Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Festy Ebosele D Udinese b.2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    Axed by Rooney for a “bad attitude”. Hard to know exactly what that means. From all accounts about Ebosele as a pro and a person, it’s hard to see that he’d be a negative force around the squad. Possibly distracted by his move to Udinese…?

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-41568440.html

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Axed by Rooney for a “bad attitude”. Hard to know exactly what that means. From all accounts about Ebosele as a pro and a person, it’s hard to see that he’d be a negative force around the squad. Possibly distracted by his move to Udinese…?

Seems to be a lot of players with bad attitudes around these days.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Yeah sounds like he's mentally checked out before his move in the summer and Rooney probably felt he wasn't getting 100% commitment. Has mostly been a sub lately with one start in his last six games. They've been starting another young lad Malcolm Ebiowei, whose started the last 8 games at RW ahead of Festy.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts
    as much as i love festy, what i heard from someone within the 21s camp wasn't great.

essentially in march, he came into camp, trained, and with the 21s playing 5 at the back and no wingers, he was told or it became apparent he wouldn't start - and he was of the opinion that he wouldn't play at all (he didn't make the match-day squad vs sweden in november). so he basically said if he wasn't gonna play, there was no point in him travelling. he had too much to sort with his pending move, people to see etc etc. but the coaching staff thought it was totally out of order for him to say that and act that way... it was officially put down as 'family reasons'

festy's a lovely kid and he's as much as you can tell from the outside, he's probably not really being handled properly by crawford but he's still very much a teenager

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Wayne Rooney contrasting Ebosele's attitude/commitment unfavourably with that of Luke Plange: Wayne Rooney stance on Festy Ebosele farewell ahead of transfer after Derby County axe - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,688 Posts
    At least he's not paying grannies for sex

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    At least he's not paying grannies for sex
    Sick burn, you really put Rooney in his place there. Ebosele is 19 turning 20, if he even gets half way near the level that Rooney was at 19 he'll have a very good career.

Hopefully he's smart enough to listen to someone like Rooney who'd be the first to tell you he also had attitude problems, rather than sulking and maybe thinking "at least I didn't pay grannies for sex" like a kid on internet would thinking he's funny.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Rooney had a lot more going on throughout his whole career than just the granny thing. He was immensely talented and his career stats are great, but Im always left with the feeling that he should have done more if he had looked after himself. Rooney was never a great professional right up to the end of his career, seem to remember a story from one of his last England camps where he crashed a wedding out of his mind drunk.

I always compare Rooney to Ronaldo. Both at United at same time at a young age. Initially you would have said Rooney was better. It was Ronaldos sheer work rate that built the player he is today, whereas Rooney just relied on his talent and looked finished by his late 20s.

It seems like Festy has become a bit of a d1ck of late, but I do find it a bit rich that Rooney is criticizing anyone for attitude issues.

12. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    It seems like Festy has become a bit of a d1ck of late, but I do find it a bit rich that Rooney is criticizing anyone for attitude issues.
    In fairness, that's his part of his job as manager. What Rooney did a dozen years ago or whenever it was shouldn't stop him doing his job. (If anything, it may mean he knows what he's talking about more)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    What Rooney was doing was right up to when he retired, he never copped on and became a good pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    But should that stop him doing his job as manager?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    No, but we are allowed to call him out for hypocrisy because of it. Two things can be true at the same time. Hes right to suggest that Festy maybe wasnt handling the move properly, but its also right that Rooney himself is full of it.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    I do find it a bit harsh or unhelpful though. Irrelevant even. It's like a dig at Rooney for the sake of it. A bit of "I know you are, but what am I"?

Just my two cents anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Why is it harsh or unhelpful to call out bullsh1t on the people that are supposed to be developing these young players.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Even that Granny couldn’t get Rooney to change his ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Why is it harsh or unhelpful to call out bullsh1t on the people that are supposed to be developing these young players.
    Is it bull**** though? People here seem to agree that Ebosele has developed a bit of an attitude problem lately. I don't know if it's true or not, but JR89, elatedscum and even you have agreed that he's not been entirely professional lately, and no-one has anything to say in his defence. If it's true, his manager is entirely right to call him out on that. I'd always be wary of going public with that sort of stuff, but maybe he's done it as a last resort; I don't know.

I do know that saying "Yeah, well Rooney was a bit of a dick too" isn't calling anyone out. It's effectively attacking the poster, not the post.

Also, whatever about Rooney's off-field antics, I think he generally applied himself properly to his game, otherwise he wouldn't have become the player he was. If he sees Ebosele getting carried away with himself or whatever the issue is, then again, I think he's right to call that out and the fact Rooney paid grannies for sex isn't really relevant.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,688 Posts
    Jesus Christ lads, it was just a trivial joke not a RFP for a dissertation on the relative character traits of the two players.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    For what it's worth, I did think your post was nicely wry!

25. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Also, whatever about Rooney's off-field antics, I think he generally applied himself properly to his game, otherwise he wouldn't have become the player he was.
    Didn’t Rooney smoke 20 a day through his entire career?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Didn’t Rooney smoke 20 a day through his entire career?
    Rooney is also the one who put Jason Knight out of action for a couple of months with a heavy tackle in training this season.

I have no problem with him saying that Ebosele went off the rails a bit, but I think he is also full of crap.

"The way I work, if you are off it, you can’t play, you will not play whether we are fighting relegation, fighting for trophies, you won’t play.”

With that line you would think he was the ultimate pro as a player.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast