Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Dundalk's last chance at turning a chaotic season into something successful has evaporated. Pats by far the better team, but games change on moments too. Pats scored not long after a tremendous 30 yard effort from Stanton for Dundalk. Great goals from them, especially the second one. Dundalk right flank and their midfield in general were as pourous as swiss cheese, and Pats looked dangerous exploiting it, anytime Dundalk pushed up. I was so impressed with young Darragh Burns. You could see through him, and other Pats players that they were collectively more 'up for it' than Dundalk were, and fair play to them.It's going to be a good final with two good teams.As for Dundalk, no European football now, unless 3rd to 7th all capitulate while they win their remaining games, which sems unlikely. They do have to play Pats again in the League shortly, so you never know, they could focus everything into winning their last 6 and taking it from there, but the manner of the defeat and the disappointment that follows it, will be hard to lift out of I reckon.
    Last edited by CorribsideSteve; 23/10/2021 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    What a tremendous job Keith Long has done! Taking the club from death's door to a cup final. Remarkable achievement, can't wait now for another day out at Lansdowne Road, there will be a massive Bohs crowd there. We will be underdogs but hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    What a tremendous job Keith Long has done! Taking the club from death's door to a cup final. Remarkable achievement, can't wait now for another day out at Lansdowne Road, there will be a massive Bohs crowd there. We will be underdogs but hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves.
    5th in a very very poor league and won nout with a decent squad could be done by somebody in their sleep surely.

I mean I reckon Derry will finish 3rd with a poorer, an almost Irish League standard line up and with a 10 game handicap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ballsdoti...566871557?s=21

I’d imagine John Sheridan would enjoy this.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    It looked like Waterford would hold on for the draw which we would have been happy with down to 10 men for a good while. Wordsworth should have scored that early chance. Hard to tell if goal was offside or not, very tight.
    Some fans acting the idiots on both sides during the game and security was fairly weak there. A group of young Bohs fans charged into the exit where Waterford fans were leaving attacking a few. One Stone Island jumper wearing teenager got a few belts of a Garda baton when they saw what was happening.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ballsdoti...566871557?s=21

I’d imagine John Sheridan would enjoy this.
    That is quality in fairness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Have to give credit to Kelly for the quality of his post match interview …. Not going to be a hypocrite so was of course hoping for a Waterford win…. But his joy and exuberance and his connection with his fans has to be lauded - as Clough used to say “…. He’s a fine young man….- it’s that sort of moment that makes our league very special

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    5th in a very very poor league and won nout with a decent squad could be done by somebody in their sleep surely.

I mean I reckon Derry will finish 3rd with a poorer, an almost Irish League standard line up and with a 10 game handicap.
    Ah don't be so negative, we're delighted to reach a cup final. Park the cynicism for a day or two.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    Ah don't be so negative, we're delighted to reach a cup final. Park the cynicism for a day or two.
    It's not a Bohs forum in all fairness. You are telling us Long has done a tremendous job and DCWA is just telling you he hasn't. You got a lovely route to the final and you might get a trophy which, to be fair, your best performances this season might deserve. But you're still 5th in a 10 team league with possibly the best striker in Ireland. Wouldn't say that's a tremendous return.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Best night in years down in Inchicore last night. Some great goals and a very enjoyable game, great advert for the leag…. oh wait RTE

Darragh Burns is a special special talent and definitely one for the 'get out and watch him in the flesh while you still can' category
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Brilliant behind the scenes video by Bernardo Santos on the Pats media team from Friday night. He's been making them all season but this is probably the best one in my opinion. Just goes to show what can be done on a small scale budget

https://youtu.be/o7xorZMQ0xw
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 24/10/2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Brilliant behind the scenes video by Bernardo Santos on the Pats media team from Friday night. He's been making them all season but this is probably the best one in my opinion. Just goes to show what can be done on a small scale budget

The FAI will be pleased that the video makes it easy for them to tot up all the flares etc for the penalties they'll be levying on Pats !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    The FAI will be pleased that the video makes it easy for them to tot up all the flares etc for the penalties they'll be levying on Pats !
    The FAI will probably be using said videos in promoting the final aswell
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    On flares, have to say one of the weirder things I've ever witnessed at a game was a Dundalk fan appearing to throw one at or at least right in the direction of Cherrie when it was still 0-0. Good thing he was at the other end for the second and third goals!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    At times I dont think these types know where they are never mind details like who is in goal!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    On flares, have to say one of the weirder things I've ever witnessed at a game was a Dundalk fan appearing to throw one at or at least right in the direction of Cherrie when it was still 0-0. Good thing he was at the other end for the second and third goals!
    Exact same thing happened in Dalymount last week too, if some of them had brains they'd be dangerous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Unfortunately even the single cell Brainiacs have shown to be dangerous. Its preaching to the choir here I know, but that case in Eyre Square recently, where a woman waiting at a bus stop being hit by a firework shows the damage that can be done by muppets 'having a laugh' with pyro - closing Eyre Square at night is a possibility due to ongoing issues. The poor woman has been badly disfigured and supposedly blinded maybe permanently. A similar firework was fired over the pitch and players in Oriel a few weeks ago. From a purely football angle, how can a keeper concentrate on his game when 2 games in a row in front of his own fans he has had flares thrown in his direction. People know who the culprits are, there is video footage also of the incident i Oriel so for no action to happen bar an FAI fine is a damn disgrace and its only a matter of time before an injury ends up in a costly lawsuit for a club. I dont understand why its just let go. A start would be the FAI, clubs and RTE et al not using footage of flares in highlight reels. Id go as far as RTE refusing to cover games in Oriel due to the risk to their staff in the gabtry over the shed until something gets done.

That said, for as stupid as some of our fans are with fireworks, this is...well i dont know how to call it. Graphic stupidity rather than graphic injury - off topic but in the ball park of the types tha probably have to be dealt with....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYbjinjgIVI
    Last edited by Nesta99; 24/10/2021 at 9:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    A number of flares and fireworks thrown on at Dalymount on Friday night by both sets of fans. One thrown by Waterford fans narrowly missed the head of a female steward who was clearing away another one from the goalmouth before kick off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post

Music is way over the top but the footage is great and the shot of the pub banter looks great too
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Is there any indication when tickets will go on sale?

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast