Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    To be fair I was just asking that other lad how come bradsers minimum achievement was winning the league when his budget was less than dundalk. Fair question to put to someone talking crap. As someone else said let's see how next year gos
    If you compare any other team/manager's performance against Dundalk's car crash of a season it'll be better and that's nothing to boast about

Having said that, if that's the standard that SRFC fans are demanding spoofer Bradley has to pass then happy days. He's had 3 big games in Europe/cup the last few weeks and his tactics were embarrassing in them all as SRFC lost all 3 games with poor tactics/questionable team selection a feature of all 3 games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Happy, successful days indeed.
    Something boez can only dream of

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I should add if course, 2 cracking goals by bohs - both of which were worthy of winning a match.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Danny Mandroiu looks to be in a bit of trouble. Video going around of him chucking a stone at the Bohs crowd. Some pointed stuff was apprently being said about his girlfriend.

Anyways, surly thats a health ban for Mandroiu, you can't be chucking stones into a crowd of people. Reminded me a bit of Nice/Marsaille last weekend with Payet chucking a waterbottle back into the crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    In usual FAI fashion is the time, date, and location of the draw a best kept secret just in case the public may actually have any interest or excitement about it?

7. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    6:30 tomorrow on 2FM earlier in thread?

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Danny Mandroiu looks to be in a bit of trouble. Video going around of him chucking a stone at the Bohs crowd. Some pointed stuff was apprently being said about his girlfriend.

Anyways, surly thats a health ban for Mandroiu, you can't be chucking stones into a crowd of people. Reminded me a bit of Nice/Marsaille last weekend with Payet chucking a waterbottle back into the crowd.
    Plastic bottle or something, so what? Small section of the crowd slagging his girlfriend, not acceptable. It would be fair to say that DM not overburdened with grey matter, witness his daft interview on the morning of the Flora match. Doubt whether it will appear in Referees report, so no action likely. I think DM is going to be spending a lot of time on the bench anyway for the rest of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That's precisely what's happening again. 6:30pm on Tuesday evening on 2fm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    In usual FAI fashion is the time, date, and location of the draw a best kept secret just in case the public may actually have any interest or excitement about it?
    Poor Student skips through source material.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Can anyone really give Mandroiu stick for reacting? How many of us would put up with our partner receiving regular abuse from a certain group for 12months+?

It’s a disgrace the abuse his missus has received in the last 12 months +. I completely understand abuse is part and parcel of football but the buck stops with the player. I struggle to keep my mouth shut when at a game live. But the excuses from Bohs fans aren’t good enough, “It’s part of football” no it isn’t, it’s the type of **** you hear from immature ‘men’ who thinking they’re the bees knees and in a green street firm. The “He used to play for us” excuse doesn’t hold up either seeing as their were abusing the girl for several months prior to him signing for Rovers.

Personally think Bohs fans have overstepped the mark and have done so for a long time now. Wasn’t so long along and senior Bohs officials were calling out an unnamed fan for a flag made with abuse directed at Mandroiu’s missus. One of the same Bohs officials allegedly defended Bohs by going on to claim ‘Bohs has a ladies team’....

It’s at the stage now the abuse is not only embarrassing for Bohs, looking at social media is embarrassing for the league. Has people talking about the league for all the wrong reasons.

The worst thing for me is the same toerags are on social media acting all proud and dignitifed. The famous ‘people’s club’ that’s all about the community seem to be fairly quite on the issue... Really goes to show that these special sponsors on their away kits the last few years are all for show/Positive PR.
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 30/08/2021 at 12:37 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    The sectarian abuse thrown at Manus and the fact that a toe rag ran onto the pitch waving a stick at him at the end should have some consequences and again nothing from the peoples club. Thats not bitterness btw beaten fair and square its just not right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Can anyone really give Mandroiu stick for reacting? How many of us would put up with our partner receiving regular abuse from a certain group for 12months+?
    You can't go throwing stones at people though.

I do agree that fans get away with far too much (and then whine too quickly when a player gestures at them). But if he threw a stone into a crowd, that's a different matter.

In a way it's a pity the FAI's weekly fines aren't publicised as you'd be able to see some action against the relevant fans that way, even if it's not an ideal solution.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The sectarian abuse thrown at Manus and the fact that a toe rag ran onto the pitch waving a stick at him at the end should have some consequences and again nothing from the peoples club. Thats not bitterness btw beaten fair and square its just not right.
    Agree about someone running on the pitch and waving around a sign, a life ban in my opinion.
    Was unfortunately sitting close to some of our Neanderthals with the Mandriou's girlfriend chants, again they need to be called out and am sure are identifiable.
    I honestly didnt hear any of the sectarian crap that Manus was previously subjected to. Some song about a night club , which isnt worth giving these people publicity over.
    If any evidence of sectarian chanting I will be formally requesting an investigation by the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Agree about someone running on the pitch and waving around a sign, a life ban in my opinion.
    Was unfortunately sitting close to some of our Neanderthals with the Mandriou's girlfriend chants, again they need to be called out and am sure are identifiable.
    I honestly didnt hear any of the sectarian crap that Manus was previously subjected to. Some song about a night club , which isnt worth giving these people publicity over.
    If any evidence of sectarian chanting I will be formally requesting an investigation by the club.
    Fair play on the sectarian thing, appreciate that
    Last edited by sbgawa; 30/08/2021 at 1:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

I do agree that fans get away with far too much (and then whine too quickly when a player gestures at them). But if he threw a stone into a crowd, that's a different matter.

In a way it's a pity the FAI's weekly fines aren't publicised as you'd be able to see some action against the relevant fans that way, even if it's not an ideal solution.
    I’m not condoning what he did, I’m just not going to bash him as if he’s the bad guy. Bohs fans have been getting off the hook for quite some time now with some of the abuse his missus has been getting. Whatever about fans abusing the life out of a player during a match, it’s a different ball game when it’s family etc and it’s consistent. It’s really up to Bohs to try stamp it out but they know it’s happening but have no interest in dealing with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

UCD players are well known for this type of thing , look at that hooligan Kearns for instance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    I’m not condoning what he did, I’m just not going to bash him as if he’s the bad guy. Bohs fans have been getting off the hook for quite some time now with some of the abuse his missus has been getting. Whatever about fans abusing the life out of a player during a match, it’s a different ball game when it’s family etc and it’s consistent. It’s really up to Bohs to try stamp it out but they know it’s happening but have no interest in dealing with it.
    Yeah, it seems there's definitely fault on the Bohs side here for sure and I don't want to diminish that.

If he'd given them the finger coming off the pitch (like my mate Conor Kearns ) or told them to **** off, I wouldn't have had the remotest problem with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    https://twitter.com/Adam1999a/status...36903755333633

https://twitter.com/RyanFagan04/stat...30993586794501

Two videos of the incident. It is pretty low from the Bohs fans too. You would also hope they are reprimanded too. But again, you get just throw a stone into a crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Its such a shame that these sort of incidents have to be addressed after one of our LoI fixtures. Players have a higher level of responsibility to behave an a particular manner but they are human and sometimes their reaction is understandable if undesirable. The chances of Mandroiu actually managing to clobber the culpirt with returning the stone is slim and he should have known better - the best response ever was when Alaves took the bite out of a banana thrown at him, Martin Murray getting hit by a coin during a live RTE interview and he pocketed the coin with a 'Thanks, toll paind for me'. Not sure what Mandroiu could have done bar maybe keep the stone as use it as a reminder and to do his talking on the pitch.

I really thought the sectarian stuff had died out but you cant account for the odd w@nker. One of the most head shaking eperiences ive had in that regard was at ireland v Georgia and their No9 Booed and insulted for his apparent religon whenever he was on the ball, the people doing it thought it was Shota Avreladze, who's Roman Catholic and played for Glasgow Rangers. The were told to cop on by others in the crowd but they replied 'its only a bit of a laugh' but the real laugh was when in the second half when the sub announced coming on was Shota Avreladze and they had been boing the wrong player all game. Ironically they shut up then probably feeling a bit sheepish as everyone around them had a good laugh at their expense. You can probably guess what 'Irish' club jerseys they were wearing...

The tiniest shoots of this returning need to be stomped on and bans given out if at all possible. At minimum ye'd like to see a piece in the matchday programme/website and announcements on the subject to highlight how scummy it is and that there are serious repercussions for the culprits. It is good to see fans not trying to defend things as isolated or make excuses and those on the losing side showing some class too by accepting decent fans reaction against such sh1te.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

Two videos of the incident. It is pretty low from the Bohs fans too. You would also hope they are reprimanded too. But again, you get just throw a stone into a crowd.
    Its not miles off the Sarah Brennan chants, the Brennan brothers seemed to laugh it off and Ryan joined in once - doesnt make it nice or acceptable though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Thoroughly embarassing behaviour from that group of Bohs fans.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast