Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Terrible goal to concede there,3 of them fell asleep….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Michael Duffy!!!! What.A.Goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Can we please have 1 cup final without Dundalk in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Dundalk pretty good when their motivated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Brutal from us there tonight,Leahy and Animasahun at CB and made it so easy for them,A very Finn Harps night in fairness,painful.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Interesting semi finals on the way, all 4 teams capable of beating each other. Bohs are the favourites with the bookies.

Pats are 12 points ahead of Bohs (2 games in hand), 21 points ahead of Waterford and 22 points ahead of Dundalk but I still don’t want any of them away from home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Interesting semi finals on the way, all 4 teams capable of beating each other. Bohs are the favourites with the bookies.

Pats are 12 points ahead of Bohs (2 games in hand), 21 points ahead of Waterford and 22 points ahead of Dundalk but I still don’t want any of them away from home.
    Probably obvious but whoever gets the 2 home draws will have the big advantage,id have my money on Bohs but if Dundalk get healthy you'd never rule them out......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    One things for sure. If Gerry Malone is saying it, it's wrong. 3 out, Boyle, Cleary and Stanton. No centre half's and no experienced outfield players on the bench. Will be a long night
    Called it, was a long night but for Harps who were very poor. An 18 year old and Leahy at centre half and they strolled through the game. Harps will never get a better chance. Be hard for Ollie to defect this result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Totally dejected after that. Three games in a week caught up with us. 1-0 up, controlling the game, and should have had two or three in the first half. Didn't turn up for the rest of the game. Just gutted.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Disagree that we cant win it on Tuesday - We'll have a partisan support in op same as Harps had last night and i think that will be a huge factor.In fact,i think having fans back in op will be the factor that will see us staying up.
    It'll be a scrap alright but i think the home advantage will get us into the sf'
    Our home crowd were the 12th man last night and Hoban a good call for captain and was a man inspired throughout the match. MOTM

If we can get out of this week with 3 points against Sligo i'll be a happy man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    We should have been home and dry in the first half. Chances not taken and gave Dundalk a gift wrapped first. Didn’t push on in the second half. Second half was dire. Full time training showed for Dundalk in extra time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Interesting to see Ollie and Harps fans talking about Dundalk's superior fitness. Of course full time training makes a difference, but when you have played so many games in short succession with practically the same 11 then that should level the playing field. Even "part-time" players should be able to handle three games in a short period at this stage of the season, particularly if they can be rotated.
    So sorry Harps fans that's a poor excuse, I would seriously be wondering why your team was unable to beat an incredibly patched up, confidence sapped Dundalk last night. It has nothing to do with fitness, the Dundalk lads were all on their knees at full-time.

On a side note, since refs have been rightly given plenty of stick recently, I thought Ben Connolly was very good last night. Maybe my expectations are rock bottom though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I’ll agree to disagree on the fitness.
    Half the Harps team had a days work done before the match yesterday.
    As for the ref he was Ok but I don’t think the penalty was a penalty. Little to no contact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Nobody or sfa from Harps complained about the pen,like the usual side line artists didn't get over animated when it was given either. Dundalk played with u-19's on the subs bench some of them hadn't even got a squad number.
    BUT yeah.FULL TIME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Interesting to see Ollie and Harps fans talking about Dundalk's superior fitness. Of course full time training makes a difference, but when you have played so many games in short succession with practically the same 11 then that should level the playing field. Even "part-time" players should be able to handle three games in a short period at this stage of the season, particularly if they can be rotated.
    So sorry Harps fans that's a poor excuse, I would seriously be wondering why your team was unable to beat an incredibly patched up, confidence sapped Dundalk last night. It has nothing to do with fitness, the Dundalk lads were all on their knees at full-time.

On a side note, since refs have been rightly given plenty of stick recently, I thought Ben Connolly was very good last night. Maybe my expectations are rock bottom though
    I thought the same, but still thought "huh, that's rare", which shouldn't be the case. Harps really didn't take their chances. Miyowa(sp?) was in all sorts of bother for the first 30 minutes and Harps tried but failed to make hay in that period. Fair play oto the young lad, he got better and better as the game went on though.For a while before Murray scored, nobody would have been surprised if Harps had gone 2-0 ahead. Then Murray scores, Cherrie makes a big double save early in the 2nd half, soft penalty concede, and momentum completely left them at that stage.
    Last edited by CorribsideSteve; 22/09/2021 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlay Harp View Post
    I’ll agree to disagree on the fitness.
    Half the Harps team had a days work done before the match yesterday.
    As for the ref he was Ok but I don’t think the penalty was a penalty. Little to no contact.
    Hard to say for sure without a camera angle from behind but going by the reaction of the Harps fans, heads in hands, before the ref blew for the peno I think it was expected. There wasnt too much protesting the decision. I dont think fitness was the issue for Harps, I think that Dundalk gained confidence from coming from behind, weathering the storm 1st half, and realised they werent being out fought by a physically bigger side. The centre half pairing worked better than expected and the keeper was looking solid enough, throw in a good sized vocal crowd that were behind the team and it all added up. Sloggett had a good game, Hoban made the out ball stick which was key, and there werent really any passengers. If I had a criticism of Harps it was that went from stretching us playing some lovely football 1st half but then got sucked in to a broken up scrappy game, Dundalk then played some nice stuff in ET. It was a bit back to basics with the patched up team and it worked - interesting that VP said they had no prep for the game with all the disruption - maybe there had been some overcoaching happening.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Hard to say for sure without a camera angle from behind but going by the reaction of the Harps fans, heads in hands, before the ref blew for the peno I think it was expected. There wasnt too much protesting the decision. I dont think fitness was the issue for Harps, I think that Dundalk gained confidence from coming from behind, weathering the storm 1st half, and realised they werent being out fought by a physically bigger side. The centre half pairing worked better than expected and the keeper was looking solid enough, throw in a good sized vocal crowd that were behind the team and it all added up. Sloggett had a good game, Hoban made the out ball stick which was key, and there werent really any passengers. If I had a criticism of Harps it was that went from stretching us playing some lovely football 1st half but then got sucked in to a broken up scrappy game, Dundalk then played some nice stuff in ET. It was a bit back to basics with the patched up team and it worked - interesting that VP said they had no prep for the game with all the disruption - maybe there had been some overcoaching happening.

I’d say that’s a fair summary of it,I’ve no idea if it was a penalty I don’t care either,we lost because we couldn’t score more than 1 goal against a left back and an 18 year old playing center half.

When I saw Dundalks team sheet my over riding thought was if we don’t beat them it’ll be a poor,poor result and in true Finn Harps fashion we found a way to lose,pretty dejected over the whole night tbh….

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    On the stream I thought it looked a penalty.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Animasahun at CB for Dundalk last night was just superb, his first ever start for the first team, 18 yo and local lad, great to see.

Just the 4 central defenders of Boyle, Cleary, Gartland and Nattestad all out, well 3 really, the latter is useless and makes as many mistakes as Abibi so thankfully both didn't play.

Amazing performance really given no recognised centre half's and 12 missing players, only kids on the bench too, hence subs used as late as possible, great atmosphere too, fans made their presence felt.

FH should have targeted the middle of our defence with high balls more, I also think they were a little complacent, it was a good chance to beat Dundalk, but we actually got stronger as the game went on, and during ET. Couldn't get over the size of some of the FH players, they were giants !

Be some achievement if we make 7th consecutive cup final, lost 3 of them mind, but two on pens and 1 in 119th min.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Animasahun at CB for Dundalk last night was just superb, his first ever start for the first team, 18 yo and local lad, great to see.

Just the 4 central defenders of Boyle, Cleary, Gartland and Nattestad all out, well 3 really, the latter is useless and makes as many mistakes as Abibi so thankfully both didn't play.

Amazing performance really given no recognised centre half's and 12 missing players, only kids on the bench too, hence subs used as late as possible, great atmosphere too, fans made their presence felt.

FH should have targeted the middle of our defence with high balls more, I also think they were a little complacent, it was a good chance to beat Dundalk, but we actually got stronger as the game went on, and during ET. Couldn't get over the size of some of the FH players, they were giants !

Be some achievement if we make 7th consecutive cup final, lost 3 of them mind, but two on pens and 1 in 119th min.
    Shush you are making us sound like Shamrock Rovers!!

22. Thanks From:

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast