Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Festy Ebosele D Udinese b.2002

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Just watched the game. Festy was excellent, best I’ve seen him. He has improved so much every month. He has to be embraced and introduced in March. He has leapfrogged Ogbene and co in my book. He is producing it at championship level and has a ridiculously high ceiling. His athleticism and pace are incredible. Of course, a lot of things to improve upon which international football will help him further refine. He will be moving on in the summer to a higher level. Start him in March please and blood him in. Thanks
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 09/02/2022 at 1:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Do you think he'd be better off with the U21s?
    They're playing Sweden away at the end of March
    Maybe he'll be in the squad v Belgium, and the link up with them in Stockholm?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Interesting that he couldn’t break the match day squad for the 21s in November against Sweden. Smallbone played the first half on the right wing, Tierney in the centre and they switched in the second half, Ferry replaced Tierney on the right wing. Over on the left, Wright started and was replaced by Ollie O’Neill. Meanwhile, Ebosele, Okoflex and Kerrigan were left out of the match day squad…

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I think he already merits a place in the senior squad. It’s early days, but he looks like an outstanding talent, and we don’t have enough of that available.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Interesting that he couldn’t break the match day squad for the 21s in November against Sweden. Smallbone played the first half on the right wing, Tierney in the centre and they switched in the second half, Ferry replaced Tierney on the right wing. Over on the left, Wright started and was replaced by Ollie O’Neill. Meanwhile, Ebosele, Okoflex and Kerrigan were left out of the match day squad…
    Really shows how quickly things can move on...i don't see any issue with him building up some international expereince at u21 level and being dropped into the senior squad. Ogbene is performing to a high level at top of L1 as well. Can't see how Horgan makes the next squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    I'd keep him in the U21 (for now). There are exciting aspects to his play but his positional reading of the game is a bit off, I don't think he is technically great, and there's sloppy elements defensively (see the Hull goal last night).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I'd call him up. The sheer disruption he can introduce to games would be a real asset to us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I'd call him up too. We don't need him to start and play right back for 90mins. He should be used as an impact sub who will cause mayhem with his pace.

Pace kills at every level and he could literally be the quickest player we've ever had. His acceleration from a standing still position to beat the defender on the assist last night was insane.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    No brainer to call him up (and play him) imo. He's more than ready physically and what better way to help iron out some sloppy elements than to give him experience at a high level, when the results are not paramount.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    I'd definitely call him up. My attitude on this is that Robbie Keane was old enough at 17 years old and 9 stone dripping wet. Get him in and get him involved. We may need him sooner rather than later. Seamus Colman will be 34 by the end of the year and Doherty may be needed at left back. Having a replacement with some international experience can only be a good thing by the time Euro qualification comes around this time next year.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    I'd keep him in the U21 (for now). There are exciting aspects to his play but his positional reading of the game is a bit off, I don't think he is technically great, and there's sloppy elements defensively (see the Hull goal last night).
    All of this is true from what i have seen of him over the last few months. But i would still call him up to our senior set up! He is a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    His acceleration from a standing still position to beat the defender on the assist last night was insane.
    One of the things i have noticed is how he almost always receives the ball from a standing still position. It drives me insane but then he just batters his way down the pitch

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    I dunno. Like what's he going to learn from under 21 football that he won't from all the Championship games he is playing?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    I think he's worth a look given that wing-back is a position we're going to need replacements soon. We've five very solid players there (Doherty, Coleman, Stevens, Brady, McClean), but they're all the wrong side of 30. Having a look at a new option in the March games mightn't be any harm.

He may be a bit raw, but he's a regular starter for a decent team in the second tier, and there's plenty of players in the squad we can't say that about.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    I'd call him up too. We don't need him to start and play right back for 90mins. He should be used as an impact sub who will cause mayhem with his pace.

Pace kills at every level and he could literally be the quickest player we've ever had. His acceleration from a standing still position to beat the defender on the assist last night was insane.
    Would like to see him as back up to Ogbene. Think he'd be more effective for us playing in the final third rather than at RWB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I dunno. Like what's he going to learn from under 21 football that he won't from all the Championship games he is playing?
    I'm not against his call-up to the seniors, even if I have some reservations. But beat Sweden and we have a real chance of winning our U21 qualification group. Shouldn't we give priority to a key U21 qualification game above a senior friendly international?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Anyone new called into the squad in March, and there probably will only be a few, will be done so with a few to the Nations League games in the summer. So more than just a friendly game it's a chance for the coaches to look at you closer within the squad and how you get on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    He played with a full back behind him yesterday btw, and think his most effective performances have been when positioned further up the pitch and with less defensive duties. Effectively he will be a right winger for us, initially at least.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    I'm not against his call-up to the seniors, even if I have some reservations. But beat Sweden and we have a real chance of winning our U21 qualification group. Shouldn't we give priority to a key U21 qualification game above a senior friendly international?
    But what if his off positional reading, technical inadequacies and sloppy elements of his defence cost our under 21 side qualification?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    But what if his off positional reading, technical inadequacies and sloppy elements of his defence cost our under 21 side qualification?
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Five year contract with Udinese confirmed
    https://www.udinese.it/Apps/WebObjec...58019&lang=ita

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast