Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 139

Thread: Games weekend 18th/21st June

  1. #41
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    868
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Same again from Rovers enough chances to easily win , Bohs took the one they created aided by poor defending surprisingly by Lopes and title race well and truly on

  2. #42
    Reserves Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    358
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    95
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Good to see Georgie Kelly doing his best work yet for us and helping us deservedly reach the top of the league.

    The break did us the world of good. We'd gone flat before it and have come back on fire. Brilliant again tonight, Harps started well and Foley's finish was a good one but outside of that they were outclassed.

    I'll be gutted to lose Alfie Lewis. Completely biased but I'd be stunned if there were a better player in the league at the moment.

  3. #43
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    534
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    574
    Thanked in
    331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Anyone know who decides how many fans are allowed at a game, looking at Bohs-Rovers, Bohs could easily accommodate 400-500 safely, no use to Rovers but 100 is ridiculous.
    Capacity based. Under 5k itís 100. Over is 200 unless you get it classed as a test event which all of yere games have been.

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #44
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    135
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    586
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    How did we not take one of those chances,??
    Need to start showing a bit more form.
    Given how we've been playing the last month or so it's a miracle we are joint top.
    I suppose we can only get better

  6. #45
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    How did we not take one of those chances,??
    Need to start showing a bit more form.
    Given how we've been playing the last month or so it's a miracle we are joint top.
    I suppose we can only get better

    You're not joint top.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #46
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    135
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    586
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Alphabetical or goals scored?

  9. #47
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Iím sure you know how placings are decided. You may well hammer Drogs on Friday and go back on top but for now youíre 2nd.

  10. #48
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    535
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    841
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Alfie Lewis is better than the midfielders you have.

  11. #49
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,961
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    334
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Same again from Rovers enough chances to easily win , Bohs took the one they created aided by poor defending surprisingly by Lopes and title race well and truly on
    Created a few chances but deserved to lose.
    Some nasty physical stuff from Rovers, how Scales stayed on the pitch after pushing Coote on the chest/ neck as he lay injured on the ground, only Neil Doyle knows.

    Anyway... game on.

  12. #50
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Created a few chances but deserved to lose.
    Some nasty physical stuff from Rovers, how Scales stayed on the pitch after pushing Coote on the chest/ neck as he lay injured on the ground, only Neil Doyle knows.

    Anyway... game on.
    Bohs started off very shaky at the back, giving the ball away in their own half , but once they settled down SRFC offered nothing apart from a few long range shots. Georgie Kelly took his goal brilliantly and for once Bohs didn't concede in injury time this season

    Graham Burke has an attitude problem. First he's looking to have a go at Brian Kerr in the stands and now he's trying to fight Bohs fans in the stands. No wonder he couldn't hack playing/living in the UK. What a waste of ability. He should be an a regular in that Irish team now.

  13. #51
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    165
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Delighted to hear Burkey wasn't taking any crap from the vermin in the stand. He's 100% Rovers.
    On the game itself, it was a tale of 2 strikers - Gaffney had 4 chances in the first 20 mins and missed, Kelly had 1 good chance and took it well.
    Hopefully Towell coming in will give us a cutting edge up front as it's badly needed if we want to remain Champions of Ireland.

  14. #52
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There is a lot riding on Towell hitting the ground running. Continue the current form and Europe might not be nailed on.
    Re. The chances you had, there were some, but maybe the luck that helped earlier in the season has swung the other way.

  15. #53
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    165
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree with any of that summation bohstastic, although given the lack of quality in the league I'd expect Rovers to comfortably qualify for Europe next season.
    Swings and roundabouts with luck I guess, same as any other team

  16. #54
    Apprentice Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    44
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Alan Cawley was spot on when he said Rovers have regressed badly from last season. Bohs were very comfortable once we took the lead, Rovers had one chance I think and spent the rest of the time doing snidey fouls and pumping long balls into the sky.

    Two clean sheets in a row against teams above us is encouraging and if we can sort out our defending and stop gifting goals we can make a move up the table.

    Hard to believe we are only 7 points behind after the dismal start we've had.

  17. #55
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,961
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    334
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree with any of that summation bohstastic, although given the lack of quality in the league I'd expect Rovers to comfortably qualify for Europe next season.
    Swings and roundabouts with luck I guess, same as any other team
    Rovers will be first or second, no question.


    I seem to remember you predicting 20 goals for Georgie Kelly before the season started.
    He could easily reach 20 with the way he is putting them away

  18. #56
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,623
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,825
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,479
    Thanked in
    2,031 Posts
    Harps were abysmal again last night. Down a hell of a lot of bodies though. Folan, Webster, Dunleavy, O'Sullivan, Russell, Connolly and Timlin all missing. Connolly and Dunleavy sat on the bench but neither were going to play. Ended up with a lot of square pegs in round holes, had three academy players come on for their debuts, and Ryan Rainey making his first start for the club in midfield. None of that ideal against Pats.

    Lot of individual errors again and poor defending for the goals. Never really looked at the races.

    Rob Harvey is a joke of a referee. Denied a stonewall penalty and Conor Barry had a foul against him for getting his nose bust open. Go figure.

    To make matters worse, Mark Coyle is due a suspension for Longford on Friday night. So down another player again.

    We really need to get some bodies in this window.

  19. #57
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    135
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    586
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Delighted to hear Burkey wasn't taking any crap from the vermin in the stand. He's 100% Rovers.
    On the game itself, it was a tale of 2 strikers - Gaffney had 4 chances in the first 20 mins and missed, Kelly had 1 good chance and took it well.
    Hopefully Towell coming in will give us a cutting edge up front as it's badly needed if we want to remain Champions of Ireland.
    Getting Watts and a fully fit Finn as well as Towell will make a big difference to us but with the lack of a lead in the league i wonder is a European run going to be a good or a bad thing this year.
    If Rovers win against Slovan we will have 6 more mid week games and with the way we are struggling now that could cost us the league.
    If i was offered go out after 2 rounds in europe (the minimum with parachute) but win the league id take it and run.
    Gaffney should have taken 1 of his chances early and it would have been a different game but hey ho on to next week and hopefully pick up 3 points against Drogs

  20. #58
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    109
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Anyone know who decides how many fans are allowed at a game, looking at Bohs-Rovers, Bohs could easily accommodate 400-500 safely, no use to Rovers but 100 is ridiculous.
    The government guidelines. If a ground has a capacity of over 5000, 200 fans are allowed in, if itís capacity is less than 5000 then 100 are allowed. I believe thatís due to raise to 500 and 200 fans respectively in July and then another increase is due in August but thereís no word yet on how many fans that may be (fingers crossed itís 1000 at the very least)

  21. #59
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,446
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    140
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    237
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    I'm really impressed with what I've seen from us since the break. There is a great work ethic in the group and I think SOD has done brilliant with team. I'm hopeful now that we can defiantly secure European football for next season.

  22. #60
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    165
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Getting Watts and a fully fit Finn as well as Towell will make a big difference to us but with the lack of a lead in the league i wonder is a European run going to be a good or a bad thing this year.
    If Rovers win against Slovan we will have 6 more mid week games and with the way we are struggling now that could cost us the league.
    If i was offered go out after 2 rounds in europe (the minimum with parachute) but win the league id take it and run.
    That's what I expect to happen anyway.
    New season signings sucees is 50/50 in my view - Hoare & Danny have been brilliant, but both Gannon and particularly McCann look finished as footballers at the top LOI level.
    League Specialists.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 21/06/2021, 6:13 PM
  2. Games Weekend June 11th/12th
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 14/06/2021, 12:36 PM
  3. Games Weekend 21st to 24th May
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 25/05/2021, 3:37 PM
  4. Games Weekend 18th September
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 22/09/2020, 5:48 PM
  5. Weekend Games: 08th/09th/10th June
    By HarpoJoyce in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 13/06/2018, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •