Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games Weekend 28th/29th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Longford wasted so much time they ended up screwing themselves.
    Rovers dominated start to finish, great to get the win and hopefully get a few players back in two weeks time,
    I'll be at the Harps game as a member

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Watched the game on my phone whilst queuing up in the Aviva to get my vaccine. Nurse in the station thought I was stressed about the jab until I told her it was because of the game. All those sitting in the chill out area for 15 mins witnessed me jump and shout "YES" when we scored.
    As already alluded to, we are crawling across the mid season break line - slow, ponderous, inept up front, Burke ruining the flow of the team and Grace always looking likely to gift a chance to the opposition.
    Longford are adrift near the bottom and should already be preparing for the play off as Waterford look doomed to relegation even now.
    Can't wait for the Harps game!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Longford and Waterford are gone at this stage. Presumably Rovers will improve when Towell comes in and J O'Brien gets back, but Sligo should have enough about them to maintain their lead and win the league.
    Bohs, Derry and Dundalk will also kick on and I suspect that Drogs and Harps will fade away.Pats may have enough of a lead to hang on to third, but I doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Watched the game on my phone whilst queuing up in the Aviva to get my vaccine. Nurse in the station thought I was stressed about the jab until I told her it was because of the game. All those sitting in the chill out area for 15 mins witnessed me jump and shout "YES" when we scored.
    As already alluded to, we are crawling across the mid season break line - slow, ponderous, inept up front, Burke ruining the flow of the team and Grace always looking likely to gift a chance to the opposition.
    Longford are adrift near the bottom and should already be preparing for the play off as Waterford look doomed to relegation even now.
    Can't wait for the Harps game!
    Good news on the vaccine

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It's way too early for any lead to be enough. If any team (from Derry in 8th) were to put a proper run together they could challenge for the league, never mind Europe. Shamrock Rovers look unconvincing ATM- and there will be a lot riding on Towell. Sligo have been performing well, but their squad might not cover injuries/suspensions. Pats also unconvincing.
    All to play for.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dalymountrower;2077890]
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Surprising win for us last night but also a well deserved one. A few of our better paid players stepped up and put in a bit of a shift(for once)
    Shout-out to Dave McMillan on his 100th League goal. Also to young Adedekoun,getting better with every game.
    Nice response from us to Monday's desperate performance against Bohs

Not surprised that Dundalk raised their game last night and that they beat a Pat's side that has relied on lucky breaks and dodgy refereeing to get results in their previous two games.

That's actually very funny. The dodgy refereeing in the Bohs game all favoured you and you still got beat.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Longford and Waterford are gone at this stage. Presumably Rovers will improve when Towell comes in and J O'Brien gets back, but Sligo should have enough about them to maintain their lead and win the league.
    Bohs, Derry and Dundalk will also kick on and I suspect that Drogs and Harps will fade away.Pats may have enough of a lead to hang on to third, but I doubt it.
    Wouldn't be so sure on Sligo. They are on a good run of grinding out results but that could easily change. It wasn't long ago that they dropped 7 points across 3 games v Derry, Drogheda and Pats. The do look very solid at the back though so they could definitely keep the run going. Bohs are probably the best side we've played though and I'd expect them to take points from everyone now. It will be close until the end.

The break may change a lot of things. Rovers do need Towell to perform but more importantly we need Watts, Greene, Burke and Finn back to full fitness. We are completely out of shape and unbalanced at the moment. I'm not sure we will see much of Joey again sadly. The body seems to be telling him something. Same with Kavanagh and Farrugia. A shame as all 3 are important. End of last year I was thinking this squad would only need minor adjustments for a year or so but losing McEneff and Jack plus having those three now looking crocked puts us in a different situation.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Good news on the vaccine
    Cheers NNN, yeah if Rovers keep playing like they are currently ill need a sedative instead of a vaccination!
    Sligo probably not wanting the break now as they're going so well - would there be money there to recruit in the summer, to bolster their title chances?
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Would have thought there would be. Actually made money last season and that’s before the European money is taken into account. Debt free for the first time in a good while (just as we go looking for a 17m stadium). Actually a pity the grounds are closed as we’d be getting 1k at least more then we would have budgeted for I’d say

Defence and centre midfield we’ve good cover but could do with something else attacking wise as it’s bare enough there. Buckley was hoping to get someone else in before the start of the season so I would have thought he’s still on the look out for another player there. Kenny and Byrne have played a lot more then anyone could have envisaged. Done great all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Good news on the vaccine
    Or not......

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I am gutted and heartbroken. We were so close to getting the point that we richly deserved. I thought we were superb but yet again we couldnt hold out till the end. Quick question why was there so many minutes of added time though? Story of our season. If we can stay above Waterford at season end I would gladly take my chances.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I am gutted and heartbroken. We were so close to getting the point that we richly deserved. I thought we were superb but yet again we couldnt hold out till the end. Quick question why was there so many minutes of added time though? Story of our season. If we can stay above Waterford at season end I would gladly take my chances.
    Time wasting was the verdict on the ould Twitter,actually watched the match myself and it was there but no way was it 5mins. Steacey was brilliant,felt sorry most for him at the end.

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    So that's what it's like to win a match. Huh. I much prefer this to the other games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The best Waterford can hope for is 2nd bottom and play off. Fran Rockett was on the radio yesterday and reckons we need about 6 signings but where do you get good quality players and then persuade them to join the bottom team? We are paying the price now for letting our best players go at end of each season. Matt Smith, Tyreke Wilson, Ali Coote, Walter Figueira and Rory Feely all doing well for rivals now. The players brought in are not good enough and there are still a few of them out awaiting clearance after Covid.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    The best Waterford can hope for is 2nd bottom and play off. Fran Rockett was on the radio yesterday and reckons we need about 6 signings but where do you get good quality players and then persuade them to join the bottom team? We are paying the price now for letting our best players go at end of each season. Matt Smith, Tyreke Wilson, Ali Coote, Walter Figueira and Rory Feely all doing well for rivals now. The players brought in are not good enough and there are still a few of them out awaiting clearance after Covid.
    Not sure you could say you "let your best players go" when they signed for title contenders? I think Waterford's main issue is you've had good players but they're going to look at less dysfunctional clubs and say yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Surprising win for us last night but also a well deserved one. A few of our better paid players stepped up and put in a bit of a shift(for once)
    Shout-out to Dave McMillan on his 100th League goal. Also to young Adedekoun,getting better with every game.
    Nice response from us to Monday's desperate performance against Bohs.

Rumour number 6 in my series called next Dundalk manager rumours - Return of Vinny Perth as manager. -Won't be happening.
    Strong feeling in Dundalk that Magilton will be remaining in the manager hot seat position for the rest of the season.

As expected .

https://twitter.com/jamesrogersie/st...55609184653315

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123