside to give his view to LOI TV at half-time, Brian Kerr directed genuine blame towards the stadium announcer and his frequent announcements for impeding on the match’s atmosphere.”
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 16/07/2021 at 10:30 PM.

  4. #24
    Seasoned Pro CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    953
    Thanked in
    616 Posts
    Good win v UCD in Limerick. Four points from Shels / UCD in the last two games having taken one point from that pair of fixtures in the first series.

  5. #25
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    316
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Below is an extract from the match report on RTE ; having already earlier in the season engaged in bizarre taunting of an opposition player from the terrace ( when non essential personnel weren’t meant to be in stadiums) now this …. As Fr Jack might say who let that gob****e out ….. maybe the heat got to him

    “Heading pitchside to give his view to LOI TV at half-time, Brian Kerr directed genuine blame towards the stadium announcer and his frequent announcements for impeding on the match’s atmosphere.”
    I watched it back after the game on LOITV. A fine rant it was

    In fairness the announcements were ridiculous, a reminder to maintain social distance and to continue wearing facemasks, literally every 5/10 minutes throughout the entire match. In fairness to the announcer, he was only doing as instructed by the fai/hse officials but it was pretty bizzare given there was no section of people not wearing masks or sticking to their allocated space to stand/sit
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  6. #26
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,407
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,856
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,733
    Thanked in
    2,320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Good win v UCD in Limerick.
    Yup. 21 goals in our first 7 matches of the season, and 10 in the next 9, of which 3 have been penalties. (Last night's one being particularly soft I thought)

    Need to sort that soon or we won't even make the playoffs

  7. #27
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,169
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,048
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    I watched it back after the game on LOITV. A fine rant it was

    In fairness the announcements were ridiculous, a reminder to maintain social distance and to continue wearing facemasks, literally every 5/10 minutes throughout the entire match.In fairness to the announcer, he was only doing as instructed by the fai/hse officials but it was pretty bizzare given there was no section of people not wearing masks or sticking to their allocated space to stand/sit
    The announcer in Oriel will be in his element, Christmas early for Mickey! I did laugh myself at it, Bennocelt might even secretly be Brian Kerr!

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #28
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,097
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    599
    Thanked in
    506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The announcer in Oriel will be in his element, Christmas early for Mickey! I did laugh myself at it, Bennocelt might even secretly be Brian Kerr!
    Was the same in the Aviva with the stadium announcer too. you cant disguise passion I think Bohs fans are simply trying to create a good atmosphere behind the goal which transcended around whole ground and for the majority of them its their first Bohs game in a year and a half. I know its weird times that we are in at present but the stadium announcer was annoying. Why could the stewards not go in amongst the crowd as I steward at our home matches and I have no issue in telling a few of the lads to spread out and tell them the reason why!
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  10. #29
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Dundalk getting a gentle stroll in the sun here,a training game basically…..

  11. #30
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    649
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    259
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    172
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yup. 21 goals in our first 7 matches of the season, and 10 in the next 9, of which 3 have been penalties. (Last night's one being particularly soft I thought)

    Need to sort that soon or we won't even make the playoffs
    Most recent 9 games with 16 goals conceded that form would certainly ensure UCD missing the Top 5 at the end of the season

    But then Collie O'Neill wasn't good enough for UCD's BOM so zero sympathy for where the club is going
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

  12. #31
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    187
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Harps improved in the second half without testing the keeper enough,should have been game over after the first half really though….

  13. #32
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,407
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,856
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,733
    Thanked in
    2,320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Most recent 9 games with 16 goals conceded that form would certainly ensure UCD missing the Top 5 at the end of the season

    But then Collie O'Neill wasn't good enough for UCD's BOM so zero sympathy for where the club is going
    On the flip side, we haven't conceded double figures since

  14. #33
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    7,616
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,158
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,663
    Thanked in
    916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yup. 21 goals in our first 7 matches of the season, and 10 in the next 9, of which 3 have been penalties. (Last night's one being particularly soft I thought)

    Need to sort that soon or we won't even make the playoffs
    The difference between this and the first game was night and day. Even though we went 2-0 up, you played us off the park for long periods after that, and it could easily have ended 5-2 if you'd taken some chances, and there was one dodgy offside for a lob.

    We've got a lot fitter, and found ways to accack even without McSweeney, and UCD's passing wasn't as good at all.

    That said, I thought our first goal was one the keeper should have saved. The cross was just floated in and glanced on, I was surprised he was beaten by it. I didn't tink the penalty was soft actually, defender tried to shepherd it over the line and didn't manage it, then made a rash panicked tackle on a player just begging for the contact to go down.

    I thought we'd be in trouble after that, but instead we got right back into it, and even though UCD created a couple of chances, so did we, and I thought we deserved it in the end.

  15. #34
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,407
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,856
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,733
    Thanked in
    2,320 Posts
    Yeah, I'm assuming the sun didn't help for the opener or something. Commentators mentioned he was wearing a hat, which is rare enough these days actually. (I found it quite difficult to actually watch the game because the camera seemed to be moving about a lot more than normal, and of course the angle is very wide all the time)

    Ditto on the penalty I suppose - it looked soft to me, but perhaps a close-up angle would show otherwise. Though I think any award where the player was "just begging for the contact to go down" is going to be soft-ish.

    None of which really argues against the overall result; certainly Treaty deserved the win.

  16. #35
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,469
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    144
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    630
    Thanked in
    460 Posts
    Agent Dean williams playing well for Longford who are winning 1 nil at half time at Bohs.
    Long second half ahead

  17. #36
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,469
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    144
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    630
    Thanked in
    460 Posts
    jinxed it, im off to the pub

  18. #37
    Youth Team DCSIL's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    247
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Waterford beating Sligo, Cian Kavanagh with a great goal.

  19. #38
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    12,137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,856
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    16 year old Jamie Mullins got the equalizer against Longford and quite the goal it was too.

  20. #39
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,469
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    144
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    630
    Thanked in
    460 Posts
    St Kevin's doing great work at underage

  21. #40
    Reserves Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    96
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Good day for Pats.

    Can see why Harps fans are so worried. Hoping they can have their classic x-game winning streak to close out the season because they'll need it at this rate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2021 Predictions League: Series 21 [16th/17th/18th July]
    By TheBoss in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16/07/2021, 4:00 PM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 19/03/2018, 3:38 PM
  3. LOI Fixtures 17th/18th July 2015
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 20/07/2015, 10:15 AM
  4. Weekend 16th-18th May Updates
    By TheBoss in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 19/05/2008, 7:27 PM
  5. Re-scheduled games (17th - 19th July)
    By sligoman in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19/07/2006, 6:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •