Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Fair play to Bohs. Felt like this would be their year for the cup and they caught us at the right time. Better side on the day even if it wasn't a vintage display by either team. We are a bit ragged at the minute and need to sort it out soon. Could see us dropping a few points in the league now.

Bohs are so strange. On their day they are the best side in the league for me but they don't seem to be able to do it every week. Maybe just a thinner squad? Or fitness issues due to having part timers?

Some of the posts on here about Bradley are hilarious mind you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post

Some of these posts on here about Bradley are hilarious mind you.
    Explain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Bradley is a decent young domestic manager still learning the trade. I'd previously have probably commented on squads of that quality managing themselves but watching Dundalk I dont think that works. Calling for Bradley's position to be considered is a real kneejerk overreaction but it could well come to pass that he hits the limit of what he can achieve especially in Europe but thats next summers embarrassment stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Manager sacked while 3 points clear going for second title in a row with two games in hand, don't think you'll get to many fish biting there
    Legitimate question. With the money Rovers are spending surely you expect more. The LOI is a weak league so if you think leading it with your budget is happy days then work away. I think progress in Europe is always the benchmark.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Bradley is a decent young domestic manager still learning the trade. I'd previously have probably commented on squads of that quality managing themselves but watching Dundalk I dont think that works. Calling for Bradley's position to be considered is a real kneejerk overreaction but it could well come to pass that he hits the limit of what he can achieve especially in Europe but thats next summers embarrassment stuff!
    That’s good for a mid table team, not Rovers.

Any good manager with that squad wouldn’t only be 3 points clear or lose like Rovers did to Flora. Bradley is the sort of a manager that will only achieve the bare minimum that Rovers are capable of achieving and no more and if there’s a surprise it won’t be that they will knock out a team like Slovan but it’s more likely they will go and lose to a minnow from some micro nation and that’s my problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Second highest budget in the league, money guarantees nothing. I would settle for winning the league every year BTW. .
    100%
    Big game up in harps next weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    The simple question needs to be is Bradley getting the best from what he has at his disposal? If the answer is no the he needs to go.
    If we win the league then the answer is yes - today was a once off
    - missing 3 defenders Hoare,Grace & Kavanagh plus Scales gone
    - knackered fromThursday and looked very ‘leggy’ and Bohs good look to them took advantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Is a date set for the draw ? Hopefully next time it will be given more respect than a sideshow on 2fm. I thought the last effort was shameful by the FAI & RTÉ.
    That's precisely what's happening again. 6:30pm on Tuesday evening on 2fm.

Do reds in the cup carry into the league?
    Carries into the league for the losing side. Automatic ban in next cup game for Georgie Kelly.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    That’s good for a mid table team, not Rovers.

Any good manager with that squad wouldn’t only be 3 points clear or lose like Rovers did to Flora. Bradley is the sort of a manager that will only achieve the bare minimum that Rovers are capable of achieving and no more and if there’s a surprise it won’t be that they will knock out a team like Slovan but it’s more likely they will go and lose to a minnow from some micro nation and that’s my problem.
    Rovers tried a number of ways to challenge again, the hot property young domestic and local talent in Kenny, wily old English chap (temporary position I know but if he'd made a big difference his stay may have been extended), young but pretty experenced coach though inexperienced manager in Crolly, the old Domestic warhorse in Fenlon, then the young respected ex player that will be given time in Bradley and they eventually won the league. Now we all know that was more to do with Dundalks and to a lesser extent Cork's demise but he is going to be a back to back league winner and recently with 2 cup finals under the belt. No need to change and sometimes ye have to appreciate whats in hand already. Europe is a long way off again so that conversation can be parked even if there may be question marks over Rovers tactical setup in Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Did they get two former residents of Grangegorman to do the commentary?
    Dumb & dumber, by the sounds of it.
    This game is 100% going to penalties.
    Chortle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Carries into the league for the losing side. Automatic ban in next cup game for Georgie Kelly.
    That's a pain in the arse losing Finn for next week.
    Hopefully a few of the others are back. Maybe Harps will be nice to us and concentrate on the cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The Bohs lads on commentary could do with toning it down a little bit in fairness. I get that the coverage comes from the club itself in that sense but from watching our away games on LOI TV the majority of other teams do a better job of at least offering a fleeting sense of impartial discussion.

Good result regardless, would have preferred that outcome at the start of the day. Could be a tricky one for Bohs next time out if they get a decent team while missing their only striker (as far as I'm aware anyway).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Rovers tried a number of ways to challenge again, the hot property young domestic and local talent in Kenny, wily old English chap (temporary position I know but if he'd made a big difference his stay may have been extended), young but pretty experenced coach though inexperienced manager in Crolly, the old Domestic warhorse in Fenlon, then the young respected ex player that will be given time in Bradley and they eventually won the league. Now we all know that was more to do with Dundalks and to a lesser extent Cork's demise but he is going to be a back to back league winner and recently with 2 cup finals under the belt. No need to change and sometimes ye have to appreciate whats in hand already. Europe is a long way off again so that conversation can be parked even if there may be question marks over Rovers tactical setup in Europe.
    The current one isn’t working either so change is necessary.

My dead grandpa could manage Rovers and they would still atleast contend to win the league, doing so shouldn’t be seen as some massive achievement, Europe should be and once again Bradley has been exposed and will do so again next season.

Did Bradley win those trophies because he’s a good manager or because of the squad he has at his disposal? Considering the money put into rovers and the signings made compare to the other teams in the league there seems to be a remarkably low bar for what is considered success.

How many years do Rovers need to be exposed in Europe before it’s obvious what the problem is?

Questionable…you mean just wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

For feck sake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

My dead grandpa could manage Rovers and they would still atleast contend to win the league, doing so shouldn’t be seen as some massive achievement, Europe should be and once again Bradley has been exposed and will do so again next season.

Did Bradley win those trophies because he’s a good manager or because of the squad he has at his disposal? Considering the money put into rovers and the signings made compare to the other teams in the league there seems to be a remarkably low bar for what is considered success.

How many years do Rovers need to be exposed in Europe before it’s obvious what the problem is?

You should get your dead granpa to manage Dundalk they have double the budget so should be even easier.
    Lol keep fishing. Or if your serious......oh dear

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    You should get your dead granpa to manage Dundalk they have double the budget so should be even easier.
    Lol keep fishing. Or if your serious......oh dear
    Look at the squad Rovers have…yet you think some of the performances this season, the 5-2 loss to Flora are good enough. All the results that have somehow left Rovers top of the league are just papering over cracks and eventually it will all empload and it will be too late to change things then.

You tell me what Bradley adds to the squad that makes him staying incharge a must?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts

Probably a bit extreme that one. In fairness to Bradley teams dont assemble and organise themselves he deserves credit for what he has achieved. The big question hanging over his head is if he can take the next step ie Group stage European football. That has to be the goal with the money involved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rovers has a tendency to draw out the extremists from the murky shadows they inhabit. Some, but not all of them give the impression that they'd sooner see Rovers lose than their own team win.
    There's no accounting for weirdos I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    I see Mandriou pulled a Carragher,I’m sure it’s not easy to just walk off but he better learn too….

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Probably a bit extreme that one. In fairness to Bradley teams dont assemble and organise themselves he deserves credit for what he has achieved. The big question hanging over his head is if he can take the next step ie Group stage European football. That has to be the goal with the money involved.
    He’s done the bare minimum expected of him, compare it to O’Donnell at St Pats…

That big question was well and truely answered against Flora Tallinn

Let’s also not forget how little he’s brought through the academy, compare that to Pats,Boh’s,Sligo. How with an academy like Rovers have do you have an average age of 30 in you’re starting 11, he just gives afew players token minutes off the bench and that’s the best they can hope for, Emakhu got abit more than expected but that appears to be an exception to the rule, add all the ingredients and this is looking to be nothing but a spectacular failure in the long run but Rovers fans appear happy with that just as Leinster Int as they keep papering over cracks.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast