Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Farren delighted with return to form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Farren delighted with return to form

Derry City striker Mark Farren was delighted with his match-winning brace against Drogheda United in last weekend’s Premier Division clash at the Brandywell, a double which effectively lifted him to the top of the eircom League scorers’ charts.

The Donegal man took his tally for the season to six with his pair in the 3-0 win over the Drogs.

And although Kevin Doyle has scored seven for Cork City, that player has since completed a move to English side Reading, leaving Farren and Shamrock Rovers’ Derry native Pat McCourt as the top marksmen in the country.

Farren told this week’s Derry Journal: “Naturally I’m glad to have scored again as I haven’t done so in a few weeks but for us to win this match was a very satisfying result for us.

"Gary [Beckett] set the first goal up for me having squared the ball when their keeper raced out. He could probably have had a shot himself, but he set me up and I was delighted to find the net.

“I think we’ve formed a good partnership up front and tonight I enjoyed the benefits of that with two goals. For the second I didn’t know if I was onside or offside so I just hit it and hoped for the best. Eddie played a great ball in and I’m thankful I got it over the keeper and into the net.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier...p?newsid=17724
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Farren

He is having an excellent season at the Brandywell and he will be facing some though competition from the legendary Alan Murphy for Derrys top scorer!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There won't be any opposition from Alan unfortunately, Alan plays in midfield for Derry this season and has done super since playing their, i'd say hes really enjoying his football again after last year and glad to see it aswell!