Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Longford: I would not want to be associated with this team

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    He's just a knob who has a personal problem with Alan Matthews. It's nothing to do with how the town plays. If Town won the Champions League he'd still have problem with Matthews. Maybe he turned him down for a loan or something

Cork are one of the favourites for the league. They're going to have teams playing for draw. You should be analysing why you can't break teams down, rather than having a go at teams for not playing into your hands.

Pathetic whingers, who spit the dummy when you don't win.

Thats right, ignore the utter sh*te that your manager thinks is football because it's only us whinging.

City did break Longford down, maybe 7 or 8 times, we just couldn't get the ball in the net when we did break you lot down. As quite a few of us have already said, we ourselves are to blame for this.
    And if you are happy with a manager who thinks the absolute best his players can get is a nil all draw......
    All this crap about City are expected to win and plucky little Longford achieved a magnificent draw..
    So Longford are only there to make up the numbers?
    So you lot have no ambition, chance, or hope of winning the league?

You made NO ATTEMPT to win the game the othe night. Thats a pathetic attitude from your manager and calling us whingers doesn't change that.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    We went away to the team top of the league and took a point. Job done. Much rather that than play more open football and come away with nothing. I actually think it shows it's own confidence in our abilities that we can go down there with a game plan and stick to it rather than go down there as plucky losers....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We went away to the team top of the league and took a point. Job done. Much rather that than play more open football and come away with nothing. I actually think it shows it's own confidence in our abilities that we can go down there with a game plan and stick to it rather than go down there as plucky losers....
    Macy, what people are discussing is the total lack of ambition and belief in his players on the part of the manager, he shows no confidence whatsoever in his players abilities.
    Matthews will NEVER have you top of the league if he fills his players, and the fans swallow, this rubbish that "confidence in our abilities" consists of hoping to get a 0 - 0 draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    shock horror - team plays for a point away from home - geesh you'd swear some of these cork posters only started following (or folleying if you're Noel King) football this year

get over yourselves ffs - overly negative teams are easy enough to break down if they only have 'plan a' - the problem is Cork's - and how to get goals with no Doyle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's just a knob who has a personal problem with Alan Matthews. It's nothing to do with how the town plays.
    oh yes macy nothing to do with how we play i really do love seeing the ball up in the air for 90 minutes and a good nil nil draw to go with it

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    shock horror - team plays for a point away from home - geesh you'd swear some of these cork posters only started following (or folleying if you're Noel King) football this year

get over yourselves ffs - overly negative teams are easy enough to break down if they only have 'plan a' - the problem is Cork's - and how to get goals with no Doyle?
    Yet another pointless intervention from the relegation candidate...

If you bothered to read the thread you will see that we all admitted that we had a problem in that our strike force did not score from plenty of chances the other night. This is our problem, as has also been discussed by City fans.
    However, never let anything actually discussed get in the way of having a go at City....

Off back to your own site now and keep moaning about the useless crowd of absolute sh*te that passes for your team and management...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what on earth are you twáting on about - you seemed shocked that longford played for a draw......now you retreat into the anti cork conspiracy bunker when people have a go at such dribbling

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what on earth are you twáting on about - you seemed shocked that longford played for a draw......now you retreat into the anti cork conspiracy bunker when people have a go at such dribbling
    "twáting" "dribbling" ???

Is this what you junkies do to amuse yourselves while watching your team geting beaten?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no its me struggling for words to describe the tripe you post here

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Macy, what people are discussing is the total lack of ambition and belief in his players on the part of the manager, he shows no confidence whatsoever in his players abilities.
    Matthews will NEVER have you top of the league if he fills his players, and the fans swallow, this rubbish that "confidence in our abilities" consists of hoping to get a 0 - 0 draw.
    No, shows that Cork are the better team, virtually full time and are clear at the top of the league. A point is a good result for us. You should be flattered that your seen as being one of the top teams. We didn't hope to get either, we did get. Proves it was the right decision. It's clear Cork haven't the capabilities to break down defensive teams, so it will continue to be a tatic employed in the cross.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no its me struggling for words
    Nothing new there then.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, shows that Cork are the better team, virtually full time and are clear at the top of the league. A point is a good result for us. You should be flattered that your seen as being one of the top teams. We didn't hope to get either, we did get. Proves it was the right decision. It's clear Cork haven't the capabilities to break down defensive teams, so it will continue to be a tatic employed in the cross.
    Dont cod urself macy matthews did not go for anything other than a draw im sure he will do the same tonite.what a loser.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Dont cod urself macy matthews did not go for anything other than a draw im sure he will do the same tonite.what a loser.
    I never said he didn't just go for a draw. I happen to think that's a good result. btw What a winner you mean? What did your hero Kenny win us? Plaudits for good football mean fook all with an empty trophy cabinet....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While it's true that Longford have no obligation to play open attacking football to the benefit of their opponents, the standard of football they play at times is painfull to watch imo. And their crowds seem to be dropping, it's no coincidence, in the long run it's doing more damage than good to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When UCD and Bray took points from the cross Rico wanted us out of the league because we were'nt entertaining enough. The cork public apparently don't like to see their team draw nill all. This is more of the same.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    When UCD and Bray took points from the cross Rico wanted us out of the league because we were'nt entertaining enough. The cork public apparently don't like to see their team draw nill all. This is more of the same.
    No it's not. Bray came to the Cross, defended well, but attacked when they got a chance.
    UCD came with a similar gameplan, defend and keep it tight, but they actually made some attempt to attack and could have scored.

Longford MADE NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to score or get more than a point. They are brutal to watch, and while it's easy to dismiss us all as whingers, all City fans have said that not getting the 3 points was OUR fault, not Longfords, what we are commenting on is the pathetic attitude Matthews has to his team and players. He obviously doesn't believe that they can do anymore than play head tennis and hoof the ball up to Keegan. That is the entire extent of his football tactics.

It's dreadful to watch and its about time Longford and their fans face up to that fact.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well whatever about last Firday, the football played last night in Tolka was excellent. Very dissapointed to lose the game, but a hugely entertaining game. We had 6 good chances to score and between good keeping and poor finishing we didn't score, nothing new there. Shels keeper was MOTM according to the press.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Well whatever about last Firday, the football played last night in Tolka was excellent. Very dissapointed to lose the game, but a hugely entertaining game. We had 6 good chances to score and between good keeping and poor finishing we didn't score, nothing new there. Shels keeper was MOTM according to the press.
    Hmm... a point in the Cross and none in Tolka. Spot the difference.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    Hmm... a point in the Cross and none in Tolka. Spot the difference.
    be quiet - for the good of the league

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Why can't they play this way at the Cross?????

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast