Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irish Abroad 2021/22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    In the penultimate podcast episode of 2021, I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick to discuss Ireland's UEFA Nation's League group draw and the fixtures for 2022, as well as Stephen Kenny's contract
    acast: https://shows.acast.com/irish-footba...de-36-group-b1
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5dF...6550f131c048da
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Will Keane's tenth goal of the season, Anthony Forde's first assist of the season, Jeff Hendrick's first appearance since Saturday, 2nd October, and more in the weekend round up: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...48442408939204
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    In the final podcast of the year I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick and Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football to review the lows and highs of Irish international football in 2021, including the worst home result of our lifetimes, the worst moment of Stephen Kenny's reign, and how, in the final seven games of the year, the manager has gotten the team to play the football he wants them to play, and we want to see.
    acast.com: https://shows.acast.com/irish-footba...ar-in-football
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/30V...QWOZpq1tN0eHSQ

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Prompted by the discussions on other threads about the MNT young forwards, and when I should have been doing something else, I looked at the Transfermarkt.com data on goal-scorers under 21 years of age in the 2020/21 season in the PL, Championship and League One.

Premier League: 21 scorers u-21, including P Foden (9), M Greenwood (7), P Neto (5) and B Saka (5)
    A Connolly (2)

Championship: 34 scorers u-21, including J Pedro (9), D Dike (9), T Campbell (6), H Elliott (6), M Olise (6)
    N Collins (2), J Knight (2)

League One: 50 scorers u-21, including L Jephcott (13), K Lewis-Potter (13), B Johnson (10), T Richards (10)
    R Cassidy (2), Troy Parrott (2), C Grant (1), M McGuinness (1)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Are you missing Adam Idah from that list? 3 goals in the Championship last season.

No-one really jumps out though from that list, do they? Albeit that there's a difference between, say, an 18-year-old and a 21-year-old which that listing doesn't really show.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 31/12/2021 at 2:38 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Are you missing Adam Idah from that list? 3 goals in the Championship last season.

No-one really jumps out though from that list, do they? Albeit that there's a difference between, say, an 18-tear-old and a 21-year-old which that listing doesn't really show.

You are quite correct on both points. I knew there was someone missing....

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    After 11 years of live updates on twitter, facebook, and the live blog, it looks like it's all going to end this week. The free service I had been using to power them is shutting down on Thursday, and, unless a replacement can be found, all three will grind to a halt. There's a few other paid services online that offer the same updates, but since the Irish Abroad site itself has no ads, and generates no income, I can't afford to pay for any of these.
    I'm open to suggestions on how to keep things going, but otherwise it's all going to go really quiet from Friday.

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    It would be a shame to see it go. Would you consider using some advertising to pay for it? I'm sure people wouldn't mind a few ads here and there? I've no idea of the potential costs involved, or how much a few google ads could generate though. Would some of the Irish sports websites be interested in taking it on board?

Tallaght Stadium Regular

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Kilkenny man Ciaran Brennan (21, Sheffield Wed) has been given a two-year contract extension. He was on loan at National League Notts County earlier this season, and has impressed since his return to the Owls, stepping in to cover injuries in the Wednesday defence.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Peter Kioso (22, Swords lad) has been recalled from MK Dons to parent club Luton after 18 appearances, 4 goals and 3 assists for the League One club. MK Dons were sorry to see him go, and Luton boss Nathan Jones is undecided about Kioso's long term future at the Hatters, but they have several injured defenders at the moment. (MK Citizen, 18 Jan).

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    After 11 years of live updates on twitter, facebook, and the live blog, it looks like it's all going to end this week. The free service I had been using to power them is shutting down on Thursday, and, unless a replacement can be found, all three will grind to a halt. There's a few other paid services online that offer the same updates, but since the Irish Abroad site itself has no ads, and generates no income, I can't afford to pay for any of these.
    I'm open to suggestions on how to keep things going, but otherwise it's all going to go really quiet from Friday.
    Update on this, the supplier is going to keep going for one more week, but I don't know for how long more after that - they're pretty unrepsonsive at the best of times - so I've been investigating alternatives
    Some suggestions include a patreon or gofundme to pay for a subscription to one of alternative sites that offer the same service, e.g. api-football or footystats.
    I've never used patreon or gofundme before, so I have to find out if it counts as income - has anyone here used them before for fund raising?

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Update on the live blog and player updates.
    Finally managed to get a response from our data supplier and things will continue as normal until the end of the 2021/22 season. After that, I honestly have no idea what will happen.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 26/01/2022 at 11:42 AM.

19. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Re Ciaran Brennan, Owls signed two central defenders so he went back to the bench but one got immediately injured so possibility he may get his chance again. Neat and tidy player but his introduction to the first team coincided with the team having a bad run primarily due to injuries. I have some hope for him as he looks a good footballer.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    In the first podcast episode of 2022, I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick and Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit Of Football to discuss Irish player transfers and loans in the January 2022 Transfer Window, and the two friendlies announced for the end of March
    https://shows.acast.com/irish-footba...ransfer-window
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/6gb...6c5f3481c64097

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Repeat XIs - what Ireland starting XI has been selected more than any other?
    http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...79817017587555

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Repeat XIs - what Ireland starting XI has been selected more than any other?
    http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...79817017587555
    I don’t like to be too hard on the midfielders but if that team had say two higher quality midfielders it would have been a pretty decent side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Steven Reid was a massive loss to the team

28. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Steven Reid was a massive loss to the team
    Injury robbed him of a much higher level of football. And Us as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    In the latest podcast episode, myself, Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick and Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football discuss the debuts given by each Ireland manager since Brian Kerr - the successes, the failures, and the future legends of the game
    Acast: https://shows.acast.com/irish-footba...-player-debuts
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/15D...037899cef44499

Full list of player debuts available here: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...49253370574283
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 01/03/2022 at 3:33 PM.

31. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Something a little different, I've created a repo on github for the FAIreland men's senior side, with all players, managers, levels, opposition countries, and games in JSON files
    https://github.com/irishabroad/international-data

countries.json - definitions of opposition countries
    levels.json - the level each game is played at
    managers.json - each manager, and the start and end dates for their reigns
    players.json - player definitions
    games.json - each game played by the senior men's team, with the rankings of both sides, the level of the game, the starting XI, substitutes, bookings, goals, and sendings off, and an incomplete list of assists
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 24/03/2022 at 4:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast