Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pre-Season 2021-22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yeah, I agree I wouldn't be particularly expecting Kelly or Talbot to shake things up particularly. But beggars can't be choosers at this stage.

If we're bringing on Kelly to chase a 3-0 deficit in Lisbon while Ronaldo is still hardly breaking a sweat at the other end chasing his record, then we're definitely in trouble!
    Kingers and I are in full agreement on the merits of Kelly (though i wouldnt be quite so harsh regarding his hold up play - he has gotten a lot better as the season has gone on in that regard) but you raise an interesting comment. Playing Kelly would be in the realm of a Crowe/Sammon (one for each of us there LOL) type cap. Not good enough but if desperate wouldn't be the worst thing to consider. Not sure we are desperate yet.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Your a patriot, but a crazy one! Pukki is a far better player
    On today’s showing I’m not so sure. I know it was against Liverpool but Pukki was dreadful, spent the game in Van Dijk’s pocket. When Idah came on, he linked up pretty well. Long season ahead...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    I agree that Idah impressed during his fairly brief cameo. He has learned how to use his body and got the better of VVD a couple of times and his decision making was better. Less naivety with the ball and linked up well with midfielders. Could have had a goal too in a goalmouth scramble, just couldn’t get a decent connection..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Had a quick look for an update on John Patrick (Finn) there. Not listed as part of Getafe's senior squad, or their B squad, but listed as part of the main youth team. It appears to be a 'current' profile too.
    Hadn't heard a mention of him during pre-season, and he wasn't part of their squad on friday against Valencia.
    Interesting to see how he gets on this year.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Had a quick look for an update on John Patrick (Finn) there. Not listed as part of Getafe's senior squad, or their B squad, but listed as part of the main youth team. It appears to be a 'current' profile too.
    Hadn't heard a mention of him during pre-season, and he wasn't part of their squad on friday against Valencia.
    Interesting to see how he gets on this year.
    It's been great to see him and gilsenan get to this stage of having professional deals given the hype about them when they were 7 or 8 at Barca and madrid. Obviously still might never make it but I imagine they have already out performed the vast majority of their for.er 8 year old team mates in Barca and madrid

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567