Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 7th -9th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Dundalk were a bit of a joke there, Sligo really comfortable even with 10 men....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Dundalk were a bit of a joke there, Sligo really comfortable even with 10 men....
    They didn't threaten from Juniors one on one until added time, they need a manger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Dundalk summed up in 2 moments, Cleary passing back to the keeper and puts it out for a corner, Boyle passing the ball from near the centre of the pitch to the Sligo bench. A centre half clipping balls in to the box when you have wide players like Duffy and Kelly on the pitch. Sligo sucked away any momentum Dundalk maybe had been making especially with 10 men. The players are there but they are rudderless with a few trying to drive things on like Shields and Murray tonight. When Sligo took off a striker for defender after the red we stuck with 4 defending deeply against 1, and when obviously were being told to push up, chasing a game against 10 men they looked very nervous (eg Boyle passing the ball out of play). Time to write off the season, get a manager in and rebuild confidence for better times - maybe a late push for Europe if the man in is a miracle worker. Need to just get rid of the squad passengers, there could be something in the rumours of complaints that the standard of training sessions were being dragged down but lads who just dont have it.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 07/05/2021 at 9:46 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    3-2 a result in the Bowl; UCD go top. Decent game of ball; not sure how there weren't any more goals in the last half hour. We had two disallowed for offside and I'm not sure about the second one.

Can't complain about the result though. Bray, Galway and Cork struggling to make an impact; very open division this season.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    UCD the best team I've seen so far, passed it very nicely, and were able to keep us out fairly comfortably in the final 40 minutes. The only team I've seen (including Treaty) that doesn't just hoof the ball upfield most of the time. We ended up fairly ragged and aimless tonight.

It's a pretty poor first division I would say, but pleased that we are so competitive in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Dundalk summed up in 2 moments, Cleary passing back to the keeper and puts it out for a corner, Boyle passing the ball from near the centre of the pitch to the Sligo bench. A centre half clipping balls in to the box when you have wide players like Duffy and Kelly on the pitch. Sligo sucked away any momentum Dundalk maybe had been making especially with 10 men. The players are there but they are rudderless with a few trying to drive things on like Shields and Murray tonight. When Sligo took off a striker for defender after the red we stuck with 4 defending deeply against 1, and when obviously were being told to push up, chasing a game against 10 men they looked very nervous (eg Boyle passing the ball out of play). Time to write off the season, get a manager in and rebuild confidence for better times - maybe a late push for Europe if the man in is a miracle worker. Need to just get rid of the squad passengers, there could be something in the rumours of complaints that the standard of training sessions were being dragged down but lads who just dont have it.
    Your 4 points off a place in Europe and can only improve from here but i cant blame you being down after that, its hard to believe how little was created in the last 35 minuts.
    First time seeing zahibo play 90 , up to his two headers in the last few minutes i thought he was strolling around doing not a lot for a guy with a big rep and probably on a lot of money. Possibly not up to match fitness i suppose.
    Bolger was excellent for Sligo , sorry hes still not at rovers

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Waterford playing the u19s tomorrow in a two fingers to Sheedy and Newell.

Or due to Covid concerns if you want to believe the official line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    More statements then fu**ing goals

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Eeesh, dundalk are absolute gash..
    It's only my 2nd time this season watching a full game with them, but they are all over the shop.
    Sligo look lively I must say, and are very easy on the eye to watch, especially with Gibson & Kenny up front. Bolger is an absolute steal of a signing- very astute by Liamo.
    Dundalk played like 11 fellahs who met up in a pub car park for a charity match with nothing on the line and no consequences to their actions. It looks like the actual tea lady is taking their training, if that performance was anything to go on. Its got to the stage now where performances like that will have dundalk playing relegation playoffs to stay in the division, which when you consider the money being blown on their squad is just mind boggling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Your 4 points off a place in Europe and can only improve from here but i cant blame you being down after that, its hard to believe how little was created in the last 35 minuts.
    First time seeing zahibo play 90 , up to his two headers in the last few minutes i thought he was strolling around doing not a lot for a guy with a big rep and probably on a lot of money. Possibly not up to match fitness i suppose.
    Bolger was excellent for Sligo , sorry hes still not at rovers
    I'll be grand in the morning lol. Havent felt as frustrated watching Dundalk play for a long long time. We have been pure muck and Ive not been as bothered as it was all that was there to give. Throw in that amoeba brained excuse with the megaphone that was wrecking my head and Na Gardaí that didnt use it to tell 'em to go home well yeah Im just slightly wound up!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Jaysus the clowns hanging on to the fence to see the match was a terrible look. Where were the stewards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Jaysus the clowns hanging on to the fence to see the match was a terrible look. Where were the stewards?
    You cant blame the stewards when the guards are standing right there

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Agreed ... it’s not a Dundalk FC issue it’s a Gardai Public Heath issue.

People have missed family funerals due to number limits etc but the Gardai just watch on here ... sigh
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Bad look for the league, all the minky clobber on the boys the fence, state of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Eeesh, dundalk are absolute gash..
    It's only my 2nd time this season watching a full game with them, but they are all over the shop.
    Sligo look lively I must say, and are very easy on the eye to watch, especially with Gibson & Kenny up front. Bolger is an absolute steal of a signing- very astute by Liamo.
    Dundalk played like 11 fellahs who met up in a pub car park for a charity match with nothing on the line and no consequences to their actions. It looks like the actual tea lady is taking their training, if that performance was anything to go on. Its got to the stage now where performances like that will have dundalk playing relegation playoffs to stay in the division, which when you consider the money being blown on their squad is just mind boggling.
    Can’t argue with any of that. We are an absolute shambles on and off the pitch. The departures and arrivals in the off season were terrible and that’s what happens when you have a clueless chairman who is being influenced by a wannabe super agent.
    Aside from that, the players need a hard look at themselves. There was no urgency or professional pride on display. At least when we were poor in 2012 the players were limited and not exactly we’ll paid. It really grates knowing that this squad is getting paid so much for these woeful performances. I can handle poor performances and defeats when you know that everyone has given their all but this another level altogether.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    When you are on the boundary wall you are on the property, not a Garda issue unless the club asks them to assist with removal of fthese skangers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    People are not supposed to be gathering like that anywhere in the country so the Garda who was standing right beside them should have done his job

On the pitch good win for us but Dundalk are an absolute shambles. Thought Buckley should have gotten red in the first half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    People are allowed to meet each other outdoors. Healthier than gathering indoors to watch a stream

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Safely, in limited numbers and socially distancing??! Yeah you are right better outside than crowded indoors, likely safer but not safe - yet, and all that gobbing through a megaphone, attempts to get chats going well I hope they werent 'singing' in each others direction....meh maybe I dont care, maybe a dose of reality would be no harm for them, maybe we should quit with caring and experiment with public health safety, sure where's the harm, only a bit of fun after all......

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Agreed ... it’s not a Dundalk FC issue it’s a Gardai Public Heath issue.

People have missed family funerals due to number limits etc but the Gardai just watch on here ... sigh

Wow, some amount of moaning minnies on this site, like grumpy old men. You must have had a right melt down with the traveller funeral the other day, lol. But dont worry six weeks to flatten the curve and all that

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast