Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Festy Ebosele D Udinese b.2002

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    That is right. He doesn't even make the bench. Because he is injured.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    That is right. He doesn't even make the bench. Because he is injured.
    Didnt see him listed as injured so I thought it might be down to poor previous game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Goal for Festy! Festy-val! Ebosele-bration!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Played as left wingback in a 1-0 win over West Brom earlier. Really liked the look of him, some very capable defending, well timed tackles in the box. I’d definitely like to see him properly integrated into the senior squad in coming friendlies and/or Nations League.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I thought he had a great game, though my only concern would be that some of his best moments were recovery tackles where maybe better reading of the game would have rendered unnecessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Article on Dutch voetbalzone.nl on Derby County, and Festy Ebosele. You can find the article here https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=398339. I ran the text trough google translate. There might be some mistakes in there

Rooney: 'He has so much speed and power that he scares defenders'

Friday, December 31, 2021 at 07:30 • Chris Meijer • Last update: 18:18

Derby County is experiencing a disaster season. Due to the severe financial problems that grip the club, the Rams have already been deducted a whopping 21 points this season. Manager Wayne Rooney has to make do in Derby with a stripped-down selection, but at the same time that ensures that the necessary young players can break through at the moment.
    One of them is Festy Ebosele, who has already caught the attention of clubs from England, Italy and Germany.

Scouts from Derby County crossed the Irish Sea several times to watch Ebosele at work.
    The name of the attacker with Nigerian roots has been buzzing in Ireland for years. Local journalists spoke of the finest schoolboy performance they had seen in their lives after their visit to Bellefield - home to amateur club Moyne Rangers.
    Ebosele entered the youth academy of Bray Wanderers at the age of 13 and with the club currently playing in Ireland's second tier, his talent was recognized by Derby County within three years.

“It took a year. Scouts have seen several matches and followed his progress. After that we had to agree on a lot of things," Fustas told the Irish Independent. Where his peers in Ireland 'imitated Frank Lampard on muddy pitches', Ebosele tried to put himself in the spotlight with the former midfielder in his first year. However, the Young Ireland international did not appear on the radar with Lampard and his sacked successor Phillip Cocu during his first two and a half years in England.
    However, Rooney has had to make do with a lot less resources than his predecessors for the past year and a half. Mel Morris wanted to leave the club in October 2019 after having invested €232 million in Derby County in four years. However, for the past two years, the English businessman has been unable to find a buyer for the club. And while Morris was unwilling to close the financial holes any longer, the losses rose sharply, partly as a result of the corona crisis. The financial problems piled up and as a result the Football League (EFL) Derby County imposed a transfer ban last summer.

At the time, Rooney had only nine senior players left from the roster who narrowly managed to avoid relegation to League One last season. Although the EFL eased the transfer ban slightly and as a result, under strict conditions, five more reinforcements - including Phil Jagielka and Ravel Morrison - could be brought in, Rooney this season at Derby County mainly has to make do with players from his own youth: Max Bird ( 21), Jason Knight (20), Lee Buchanan (20), Louie Sibley (20), and Ebosele.
    Ebosele has been converted to right-back and made his debut in the Derby County first team from that position last season. Where that was three times as a substitute, Ebosele had a starting place in eight of the fifteen games he played this season. Due to the attacking qualities that date from his time as a midfielder or winger, Rooney also regularly uses him as a wingback or right midfielder. During the away game against Millwall in November (1-1), Ebosele scored his first goal as a professional footballer.
    He has played right-back for the past few years, but he has so much speed and strength that he scares defenders when he comes at them," Rooney said of Ebosele after the game with Millwall. “He needs to get even better defensively, we know he's working hard on that. He is a player with whom we are working very hard. If we do that in the right way, he can become a very good player. We talked a lot with him and watched videos together to make him a more attacking player. You've seen that with Mikhail Antonio at West Ham United and Adama Traoré at Wolverhampton Wanderers: they changed position that way."

The breakthrough of players like Ebosele is one of the few bright spots for the supporters of Derby County in an otherwise pitch-dark season. Morris was forced to go into administration at the club in September, a measure that can be taken in England if the payment obligations can no longer be met. As a result, Derby County was deducted twelve points. An additional nine minus points were added due to financial disorder. With seven points and 14 points behind in the safe places, relegation looks inevitable for Derby County this season. But players like Ebosele can help the Rams bounce back. If it is not on the field, then it is by bringing in a transfer fee.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Really encouraging to have him coming through in a position where Coleman and perhaps Doherty have limited shelf life. With O’Dowda now playing at left back / wing back, we have promising options with real pace and an attacking threat.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    We also have Tayo Adaramola coming though at left back with Palace as well. He's arguably our highest rated prospect at the moment and not many are talking about him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    We also have Tayo Adaramola coming though at left back with Palace as well. He's arguably our highest rated prospect at the moment and not many are talking about him.
    He’s obviously a prospect but maybe a year or two away from being in contention.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I just watched the second half of derby vs Sheffield United. Festy was immense, Knight solid. Derby win 2-0. While he needs to work on his defensive side and refine his end product, Festy has a high ceiling and should be introduced in March to the senior set up if he continues to start for Derby.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Derby off the bottom of the table now on goal difference. If they stay up it's a phenomenal achievement.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Derby off the bottom of the table now on goal difference. If they stay up it's a phenomenal achievement.
    It would be borderline miraculous.

I really like Festy. What an extraordinary athlete, and with no mean footballing ability too. And a fantastic attitude.

What's not to like?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    With festy going well at left back for derby even though right footed and ogbene going well at right wingbback for rotherham is that something we should look at in match with them as wing backs? Let seamus drop in as right sided centre half..Cullen knight and hendrick in midfield. Robinson playing off idH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Festy started on left side but was right side in second half. Every time I’ve seen him I felt him to be more comfortable on the right side! From what I’ve seen with derby he has been used in right side more than left I thought?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Ogbene and Festy would need serious defensive coverage if they played together! Our poor centre backs and Knighty/Cullen would be working over time! I have not been impressed with Festy’s defending at all, he will hopefully improve though. I don’t know anything about Ogbene’s defending, but to be honest I won’t be getting overly excited by Ogbene until I see him producing consistently at a higher level.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Ogbene and Festy would need serious defensive coverage if they played together! Our poor centre backs and Knighty/Cullen would be working over time! I have not been impressed with Festy’s defending at all, he will hopefully improve though. I don’t know anything about Ogbene’s defending, but to be honest I won’t be getting overly excited by Ogbene until I see him producing consistently at a higher level.
    I agree. I do think right wing back os a position ogbene has a better chance in ofbplaying at a high level rather than right side of a front 3 where he has played for us

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Forest have reportedly had a bid turned down; PL, Bundesliga and Serie A interest is also being suggested

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...forest-6539133

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Free agent in the summer so should have plenty of options come then.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Bundesliga would be very intriguing for him. He's a similar play style to Alphonso Davies who flourished there. Obviously not as good as him but would be cool to see how he'd develop there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Keep the head down and play away with Derby until the summer. Can reassess options then. Germany the standout option

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast