Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games Weekend June 11th/12th

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Drogheda were superb in Sligo. Top class goals by Chris Lyons. Proves that defeat by Derry (goalkeeping errors and horrendous referee) was just a blip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Drogheda were superb in Sligo. Top class goals by Chris Lyons. Proves that defeat by Derry (goalkeeping errors and horrendous referee) was just a blip.
    Clancy doing a fantastic job and is to be commended. They should be in hunt for at least fourth if they can maintain their good form.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 13/06/2021 at 1:04 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Just after seeing the penalty Dundalk we’re given for their goal, it’s a horrendous piece of refereeing. Evans had a hold of Midtskogen's shirt but wasn’t pulling out of him enough to cause him to him the deck (not saying he dived btw, he just fell over while taking a terrible shot at goal). Regardless of whether it should have been a foul or not, the foul started about 4/5 yards outside the box and continued into it so if the ref wanted to give a foul it’s a free kick well outside the box rather than a peno.

I also watched back the penalty Longford were awarded against Pats as I thought it looked soft on first viewing. Rob Manley overstretched trying to shoot and ended up falling over the ball, it was never a foul

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Just after seeing the penalty Dundalk we’re given for their goal, it’s a horrendous piece of refereeing. Evans had a hold of Midtskogen's shirt but wasn’t pulling out of him enough to cause him to him the deck (not saying he dived btw, he just fell over while taking a terrible shot at goal). Regardless of whether it should have been a foul or not, the foul started about 4/5 yards outside the box and continued into it so if the ref wanted to give a foul it’s a free kick well outside the box rather than a peno.

I also watched back the penalty Longford were awarded against Pats as I thought it looked soft on first viewing. Rob Manley overstretched trying to shoot and ended up falling over the ball, it was never a foul
    Whatever about the merits of it being a foul or not, if the referee decides it’s a foul and it starts outside the box but continues into the box then it’s a penalty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    I do enjoy the old Foot.ie classics, in this case the near, beside, in the box or shadows even. I dont think occurrences of head scratching refereeing decisions are ever really in dispute as they go with and against sides pretty equally. This penalty didnt decide a result so is just an example of never being sure how exactly any ref is coming to their decisions. Holding a jersey is a foul but more often than not given, in this case the foul became evident probably when a chance on goal seem affected by the 'tussle'. But it is a bit of a lottery in LoI.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123