Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 7th -9th May

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I think the phrase is "THAT'S why we're Champions".
    Hope Kerr enjoyed that, the mouthy €##€.
    Danny starting to fulfill his potential, now that he's at a club that wants to win things.
    Pat's have clearly improved from last year, but their squad appears light without the likes of Benson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Thought Pats did well in the second half and keeper looked suspect for the winner. No one is going to get within an asses roar of Shams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Bohs were good tonight, but Harps were absolutely dreadful. First half was as bad a 45 as I've seen under Ollie Horgan. We got it totally wrong, but we'll have days like that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    The club has now said there was 1 positive case. Why wasn't that in last nights statement? There were more questions than answers caused by that statement so I agree that the quality of these statements is poor. 5 0 down at half time and looks like we'll have to play the under 19's again next weekend. Could we just concede the game next week I wonder?
    The media manager posted a gif this morning which was being thrown under a bus with the message happy Saturday. Assuming he was made publish the statement despite the inaccuracies and lack of disclosure as a result he’s receiving backlash.

Probably within the clubs best interest to give a walkover. Regroup and go ahead to following week with the first teamers. It’s a disgrace the FAI backed the club into a corner. The third choice first team keeper was on the bench, supposedly he wasn’t match fit to play as he’s had an injury in recent weeks but the club only had one other available keeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Bad look for the league, all the minky clobber on the boys the fence, state of them.
    IF they'd been up to state something - like HULSIZER OUT - I'd have agreed with them but theiir whole purpose/exercise seemed to be hey look at us with cans and a megafone 🔊 ABSOLUTE TOOLS

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    IF they'd been up to state something - like HULSIZER OUT - I'd have agreed with them but theiir whole purpose/exercise seemed to be hey look at us with cans and a megafone ABSOLUTE TOOLS
    Also a reflection on the state of young people's grammar ability. Everyone under the age of 20 thinks "would of" is a real, logical and normal phrase to use, so their attempt at spelling his name is no surprise. That being said, if all of Dundalk's problems boiled own to scattered groups of illiterate eejits making a show of themselves, the overall outlook would look a lot rosier. I hope some sort of normality develops there, sooner than later.

8. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    IF they'd been up to state something - like HULSIZER OUT - I'd have agreed with them but theiir whole purpose/exercise seemed to be hey look at us with cans and a megafone �� ABSOLUTE TOOLS
    You think protesting a football club owner is an appropriate reason to flaunt guidelines during a pandemic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Also a reflection on the state of young people's grammar ability. Everyone under the age of 20 thinks "would of" is a real, logical and normal phrase to use, so their attempt at spelling his name is no surprise. That being said, if all of Dundalk's problems boiled own to scattered groups of illiterate eejits making a show of themselves, the overall outlook would look a lot rosier. I hope some sort of normality develops there, sooner than later.
    Oh,the grammar police are in again.Fuq all to say bar make noise!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    you think protesting a football club owner is an appropriate reason to flaunt guidelines during a pandemic?
    yes i do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Really is hard to fathom that sort of ignorant mindset that would place something so trivial over wider public health tbh.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Wider public health says he grasping his pearls. Always one for the big headline Pineapple Stu.
    Move on from UCD and grasp life before it passes you by. I have an mba,i'm not really good at da englush but i get by with what i have.This is Foot.ie? Right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    On the match,Dundalk weak as water against a fairly poor Sligo side who were under orders to shoot at Cherrie whenever the chance arose.They got that that chance and took it and i think Cherrie could have done better. Deffo red card (sorry if saying deffo offends the corribside steve the wee petal) for Bucks but Dundalk are so poor they couldn't muster anything after his sending off bar a few off target shots. Sligo deserved the win,we hopefully can bounce back v Harps next game.But poor display from Dundalk,every player poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Wider public health says he grasping his pearls. Always one for the big headline Pineapple Stu.
    Move on from UCD and grasp life before it passes you by. I have an mba,i'm not really good at da englush but i get by with what i have.This is Foot.ie? Right?
    Does the above qualify as the most laughable/egoistical/ignorant post we’ve seen in years..... perhaps the writer is suffering from some form of long Covid that hasn’t yet been indentified?

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Does the above qualify as the most laughable/egoistical/ignorant post we’ve seen in years..... perhaps the writer is suffering from some form of long Covid that hasn’t yet been indentified?
    Thankfully i'm not suffering from any covid illness but i'll keep you updated on my health if you really want me to.
    PM,DM,Grindr,Tinder,POF - you name it,we got it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    It's depressing in a way - and it's not the first time it's been seen on this forum. Nigel_harps talking about Harps fans gathering "for right or for wrong" (there's no "for right" about it). sbgawa suggesting lockdown should be lifted to help mental health issues. bennocelt thinking covid is just some "moaning minnies". It's no wonder we're still recording another few hundred cases every day. It's an interesting insight though into the utter selfishness of so many people.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    It's depressing in a way - and it's not the first time it's been seen on this forum. Nigel_harps talking about Harps fans gathering "for right or for wrong" (there's no "for right" about it). sbgawa suggesting lockdown should be lifted to help mental health issues. bennocelt thinking covid is just some "moaning minnies". It's no wonder we're still recording another few hundred cases every day. It's an interesting insight though into the utter selfishness of so many people.
    You know,this post makes me very sad because you're disrespecting peoples views in so many ways. The pandemic is not over but we are seeing the end of it and we should be jubilant in some way that it is. I'M no Covid denier, but ffs we're about to open up the country and tg for it.Your basing this on a throw away comment i made about about a few rebel fans at a Dundalk match. Oh holy jaysus and giddy god! Cop on Stu before you lose all influence here.

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    What complete and utter high and mighty pretentious crap.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    What complete and utter high and mighty pretentious crap.
    And I'm sure you've a good point to back that up with...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Glad to be lumped into the list there. Nice generalisation of a post. I don't agree with anyone gathering outside a ground, so you can step down there for a minute.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    That is the one that grates most with me 'I would of been at Oriel' etc. Obviously taking from the sound of would've - if kids are thought the whole 'their/there where/were whether/weather stuff at school do teachers get accused of being grammar nazis? That all said a few teacher friends say they get whole essays in text talk up to 6th year. Its especially cringe when banners are done up and displayed with basic errors. Typos happen but ffs like! Anyway that rant over.

I was impressed with St Pats, a team and squad still in the building phases. Without the ball the work rate was excellent and it disrupted Rovers for good spells when trying to get their passing game going. Pats also strung phases of possession together but mixed it up too with the odd ball over the top of a high Rovers defensive line though I think Rovers have enough pace to generally cover. At minimum the out ball by Pats gave a fighting chance for the front man, similar to Sligo on Friday where pressure was lifted with a smart ball to a player who could hold it up just enough to be a nuisance, let players up to support and had a good rate of winning a corner from this. Take note Dundalk!! If you are going to hoof then at least put it out for a throw, and squeeze for territory, yup its that basic at Oriel at the moment.

Benson is the sort of players that you really miss when not in the team as a lot of his play is off the ball keeping opposition busy and creating space - would have suited for the way the way the game was so compact yesterday. The notable difference between Rover playing out from the back and Dundalk's 'efforts' was the pace of playing along the back before looking to go forward with runners all over the place giving options. Prior to the equaliser defenders were playing in the Pats half with few clipped in 50/50 balls in from deep with no real angle. For obvious reasons Rovers are playing with belief, no panic, and sticking to a game plan in contrast to Dundalk when chasing a game the tactic is just to empty the bench with more or less like for like so no real changing things up. Even with injuries, playing 10 men sitting in then go 3 at the back - Murray was doing a lot right finding space in the hole but rarely got the ball and so all too predicable. Sligo had so much time they were able to treble up on Duffy and Kelly at times, should have left gaps to exploit centrally but nope, ball goes back to Cleary to lob it in. Ugh this post is as all over the place as DFC...
    Last edited by Nesta99; 09/05/2021 at 1:23 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast