Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10,000th Thread

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts

10,000th Thread

What an auspicious time. Well done to everyone who brought us to this memorable moment.

Bring back Ruben Sosa.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Heady times...

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    What are you favourite foot.ie moments? And leave the fecking direct bus one and the Termonbarry stuff, it's been done to death FFS.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    SuperGretna was good craic until he mysteriously vanished shortly after Christmas

Bob Breen was great for agreeing to do a foot.ie Q&A, but wasn't quite so hot at coming back with answers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    What are you favourite foot.ie moments? And leave the fecking direct bus one and the Termonbarry stuff, it's been done to death FFS.
    Adventures of Cool Dog was a great thread for a while.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    This from Tets. My reaction hasn't changed in ... no way that's six years ago!!!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Boooooo!!

Who was it that voted themself out of post of the year? That was quite funny when it was realised. Cork and Drog fans going toe to 6 toes mid 2000's was entertaining fram afar with Dundalk still in the 1st Division.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 29/04/2021 at 10:00 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I remember some Town fans' complaints that winning trophies shouldn't be enough to keep Alan Mathews in a job in the early-mid 2000s. Those were the days.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    There was Siempry Red (I think it was spelled that way) who continually lost the plot and was forever going off on one.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Hairy Bowsie on the merits of a Shels player on his way to St. Pats.

That clown Tuff Paddy on how this was an Irish site for Irish people. Impossible to fathom that the guy was an established news reporter.

The Johnser Keane thing was good while it lasted.

The most I've ever laughed on this site was when, in the middle of a bad-tempered discussion, one poster (can't remember who) ended a particularly vitriolic post with the phrase 'so bite me sac.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    The most I've ever laughed on this site was when, in the middle of a bad-tempered discussion, one poster (can't remember who) ended a particularly vitriolic post with the phrase 'so bite me sac.'
    I'd forgotten that one! That was great. I'd Google it and try find it but God knows what the search results would show...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Should do a celebratory Posts of the Year winners. I was a member under a different name from 2003 I think (registered with an old college address so when finished college and forgotten password I couldnt reset it) and the old Eircom League forum prior which was fun and novel late 90's early '00's, was it Jonny Ward that ran that forum? I tended to lurk as there was damn all about Dundalk as we were irrelevant while in the doldrums, bar things like our carpet being stuck in Dublin Port for ages, or other occasional madcap goings on in Oriel...the more things change the more they stay the same. I once went on a long and rambling (nothing new there) rant on Shamrock Rovers which was slightly embarrassing after, which would probably be an amusing read now - I was in a bad mood and sounded off after a beer or 2. Many many frustrating posts made over they years that with hindsight would probably be laugh worthy. One Cork fan after 2014 league finale went off on a long one about how Dundalk have no fans, will have a closed ground and will be broke and relegated in a few years, Cork have huge crowds and a top ground etc so Cork being patient was needed and domination would happen - bit ouch now but was funny at the time as it oozed contempt and annoyance; Of course could still be prophetic though Cork ended up there first.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 30/04/2021 at 4:42 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Hairy Bowsie on the merits of a Shels player on his way to St. Pats.
    That is a brilliant post haha.

Derek Doyle as it turned out had a very decent spell at Pats under Pete Mahon from 2010-11. Ability wise he was limited but his work rate was excellent and he his goal record was good too, loved a goal in big games particularly and scored a few important ones in Europe. He ended up being let go when Liam Buckley came in in 2012 and he ended up back at Shels to Hairy Bowsie's delight I’m sure

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Should do a celebratory Posts of the Year winners. I was a member under a different name from 2003 I think (registered with an old college address so when finished college and forgotten password I couldnt reset it) and the old Eircom League forum prior which was fun and novel late 90's early '00's, was it Jonny Ward that ran that forum? I tended to lurk as there was damn all about Dundalk as we were irrelevant while in the doldrums, bar things like our carpet being stuck in Dublin Port for ages, or other occasional madcap goings on in Oriel...the more things change the more they stay the same. I once went on a long and rambling (nothing new there) rant on Shamrock Rovers which was slightly embarrassing after, which would probably be an amusing read now - I was in a bad mood and sounded off after a beer or 2. Many many frustrating posts made over they years that with hindsight would probably be laugh worthy. One Cork fan after 2014 league finale went off on a long one about how Dundalk have no fans, closed ground and will be broke and relegated in a few years, Cork have huge crowds and a top ground etc so Cork so patient was needed and domination would happen - bit ouch now but was funny at the time as it oozed contempt and annoyance; Of course could still be prophetic though Cork ended up there first.
    One of the worst thing about growing up in this era has to be the cringe looking back at old posts on the internet. I guess we're lucky to an extent that most of this came along when we were at least college age, and a lot of it is relatively anonymous.

There was some brilliant posters and posts over the years, Bluebeard has some of the funniest posts I think. "No direct bus" and MyPosts spaceship will never be done to death!

Tallaght Stadium Regular

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    My favourite Foot.ie moments were the sesh above in Dublin, although I could well be imagining that, and the fleg. The fleg was amazing.

I've no idea where the 10k is coming from though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    My favourite Foot.ie moments were the sesh above in Dublin, although I could well be imagining that, and the fleg. The fleg was amazing.
    foot.ie beers! You wonder if they should be tried again. Or would it end up in war between the Rovers fans and Dundalk fans as per usual? Does Nesta talk in such long bursts as he writes? Would Mr A really turn up in lucha libre gear? Would we work out who's on each others' ignore lists?

Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    I've no idea where the 10k is coming from though?
    You can see it on the sub-forum home page - Threads 1-20 of 10,000

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    foot.ie beers! You wonder if they should be tried again. Or would it end up in war between the Rovers fans and Dundalk fans as per usual? Does Nesta talk in such long bursts as he writes? Would Mr A really turn up in lucha libre gear? Would we work out who's on each others' ignore lists?

You can see it on the sub-forum home page - Threads 1-20 of 10,000
    Few beers and i'd never shut up! No war with Rovers fans, I love the craic with any LoI fans if they could get a word in!!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Should do a celebratory Posts of the Year winners. I was a member under a different name from 2003 I think (registered with an old college address so when finished college and forgotten password I couldnt reset it) and the old Eircom League forum prior which was fun and novel late 90's early '00's, was it Jonny Ward that ran that forum? I tended to lurk as there was damn all about Dundalk as we were irrelevant while in the doldrums, bar things like our carpet being stuck in Dublin Port for ages, or other occasional madcap goings on in Oriel...the more things change the more they stay the same. I once went on a long and rambling (nothing new there) rant on Shamrock Rovers which was slightly embarrassing after, which would probably be an amusing read now - I was in a bad mood and sounded off after a beer or 2. Many many frustrating posts made over they years that with hindsight would probably be laugh worthy. One Cork fan after 2014 league finale went off on a long one about how Dundalk have no fans, will have a closed ground and will be broke and relegated in a few years, Cork have huge crowds and a top ground etc so Cork being patient was needed and domination would happen - bit ouch now but was funny at the time as it oozed contempt and annoyance; Of course could still be prophetic though Cork ended up there first.
    Yeah correct JW was brains behind it. How many years is foot.ie this year it must be over 20 years old at this stage. Anyone here that were posters from the first very first day it came online?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    18 years posting on this forum. Granted not as regularly as the rest of you degenerates. In the age before Social Media, it was my main outlet for interacting with other LOI fans, outside of going to games. It felt in those days that there was so few of us in main stream Ireland, that we were like ham radio operators, talking to each other from our underground bunkers in a post apocalyptic world. Good Times!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    18 years posting on this forum. Granted not as regularly as the rest of you degenerates. In the age before Social Media, it was my main outlet for interacting with other LOI fans, outside of going to games. It felt in those days that there was so few of us in main stream Ireland, that we were like ham radio operators, talking to each other from our underground bunkers in a post apocalyptic world. Good Times!
    Ah the days before vegan recycled 7-up bottle converse runners, skinny jeans, no socks, and beards....we were all cavemen sorry cavepeople Still quite niche but being a LoI fan just doesnt have that 'you weirdo' impact anymore. like its trendy niche these days, bar Phibsboro where its just pure trendy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast