Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Lower tiers sold out. That must be at least 20k tickets or thereabouts. What is the spread of seats in the Aviva ie number of seats in lower tier, premium & upper tiers ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Lower tiers sold out. That must be at least 20k tickets or thereabouts. What is the spread of seats in the Aviva ie number of seats in lower tier, premium & upper tiers ?
    Doesn’t appear to be easy to find this sort of capacity info online. I was trying to find a stand by stand capacity last week and couldn’t find anything so I’d imagine a tier by tier capacity list would be even harder to find.

Whats the story with ticket money for the Cup Final? Is it a case of each club getting the money for the tickets they sell, or an equal percentage split of the total crowd, or do the greedy guts FAI keep all (or a percentage) of ticket sales for the 'right' to play in the aviva?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    From what i hear the FAI maintain the cup final is essentially breakeven every year.
    Clubs get buttons

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Doesn’t appear to be easy to find this sort of capacity info online. I was trying to find a stand by stand capacity last week and couldn’t find anything so I’d imagine a tier by tier capacity list would be even harder to find.
    Full capacity is 51,700
    Premium level 11,000
    Boxes 1,300
    Leaving a split of 39,400 between the 2 tiers

The big sections on the lower East and South stands hold 850 each. not sure what the capacity of the North Stand is but think it is about 3,000/3,500
    Here on a technicality.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Full capacity is 51,700
    Premium level 11,000
    Boxes 1,300
    Leaving a split of 39,400 between the 2 tiers

The big sections on the lower East and South stands hold 850 each. not sure what the capacity of the North Stand is but think it is about 3,000/3,500
    Just had a little look at the seatmap and their seems to be about 14k or so left on Ticketmaster, if these numbers are accurate the crowd could eventually pass 40k even with little promotion from the FAI, imagine if they really cared.....

I dread to see the state of the pitch though, Ireland are playing Argentina and New Zealand there beforehand in the egg chasing in the 2 weeks leading up to the game.
    Last edited by forza; 08/11/2021 at 2:52 PM.
    Theres a prize for bringing the most fans you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza View Post
    Just had a little look at the seatmap and their seems to be about 14k or so left on Ticketmaster, if these numbers are accurate the crowd could eventually pass 40k even with little promotion from the FAI, imagine if they really cared.....

I dread to see the state of the pitch though, Ireland are playing Argentina and New Zealand there beforehand in the egg chasing in the 2 weeks leading up to the game.
    Some of the sections never went on sale on Ticketmaster so there's probably about 25,000 still to go.
    Here on a technicality.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Some of the sections never went on sale on Ticketmaster so there's probably about 25,000 still to go.
    I wasnt aware of this, cheers.
    Theres a prize for bringing the most fans you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza View Post

The Autumn Internationals are always 2-4 games in the weeks or even days prior to the cup. Having been at 6 in a row the pitch was always excellent even when the weather wasnt. The type of pitch is designed not to break up underfoot with the plastic weave integrated in to the natural turf, the grounds people also do a good job obviously. The old Landownne Road pitch was always good craic to see at a soccer match after the rugby - Jack probably asked for a rugby match to be played the day before as part of his tactical masterclass. I will probably be made an ass of now by a rare banjaxed pitch. One of the benefits of the planning objections to the height of the ground originally has had an unplanned benefit where the pitch gets proper sunlight. The new Wembley pitch was a disaster when opened first with large areas permanently in shadow, hence the of the use of the huge artificial light systems that ye see now at nearly every large stadium.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/11/2021 at 4:15 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    From what i hear the FAI maintain the cup final is essentially breakeven every year.
    Clubs get buttons
    I'm not sure what the story is now, it hasn't been something we'd have needed to know for quite a while, but as far as I can recall by the time of our last cup final in 2007 it was just flat prize money paid to the clubs and the FAI kept all the money from ticket sales. In 2003 and 2004 the gate receipts were divided between clubs and the FAI I think.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The Autumn Internationals are always 2-4 games in the weeks or even days prior to the cup. Having been at 6 in a row the pitch was always excellent even when the weather wasnt. The type of pitch is designed not to break up underfoot with the plastic weave integrated in to the natural turf, the grounds people also do a good job obviously. The old Landownne Road pitch was always good craic to see at a soccer match after the rugby - Jack probably asked for a rugby match to be played the day before as part of his tactical masterclass. I will probably be made an ass of now by a rare banjaxed pitch. One of the benefits of the planning objections to the height of the ground originally has had an unplanned benefit where the pitch gets proper sunlight. The new Wembley pitch was a disaster when opened first with large areas permanently in shadow, hence the of the use of the huge artificial light systems that ye see now at nearly every large stadium.
    The pitch was in absolute rag order for the cup final last year as well as the Dundalk Arsenal game a few days later following the rugby being played on it

https://youtu.be/arktD8n53mU
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    FAI president has confirmed there’s 30k tickets sold already in this article https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...t-covid-rules/

Pats have sold all their lower tier and premium allocation with just 2 blocks left in the West stand upper and 2 in the East upper. Bohs have sold all their lower tier allocation while there’s currently 9 upper tier blocks and 5 premium blocks with tickets still available for them. 2 upper tier blocks and 1 premium are available at the moment for neutrals via General sale. Hopefully ticketmaster will release more premium blocks for pats given there was only 3 allocated to pats
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    The pitch was in absolute rag order for the cup final last year as well as the Dundalk Arsenal game a few days later following the rugby being played on it

https://youtu.be/arktD8n53mU
    We obviously have different standards. It's not perfect and with a lot of wet weather it probably couldnt be, but it wasnt a mud bath or cut to shreds.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We obviously have different standards. It's not perfect and with a lot of wet weather it probably couldnt be, but it wasnt a mud bath or cut to shreds.
    I should say that I meant rag order by Aviva standards. It’s still a lot better than the likes of Finn Park or Bishopsgate during the start/end of a season but it was definitely the worst I’ve seen the Aviva's pitch anyways
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    BCD didnt make it too easy to assess (thats missing a cup final and a European game against Arsenal grrrrr!). It didnt jump out that players were struggling with the surface but then again a bad Aviva surface would probably still be preferred by Dundalk players t0 Oriel. So yeah probably relative.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    FAI president has confirmed there’s 30k tickets sold already in this article
    Wow. This year has the potential to break the Cup final crowd record!
    For reference, biggest crowd in the Aviva has been 36k for Rovers v Sligo in 2010.
    Crowds in Dalymount 1940-1980 ranged around 20k to 35k.
    1980s saw a massive drop to 10-15k.
    Record was set in Dalymount 1945 Rovers v Bohs - 44,238

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAI_Cup

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Am tempted to go along to the Final myself as a neutral.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I'm heading to the final.(Supporting Pats)
    Are the premium level tickets worth it? In terms of - i'd like to have a few pints at the match etc... I've been to all of the Dundalk cup finals at the Aviva over the past few seasons but was always in the singing sections etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I'm heading to the final.(Supporting Pats)
    Are the premium level tickets worth it? In terms of - i'd like to have a few pints at the match etc... I've been to all of the Dundalk cup finals at the Aviva over the past few seasons but was always in the singing sections etc.
    I think its worth it, especially if the game is pure muck lol. Pints wouldnt be the cheapest. It beats rushing a pint in a pub to get in before KO knowing you can head to the ground a bit earlier and get a beer in. You could walk the way 'round the Aviva premium level previous years so always got a quiet bar at HT in one of the sections. Its also a quicker getaway post match when used to the routine.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 18/11/2021 at 9:12 PM.

23. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Premium is great, well worth the extra cash if you have it

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I took my elderly Dad and couple of the kids the 1st SRFC game, chilly day, so was good that he could head in to the warmth of the premiu area, have a beer and still be able to see the game. Of course to beat the crowd we left with a couple of minutes to go and missed the Duffy equalizer. Was only when we got to Connolly Station and the game was still on copped that it had gone to ET and penos. Bit of a blessing as id have been more than peeved off after losing a peno shootout watching live. But then George Best left the Camp Nou with minutes left of the '99 European Cup final only to walk in to a bar and see Man Utd lifting the trophy lol. You can probably gauge the atmosphere better in general when not in amongst the rowdy bunch. The last final v Cork was by far the best atmosphere including most RoI games. Not near the rugby match atmosphere though tbh. To be able to mingle with other club fans in the premium area was great too. Few Cork lads i'd still have contact with after a good auld chat before and after one of the finals.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast