Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 684

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

  1. #541
    First Team ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,177
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    244
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    431
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bradser was suspended for one of the recent cup finals, always seems a bit harsh imo
    Was he? Yeah a ridiculous rule no matter what club you support.

  2. #542
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    541
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    860
    Thanked in
    439 Posts
    35,000 tickets sold as of this morning the FAI have confirmed.

    The Aviva record will be beaten can the all time one be beaten?
    Here on a technicality.

  3. #543
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    252
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Was he? Yeah a ridiculous rule no matter what club you support.
    Plenty of players have missed cup finals too Id say. I know Richie Ryan missed the 2010 final cause of suspensions. Always thought suspenions shouldnt cross over competitions.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

  4. #544
    First Team Buller's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Cider
    Posts
    1,209
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    35,000 tickets sold as of this morning the FAI have confirmed.

    The Aviva record will be beaten can the all time one be beaten?
    Amazing stuff! I'd say it will, the buzz is only growing for this one if anything.

  5. #545
    First Team lofty9's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Amazing stuff! I'd say it will, the buzz is only growing for this one if anything.

    I've two kids looking for me to drive from Derry for it...Where's my St Pat's jersey!?
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

  6. #546
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,395
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    573
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    584
    Thanked in
    337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Plenty of players have missed cup finals too Id say. I know Richie Ryan missed the 2010 final cause of suspensions. Always thought suspenions shouldnt cross over competitions.
    Blinkhorn as well. They changed the rules after that so accumulation of yellow cards wouldn’t keep you out of the cup final but red card suspensions do.

  7. #547
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,728
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,074
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bradser was suspended for one of the recent cup finals, always seems a bit harsh imo
    See! made little difference whether on the bench or not, his job was done prepping in advance and someone else could think on their feet during a game - rabbit in headlights.

  8. #548
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,647
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    265
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    I've two kids looking for me to drive from Derry for it...Where's my St Pat's jersey!?
    A lend can be arranged 😀

  9. #549
    First Team Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    289
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Blinkhorn as well. They changed the rules after that so accumulation of yellow cards wouldn’t keep you out of the cup final but red card suspensions do.
    Not sure about that. Chris Shields missed the 2019 final due to an accumulation of yellow cards.

  10. #550
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    410
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    140
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    88
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Not sure about that. Chris Shields missed the 2019 final due to an accumulation of yellow cards.

    It was changed so that players that accumulated 4 yellows wouldn’t miss the final (Shields missed the 2019 final due to 8 yellows) but it wasn’t until 2020 that it was changed again to mean players wouldn’t miss the final for any amount of yellows over the season

    The changes in ruling for cup final suspensions are in this article

    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...fai-cup-final/
    Paaatrick's Agletic

  11. #551
    First Team TonyD's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Football
    Posts
    1,992
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    267
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    35,000 tickets sold as of this morning the FAI have confirmed.

    The Aviva record will be beaten can the all time one be beaten?
    Thatís fantastic. I wonder why the jump in numbers this year ? Would be great to think there is an increase in interest in the league. Hopefully it will be a good game. (And we win of course. No point in losing a thriller. Been there, done that twice v Derry in 2006 and 2012.)
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

  12. #552
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,472
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,289
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    625
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Blinkhorn as well. They changed the rules after that so accumulation of yellow cards wouldn’t keep you out of the cup final but red card suspensions do.

    Danny Murphy and Roy O'Donovan were suspended in 2005 after receiving yellows in a league game against Waterford. Neal Horgan was suspended in 2007.

  13. #553
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,472
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,289
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    625
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    That’s fantastic. I wonder why the jump in numbers this year ? Would be great to think there is an increase in interest in the league. Hopefully it will be a good game. (And we win of course. No point in losing a thriller. Been there, done that twice v Derry in 2006 and 2012.)
    Two Dublin teams has to help, and its two teams who haven't been to the final in recent years. Seven years for Pats, 13 for Bohs so no fatigue from the fan bases, and probably some neutral interest after 3 teams playing in the last 6 finals. Plus crowds have been limited in the last 18+ months so lots of latent desire to go to football.

  14. #554
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,728
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,074
    Thanked in
    743 Posts
    and Cork fans couldnt travel to the game on a school night!

  15. #555
    Reserves pateen's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    578
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    That's a fantastic crowd so far. I think in comparison to previous years the matches I've seen for the most part have been very entertaining.

    Bohs and Dundalks European games were very enjoyable to watch.

  16. #556
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,802
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,153
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    605
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Danny Murphy and Roy O'Donovan were suspended in 2005 after receiving yellows in a league game against Waterford. Neal Horgan was suspended in 2007.
    Same with Gary Deegan in 07 for us too. Whats capacity of Aviva does anyone know?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  17. #557
    International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    5,791
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    945
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    379
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    51,700

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #558
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    896
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    480
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    51,700

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #559
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Thatís fantastic. I wonder why the jump in numbers this year ? Would be great to think there is an increase in interest in the league. Hopefully it will be a good game. (And we win of course. No point in losing a thriller. Been there, done that twice v Derry in 2006 and 2012.)
    The big club returning to our second home!

  22. #560
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    369
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    It will defo be over the 40,000 mark and the Bohs fans will prob out number St. Pats by 2:1. The Bohs fans are planning a real colourful show for TV, I hear!

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2021 Predictions
    By nigel-harps1954 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 24/11/2021, 4:29 PM
  2. Kits 2021
    By GCdfc in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 19/06/2021, 7:36 PM
  3. Pre-season 2021
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 13/03/2021, 10:50 PM
  4. Squad 2021
    By Lim till i die in forum Treaty United
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/03/2021, 8:19 AM
  5. Who is going to win the 2021 League
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 02/03/2021, 2:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •