Athlone v Cobh
    Wexford v Bray
    Cabinteely v Treaty
    Shels v UCD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Two wins for Rovers combined with a couple of difficult games for Pats and we could see a decent gap emerge but Rovers seem to have a big injury problem heading into a double match weekend. Only Gannon on the bench as a senior Pro plus a bunch of Kids against Derry.
    With Watts out with a Hamstring (looked like anyway) and Hoare now suspended the team against Dundalk might be thin enough.

Harps v Drogs stands out as a chance for one of them to push right into the top 3 party especially with both of them having winnable games on the monday against Longford and Waterford.
    Bohs Dundalk is a tasty one on Monday with both needing points.
    Clash of the top two Shels v UCD in the first division gives Shels a chance to stamp their authority on division and UCD a chance to show they have title ambitions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Watts,O’Brien,Kavanagh,Greene,McCann, Farrugia all currently injured and Hoare suspended - very difficult to see anything but a Dundalk win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Cleary, Dummigan, Gartland, Kelly, McMillan, Hoban all injured and playing like relegation candidates - very difficult to see anything but a Rovers win

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Ooh, a game of injury crisis!

Healy, Kerrigan, Keaney, Osam, McEvoy, Gallagher - 5 of our opening day line-up all missed the Cork game (plus Osam, who's a right chip off the old block unfortunately)

Very difficult to see see yadda yadda Shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Cleary, Dummigan, Gartland, Kelly, McMillan, Hoban all injured and playing like relegation candidates - very difficult to see anything but a Rovers win
    would the FAI consider allowing us to do a 7 a side maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    No offence but the overall loss to us is way worse - you’d been playing poorly with and without the above so injuries haven’t made any noticeable difference to the standard of your performances - we were struggling big time on Sat once we lost Watts - anyway we’ll see come Friday

Or we could bring Bradley, McPhail in - I’d fancy they’d still do a decent job in midfield
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 17/05/2021 at 5:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    No offence but the overall loss to us is way worse - you’d been playing poorly with and without the above so injuries haven’t made any noticeable difference to the standard of your performances - we were struggling big time on Sat once we lost Watts - anyway we’ll see come Friday
    Non taken but you obviously only see it from a Rovers perspective. Gartland would make a huge difference to us as he is a leader, Hoban was scoring before he got injured as was McMillan. Kelly is missed big time as we have no right winger.

Also the fact that Rovers could be worried about Dundalk given how we are playing is pretty laughable. Rovers fans have been at pains to point out how bad Dundalk have been (and rightly so) but now that we are playing each other we're a good team again? I think Rovers could be missing a few more and still be heavy favourites

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I think it's the management of the players at dundalk, rather than their ability that is the problem in oriel pk. If they decide to turn up (for the 1st time this season) then it could be a difficult game for Rovers, considering the injuries they are carrying this week.
    A boring nil all draw will do me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Non taken but you obviously only see it from a Rovers perspective. Gartland would make a huge difference to us as he is a leader, Hoban was scoring before he got injured as was McMillan. Kelly is missed big time as we have no right winger.

Also the fact that Rovers could be worried about Dundalk given how we are playing is pretty laughable. Rovers fans have been at pains to point out how bad Dundalk have been (and rightly so) but now that we are playing each other we're a good team again? I think Rovers could be missing a few more and still be heavy favourites
    Over 50 years following Rovers and I’m always convinced we’ll lose and the longer the unbeaten run continues the more convinced I get ( guess I’m like a stopped clock and will be right eventually ) plus last team to beat us was yourselves and we all know that in the irrational world of superstitious you’re a dead cert to win....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think Dundalk v Rovers is one that the players on both sides will be up for at any time, your best performance this season was against us IMO.
    Its as close to a Derby as you can get without it being one if you know what i mean.
    Rovers have won matches this season late often because we are bringing on first string subs late in the game and overpowering teams with fresh quality in the last 20 minutes, that wont be the case for the next few weeks.
    Part of me is glad to see some of the younger ones get a chance, it looks like at least 1 or 2 will start and then 3 or 4 more come on at some point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ooh, a game of injury crisis!

Healy, Kerrigan, Keaney, Osam, McEvoy, Gallagher - 5 of our opening day line-up all missed the Cork game (plus Osam, who's a right chip off the old block unfortunately)

Very difficult to see see yadda yadda Shels
    Connolly, Sadiki, Folan, Boyd injured, Dunleavy, McEleney, Barry, Timlin and Foley playing through injury because of a lack of players...something something Drogheda..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    All a bit have your cake and eat it. Rovers win as expected and you're all back on having a chuckle at the Dundalk circus. Lose and the excuse is oven ready. Lets hope you have to use it. A soft free kick taken from the wrong place, finished from a clearly offside position would do nicely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I think it's the management of the players at dundalk, rather than their ability that is the problem in oriel pk. If they decide to turn up (for the 1st time this season) then it could be a difficult game for Rovers, considering the injuries they are carrying this week.
    A boring nil all draw will do me.
    Thats sinking like a concrete block! Not a hope of this Dundalk team and 'management' turning over Rovers realistically, i'd not back us against Waterford U19s tbh. Maybe its a turn the corner type game, even with injuries it would lift confidence but would be a shock.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Is it true that shields was dropped from the last game, or was he injured?
    If he was dropped then maybe outright mutiny by the players is not far away- he'd, presumably, be the loudest voice in that dressing room, I would have thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    All a bit have your cake and eat it. Rovers win as expected and you're all back on having a chuckle at the Dundalk circus. Lose and the excuse is oven ready. Lets hope you have to use it. A soft free kick taken from the wrong place, finished from a clearly offside position would do nicely.
    I'll nail my colours to the mast, both teams have plenty of injuries but Rovers are down to what looks like 9 senior pros + academy kids, no point whinging about it but right now id take a draw away to Dundalk. If we line out with 1 or 2 senior pros on the bench id move that up to expecting a win.

Regardless of how unhappy DFC players are they will turn up and play.
    I don't buy the unhappy dressing room stuff that's always thrown around when teams are losing.
    When Vinny was winning things he was grand a few bad results and he had "lost" the dressing room.
    Most pros just get on with it and play as well as they can when they go on the pitch
    Last edited by sbgawa; 18/05/2021 at 9:40 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    If he was dropped then maybe outright mutiny by the players is not far away- he'd, presumably, be the loudest voice in that dressing room, I would have thought.
    He is one yellow away from suspension, they probably want him for the rovers match so didn't risk it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    He went off injured against us the game before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    He is one yellow away from suspension, they probably want him for the rovers match so didn't risk it.
    Stand to be corrected, but if he got booked against Harps, he'd have probably missed the Bohs game and not Rovers.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    I dont know why you think we'd target the Rovers game and hold players back. Its 3 points for a win no matter who you are playing and we need to be taking wins from wherever we can get them. Tbh if he wasnt injured and he was being saved for an important game it would against teams below us!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast