Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Weekend games Friday 16th to Tuesday 20th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I think we are getting better, but we are still a work in progress, Boh's fans must be sickened, it looked to be going their way for a good part of the second half but folded for pressure, very entertaining game with great goals, the best of which came from Burt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Just saw the Derry goal , Abibi flapping at the ball ,
    Dundalk need to sign a keeper.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Poor game in Longford,Harps had the the better chances but didnt well play well,Longford offered very little for being the home team both keepers had very little to do tbf,but 11 points after 6 games with 4 of them away is a solid return for us,2 tough home games coming up for us though.....
    We were just happy to be on the same pitch as you guys. Anything else was a bonus. All joking aside we really needed to get something from the game and we did so I don't mind too much that it wasn't a good game.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

4. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    Narrow pitch won't suit Shams
    Just wide enough for the free kick thankfully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    It probably hasn't gone understated amongst Pats fans but I'd be surprised if there's been many - if any at all - players better than Forrester so far this season. It's great to see him performing more at the level he's capable of and looking levels above in the process.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    It's always said that last minute winners are a sign of a good team, and nothing would please me more than one in Friday, but Its clear that a Rovers midfield of Finn and Watts ain't gonna be good enough to get past most team's.
    When the quality came offthe bench the game game for Rovers changed.
    The pitch looked very bobbly on the TV, like it hasn't been watered-was that deliberate or is there a hosepipe ban in louth?
    Some good young players playing for drogs-think they'll be alright for relegation worries anyway.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Just saw the Derry goal , Abibi flapping at the ball ,
    Dundalk need to sign a keeper.

Jaysus. Looks like he punches it on to the Derry guy's hand actually. Is that handball these days? Hard to keep up with that rule. Wojus keeping regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

Jaysus. Looks like he punches it on to the Derry guy's hand actually. Is that handball these days? Hard to keep up with that rule. Wojus keeping regardless.
    Looks like the Derry player tries to punch it, not deflecting from horrendous goalkeeping but that is handball. But you couldn't expect Hennessey to see that from 15 yards away, like Harvey being 10 yards away for the Bohs handball. Zero luck at the moment but it's still not good enough. Who was doing the co-commentary of the game last night? Woeful to listen to, not even trying to be slightly impartial, even celebrated the goal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Bad keeping again for the Derry goal, surely he could’ve caught that with both hands and hit the deck with it. I think a fear of getting clattered is the reason why he didn’t try that but fear is the one thing a goalkeeper can’t have. Of course Abibi would channel his inner Buffon on the weekend to pull out 2 great saves from Billy King

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    It probably hasn't gone understated amongst Pats fans but I'd be surprised if there's been many - if any at all - players better than Forrester so far this season. It's great to see him performing more at the level he's capable of and looking levels above in the process.
    It’s probably gone under the radar for fans of other clubs not watching full pats games because he hasn’t scored goals but my god he’s been an absolute joy to watch week in week out, brilliant to see him perform at this level again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    I think we are getting better, but we are still a work in progress, Boh's fans must be sickened, it looked to be going their way for a good part of the second half but folded for pressure, very entertaining game with great goals, the best of which came from Burt.
    Sligo stuffed us in the first half and we probably outplayed them for most of the second, created a bucket of chances, but only one on target. Sligo bided their time and took their two chances against the run of play. Between the two Rovers and Pats for the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Pretty crap game in Longford last night. Don't think McGinley had a save to make. Boyd could have had a hat trick, we created enough to win the game five times over, but could be there until next week and not score.

Would worry about Pats and Shamrock Rovers next two games. Both at home though, so hopefully a chance to bounce back again.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Looks like the Derry player tries to punch it, not deflecting from horrendous goalkeeping but that is handball. But you couldn't expect Hennessey to see that from 15 yards away, like Harvey being 10 yards away for the Bohs handball. Zero luck at the moment but it's still not good enough. Who was doing the co-commentary of the game last night? Woeful to listen to, not even trying to be slightly impartial, even celebrated the goal.
    I think I seen somewhere it was Gareth McGlynn.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Five of the team that finished game are players from our academy. Which is really pleasing. Great mixture of academy/ experienced LOI players and imports in our squad.

Playing well but not sure we had the squad size for a title push. Looking forward to finding out though.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    As a neutral, it's great to see Forrester back to his best again and delighted for my old buddy Steve O'Donnell. A lot of Pat's fans would have been happy to see him sacked last year. I can't remember who the last Galway man was to manage Utd(Tony Mannion?) but there's now two Galwegian managers and an assistant in the Premier.
    Sligo look like title challengers this year and their new young lads look the business. There's enough Mayo players in the league now that they could form their own team. Hopefully we see it soon.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    This will come as no surprise to anyone, but Waterford have absolutely nothing this year. The lads work hard and compete and have been difficult to finish off, but never look like we could score any goals. Four goals so far - all from set-pieces and rarely threatening from play. Derry handed us a win, but Saturday's game at home to Longford already looks a must-win given we finish out the first round by playing Rovers and Dundalk. Can't knock the effort from a young team who are just left to their own devices by management. The only thing we're discussing is whether this is better or worse than the Mike Kerley season in 2006. Dundalk's off-field might be a circus, but ours is a freakshow.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,187 Posts
    Have to say I'd like to see Waterford do well just because of the Kevin Sheedy factor...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I think I seen somewhere it was Gareth McGlynn.
    Thanks, that rings a bell alright. There are highlights of the goals on the Soccer Republic twitter, have a listen to the shout of "YES" from him when Derry equalise. It was funny for a while but got quite tiresome as the game drew on. I like that co-commentators have been added and appreciate it is usually a local or past player of the home side but they should at least try and be slightly balanced even for a few minutes.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Have to say I'd like to see Waterford do well just because of the Kevin Sheedy factor...
    Give us Colly Whelan back then please!!! Ah it ain't happening unfortunately. I feel bad for Kevin who'll be the scapegoat even though it's a Filippo/Alan Matthews set-up and we were screwed before he ever took over anyway.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345