Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    First they were on Twitter blaming Rovers, now it's the pesky Brits. I wonder if it was the Brits who got block A of the Jodi shut down for the last derby. Maybe these Wrexham lads are the new stewards in Dalymount?

Entertaining game though and a cracking atmosphere from the real supporters of both clubs who were obviously in the vast majority. Bohs looked like the pressure of so much riding on the game got to them and they didn't look great until Pats legs went in ET. All those PoTMs didn't turn up for the day at all. Kelly was poor by his standards but I think if he'd stayed on they might just have nicked it. Funny to think where they'd be without his goals this season whereas if Pats had kept him and gotten him scoring they might have been close to a double.

Pats looked good in patches but really need that kind of focal point up front. Benson and Forrester were in control for most of it but there was no outlet ahead of them with Burns wrapped up by Wilson who had a great game. They didn't threaten much at all despite playing the better football and Bohs probably deserved to win in ET on chances. On balance though the day was Pats. That was clear when Bohs come out in leggings and tshirts before the game as Roddy has pointed out.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I don't agree with Roddy on much (and it didn't impact the game!) but I'd want to see my team's players in suits for an FAI Cup final. It's a bonus for them too. We got them for all of our players for the ones we were in.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Ah yeah I'm only jokingly agreeing with the Rodster...but I do think you should do everything you can to prepare properly for a cup final and that includes all the pre match build up. It should feel special because it is. Liam Buckley did the opposite with Rovers in 2002, preferring to pretend it was just another league game. He fell out with Pat Scully over it after we lost to Derry. Of course those Bohs players possibly thought they looked the part which is maybe all that matters.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post

It’s daft like when Harps fans sing what’s it’s like to have a queen and make flags saying go back to the Irish league at Derry games.
    I had to laugh when some Pats fans decided to treat the Linfield fans to “What’s it like to serve the Queen ?” during a Setanta cup match at Richmond back in the day. Talk about missing the point . I imagine the Linfield fans were thinking, “why it’s jolly nice, thanks for asking !”
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435