Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 18th/21st June

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Decent show from Dundalk tonight with lots of players stepping up on their previous performances. Derry did comeback in 2nd half(2 good subs from RH at ht) but our defence held firm and were able to hold them at arms length. Decent match.(edit - Toal looks a right good player for Derry,very impressive)
    Great to see Shields got the send off he deserved as well.

Lets not talk about that Longford goal v Harps! Horrendous reffing from Ben Connolly once again!
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 26/06/2021 at 2:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    My first game back in tallaght since that great night against dundalk in March 2020, and the difference between that Rovers team and this is like night and day. Horribly unbalanced, slow, ponderous rubbish. Greener playing left wingback, Burke slowing every move down to walking pace, Gannon shouldn't be anywhere need that team, and we don't have a single credible striker to call on.
    No subs from Bradley tonight so clearly Watts was not fit- why have him on the bench?
    Thankfully there isn't even a remotely decent team in the league this year so I guess if Rovers go on to win the worst standard of league in living memory I'll take it at this stage. A shedload of changes needed for next season tho.
    All the more frustrating for Dundalk, if we were a bit less sh1t we'd be in the mix. Reeling in 9pts is not unheard of though. We were definitely a lot improved on the Longford game and if that level of improvement continues Europe is certainly possible, have some influence on the titles destination and another cup run could save the season. Keep this level up and we could find ourselves pushing in to the business end of the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Another pretty horrible night at the office for Harps. Can only blame so much on the injury problems, we're the masters of our own downfall too. If you don't take your chances, you don't deserve to win and it was yet another game where missed chances cost us.

We're not playing good football at the minute, we're incredibly frustrating, and the players look shot of confidence. On the plus side, it's great to see Johnny Dunleavy in flying form again. Man of the match by a mile last night. Tunde Owolabi starting to find his shooting boots as well, which is a bonus. Apart from that, little positives to take from the game.

With respect to them, low budgets and all, Longford are as poor a side as I've seen in the Premier Division in a long while. They're well organised, and Doyle doing a fine job there, but it's hard to see them staying up this year.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Can only blame so much on the injury problems, we're the masters of our own downfall too. If you don't take your chances, you don't deserve to win and it was yet another game where missed chances cost us.
    We're playing good football at the minute, we're incredibly frustrating, and the players look shot of confidence. On the plus side, With respect to them, low budgets and all, Longford are as good a side as I've seen in the Premier Division in a long while. They're well organised, and Doyle doing a fine job there, but it's hard to see us staying up this year.
    Ollie's version...

6. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    We finished fourth in the First Division last year and haven't really strengthened dramatically. I wasn't optimistic before the season started but the odd win would be nice.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Drogs missed chance of the game in the last minute.

I'd argue that the dubious honour of missed chance of the game goes to Mr. Rory Gaffeney...again. He could've picked a limb to swing at the ball he got or even taken it down after the Drogs defender fell over. How he got under it I don't know.

We actually looked good in the first half with a proper central midfielder on the field for the first time in weeks. Finn lost steam in the second half though and the rest followed. It's not our only issue but it's been the most obvious and perhaps easiest to fix. We needed to replace McEneff's mobility and box to box running with either another like-for-like player or a combination of players and we've failed to do that, partly due to injuries but also due to poor signings i.e. McCann. How I wish we'd taken Coote and Wilson instead of McCann and Gannon. Towell and Watts may be the answer if they stay fit and if we can solve that issue I think others will come together but even then, it will go down to the wire. If we can't solve that I'd say we will slip a few places and it's up for grabs for any of the others. My money would be on Bohs unfortunately.

At least we have plenty of time to sort things out before Europe.........oh ****.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 26/06/2021 at 6:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts
    Superb game of football in The Showgrounds

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    So unless Sligo beat Bohs by 5 goals tomorrow night Pats have clinched the 18 game title tonight
    They're giving it a go anyway!

One goal away from the top three split by goals scored at the half way stage

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    They're giving it a go anyway!

One goal away from the top three split by goals scored at the half way stage
    Well and truly hammered by Sligo, reckon they have their poor form behind them and will be there or thereabouts at top of league at end of season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts
    Bohs had plenty of chances also. It was an absolutely brilliant game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    My money would be on Bohs unfortunately.

My team talk for Sligo clearly worked.

Begrudgingly happy for young Kenny. He hasn't been around long enough for me to detest him yet so it's nice to see a young lad make his mark. Might not be saying that if it wasn't against Bohs mind you.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Drogs beat Sligo - Bohs hammer Drogs - Sligo hammer Bohs ........ go figure
    Drogheda United in this together

15. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Bit of a horror show by Bohs, after a spirited win against rivals Rovers at Dalymount the other night. Sligo were just ruthless tonight. Bohs still very much in at least european cup places but in need to nick a couple away wins on top of a decent home form.

Waterford battled hard against Pats and it looks like there is a bit of spark to survive in the top division after an ownership shuffle. Longford in trouble now while Dundalk look like being back - even making the Conference League spot with a late push. Go to games if possible lads, this is an interesting league many people dont appreciate for some reason. Hope Shels keep their ground its a nice place for a game of football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Drogs beat Sligo - Bohs hammer Drogs - Sligo hammer Bohs ........ go figure
    Worst standard season ever might actually be true this season. Im not even ruling out Dundalk....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    When your most influential player decides to leave mid season, I'd rule out dundalk if I was you.

Sligo are the best team Rovers have faced this season, and will be running Rovers close for the league title.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Tongue firmly in cheek PC, But with Rovers desperate enough to sign up an OTR who knows how the league will finish up - Id rule out nothing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    We have been threatening to play well all year and it finally happened last night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    When your most influential player decides to leave mid season, I'd rule out dundalk if I was you.

Sligo are the best team Rovers have faced this season, and will be running Rovers close for the league title.
    Agrreed , Sligo are the best team Bohs have played , by some distance.We'll see what Towell brings to Rovers but good enough anyway for top two..Pat's hanging in there though.One of the current top three will win the cup.
    Between Bohs Dundalk and Derry for fourth.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    My team talk for Sligo clearly worked.

Begrudgingly happy for young Kenny. He hasn't been around long enough for me to detest him yet so it's nice to see a young lad make his mark. Might not be saying that if it wasn't against Bohs mind you.
    Yeah, a feeling of dread and despair washed over me when you tipped Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Agrreed , Sligo are the best team Bohs have played , by some distance.We'll see what Towell brings to Rovers but good enough anyway for top two..Pat's hanging in there though.One of the current top three will win the cup.
    Between Bohs Dundalk and Derry for fourth.
    I be dancing up emmet road if we won the cup and finished third or fourth. It’s been an turbulent couple of seasons and SOD & Mathews seems to have us back on the right road.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 27/06/2021 at 10:50 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast