Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    The books never lie. We’ll see what the profit and loss is for this year when you file your returns. We’ve all played the win or bust LOI game and we all know how it ends.

Indeed we will but the 1m transfers and 1.3 Euro money are facts so im pretty relaxed and then with Europe to look forward to it feels good.
    Any chance of a contract extension for 007 and lets not forget Commissar Lambert and his "broad definition of success"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    That is a hard way to lose a final. Will take a while to get over that one… That aside, it was a wonderful crowd and occasion for the showpiece game for our league. Hopefully the league won today too.

A showcase completely tarnished by that disgraceful carry on at the Irishtown bar before the match. Four years in a row I went to Cup finals against Dundalk, and while there was a strong rivalry there, I thought nothing of bringing a kid along and mingling with Dundalk supporters.

It's not the first time a sizeable group of Bohs' following have made a show of themselves this season, and I wouldn't mind half as much if it weren't for the fact that the entire LOI gets tarred with the same brush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    The books never lie. We’ll see what the profit and loss is for this year when you file your returns. We’ve all played the win or bust LOI game and we all know how it ends.
    Well I know exactly our financial position ; not prepared to reveal on a public forum; but do believe me or don’t when I say it’s extremely healthy and in due course our published accounts will confirm that…. We’re no longer trying to build a sustainable financial/success model - we’ve done that- next phase is to go to next level and that’s the challenge for next season

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Agree Bohs needed the win today way more than Pats did - with the annual drain of their best players and no Euro money to replace them ; plus teams above them better off financially ; will take some effort by Long/Crolly to find replacements and improve on this year
    I'd say this will be Long's toughest mission yet. Most years they usually lose 2-3 but this year it might be more. We know Tierney is gone to Motherwell already. Buckley heading for Oz apparently. Very possible Devoy will go across the water too. Kelly is likely heading back up north. Burt's contract is up too so I'd suspect he'll have plenty of offers - he looked dangerous every time I've seen him.

That's basically their whole midfield and attack who'll likely be leaving. Long will need to perform some recruitment miracles to keep them competitive next year. Can he do it again??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Just back and thought that it was a poor spectacle in general. Picked up a bit in extra time as players began to tire but neither team really had a go during the game. Thought Pats were slightly the better team. Super save from Talbot in first half and from Jaros at the end of extra time.

The flares being let off constantly were a complete joke and that the worst attempt at a pitch invasion I think I ever saw. However that withstanding it was a super atmosphere.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    I’d like to dedicate that win to the Bohs fans that decided to attack the pub in Irishtown that was arranged for a family fun day for pats fans and hit elderly women and children with bottles. Enjoy your summer at home next year you absolute cowards.

Other than that a great day, Pats and Bohs fans all over town throughout the day and night, it really was a day that showed what the LOI could and should be in terms of attendance.

Im sure the media are gutted they’ll find it harder to push the Keith Long manager of the year agenda after his incredible achievement of taking bohs from 2nd to 5th in the league
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 29/11/2021 at 12:25 AM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshead View Post
    A showcase completely tarnished by that disgraceful carry on at the Irishtown bar before the match.h.
    The entire cup final was not “completely tarnished” by a 30/40 man punch up that is sensationalist b0ll0cks. It was not nice to see but let’s not make more of it than what it was, there will be plenty of others willing to do that.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    What's another year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Well I know exactly our financial position ; not prepared to reveal on a public forum; but do believe me or don’t when I say it’s extremely healthy and in due course our published accounts will confirm that…. We’re no longer trying to build a sustainable financial/success model - we’ve done that- next phase is to go to next level and that’s the challenge for next season
    Hey, keep your Bohs/Rovers bitchfest out of our celebration thread

On the game, I thought we were the better side until the second period of extra time. Bohs finished the stronger, and how they didn’t score in that game of ping pong inside our six yard area I’ll never know. Thought we were goosed at that stage. However, all’s well that ends well. I thought the game wasn’t as bad as some here have said, while definitely not a classic it was compelling enough, though I’m not a neutral and maybe it looked different from that perspective.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    It's fair to say that humanity won today. Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Pats deserved it over the 120 mins SOD has done a great job to be fair to him.
    The viewing figs will be interesting, I'd say they will be decent as the extra time and especially pens will have brought people in. Clashing with Chelsea Man U for neutrals won't have helped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    The entire cup final was not “completely tarnished” by a 30/40 man punch up that is sensationalist b0ll0cks. It was not nice to see but let’s not make more of it than what it was, there will be plenty of others willing to do that.
    It was actually, because guess what a lot of people are talking about this morning? Have a look at the editor of Balls.ie is tweeting this morning. I have mates onto me about it. This bull**** tarnishes the entire league, it's a massive image problem and it arose on the LOI's biggest day of the year. We can't stick our heads in the sand about this.

18. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I thought the game wasn’t as bad as some here have said, while definitely not a classic it was compelling enough, though I’m not a neutral and maybe it looked different from that perspective.
    It was awful stuff. I know from a Pat's/Bohs point of view it was probably a tense cagey affair, and that's fine obviously. It was a great occasion for both clubs, and Pat's have a trophy.

But the amount of basic mistakes under little pressure was amazing. Shots were too weak to trouble anyone, needless extra touches were taken in dangerous areas, set pieces were wasted, possession was given away cheaply, chances were very few.

Extra time was much better of course. But if I were Stephen Kenny watching that to see who might add something to a fairly poor national team, I'd have come away empty-handed.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I thought the game wasn’t as bad as some here have said, while definitely not a classic it was compelling enough, though I’m not a neutral and maybe it looked different from that perspective.
    As a neutral who went I can confirm that normal time was a very poor spectacle. A handful of moments of quality strangled by an abundance of poor touches and unforced errors. Pats definitely worthy winners though and the athmosphere went some ways towards making up for the football.

A small thing but it annoys me every year that the screens in the ground show replays of goal chances but not of fouls. What is the rationale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    i tuned in as a neutral and enjoyed the match and the occasion.
    Finals are tense affairs 90% of the time and this was no different. Still enjoyable though.

as for the trouble before the match..... id say most reasonable people will simply see it as the usual scum who if they were not causing trouble in Irishtown yesterday would have been causing trouble elsewhere in town yesterday.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post

A small thing but it annoys me every year that the screens in the ground show replays of goal chances but not of fouls. What is the rationale?
    I think it's so as not to undermine the ref if there's a wrong decision shown on the screens. So either the crowd get on his back more, or he sees he's made a mistake and it impacts his game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshead View Post
    It was actually, because guess what a lot of people are talking about this morning? Have a look at the editor of Balls.ie is tweeting.
    The name of that website (Come on, it’s a Celtic fan Blog) says it all.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think it's so as not to undermine the ref if there's a wrong decision shown on the screens. So either the crowd get on his back more, or he sees he's made a mistake and it impacts his game.
    Yeah this is my assumption too. I still don't like it though I find it hard to pinpoint exactly why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    The name of that website (Come on, it’s a Celtic fan Blog) says it all.
    I'm not a fan of it, but it doesn't matter a ****e, it has a following and this morning he's on about the trouble, not the match. We need to stop washing our hands of these scumbags, the 'it's a small minority', 'not representative of our club' nonsense and minimising this stuff. It's a problem for our game.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    That was an interesting day in the life. I thought it was a poor affair but delighted to be at the right end of it. Neither side was up to the occasion but in particular Bohs didn’t show up. It’s easy to bash both set of players but it was a huge occasion with such a large crowd.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast