Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Attendances 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    For my money, the size of biggest crowds in recent years has been largely determined by stadia limitations. Rovers could presumably have sold more tickets if they'd a bigger capacity (?). Likewise the Cork-Derry game in 2005 was a sell-out. Not sure about the Rovers-Pats RDS game - as I don't recall that myself, and the RDS had quite a big capacity then. But I think we're at the stage where the only think stopping the occasional LOI game beating numbers like 7,796 is the fact that our stadia are all so crap. It wouldn't be hard to envisage a Bohs-Rovs derby game in a keenly contested season getting a big crowd like that.
    It was my first Pats game the estimates range from 20-25k. It was a awful game by all accounts but I can’t remember much about it I was only a kid.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    What time did ye get served to Marty?
    Midnight!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Midnight!
    Covid gets dangerous at 12:01am especially when drink is involved.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Thread here says Cork v Derry was listed as ‘around 7,000’ so not higher. Open to correction though obviously.

https://twitter.com/tormey_history/s...360714753?s=21

It was definitely higher than 7k. Hard to know what the exact capacity was in the Shed back then. It was completely packed to the gills. Not the biggest crowd I've ever seen at the Cross though. There was a game against Pats around Christmas in 1998 where I believe there were in excess of 9k. There were strange attendances back then. We'd get 7 or 8 k for one game and then sub 2k for a few games in a row.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    3053 announced for the Woman's cup final, not a chance in hell there was many more then 2k there.
    I'm probably just old and grumpy but it does annoy me listening to commentators constantly telling you how "great" it is when the standard was pretty poor if we are being honest.
    I'm all for Womans soccer and delighted Rovers are getting a team going but listening to the commentators its just spin and political correctness.

7. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    It was my first Pats game the estimates range from 20-25k. It was a awful game by all accounts but I can’t remember much about it I was only a kid.
    It was hugely hyped and drew 25,000 and turned out to be a desperately poor 0-0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    7,522 at Shamrock Rovers second home game in 2020. They had a 7,021 attendance in 2019 too, as well as their 7,030 attendance vs Harps to clinch the title this year.

Cork v Dundalk in Sept 2017 had 6,983 officially. 6,900 sellout the given figure for the same fixture in April 2015.

Those are the closest I have since 2013 anyway.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    I heard Con say on his Podcast that he was in the shop 2 hours prior to KO and lads were still coming in looking for tickets. Based on the size of Tallaght when the 4th stand is complete and the assumption they will continue to be successful for the foreseeable future, I would not be surprised to see a 10000 attendance some day.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I heard Con say on his Podcast that he was in the shop 2 hours prior to KO and lads were still coming in looking for tickets. Based on the size of Tallaght when the 4th stand is complete and the assumption they will continue to be successful for the foreseeable future, I would not be surprised to see a 10000 attendance some day.
    If Bohs and Rovers were both doing well, there's no reason why we couldn't see a 12-15,000 derby game at some point.

Except, of course, for the fact that there isn't a single stadium in the league capable of hosting that sort of crowd

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I was there. Huge crowd. Game was easily one of the worst I was ever at. I'd say that reinforced negative LOI opinions in many attendees for a generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I was there. Huge crowd. Game was easily one of the worst I was ever at. I'd say that reinforced negative LOI opinions in many attendees for a generation.
    was at it too. it was shocking. from memory one effort that dribbled past the post was the closest to a goal.
    the two sides should have had a gentleman's agreement for a 3 all draw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I was also at it - terrible game ; I put it down to bitter Brain Kerr setting up Pats to ruin the occasion ….. can’t remember if he was even their manager then !!

PS the crowd was 22k and crowd for next home game against Derry was 12k (1-1 )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    I was also at it - terrible game ; I put it down to bitter Brain Kerr setting up Pats to ruin the occasion ….. can’t remember if he was even their manager then !!

PS the crowd was 22k and crowd for next home game against Derry was 12k (1-1 )
    He was, it was the first game I was brought to. I think Kerr said something along the line of ‘I’m not here to entertain the crowd I’m here to get a positive result for Pats’ after the game. We were champions at the time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I was in Tallaght on Friday (as part of the vociferous Drogs contingent; I thought it was an impressive turn-out of away fans). Such a pleasure to be in a decent ground with a big crowd. The North Stand will make it in every way 'a proper football stadium' (like they have in England!!)
    Rovers fans are lucky indeed. Must be a pleasure to go there every fortnight. Would be great if they could push up average attendance to 6 or 7 thousand.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    I was in Tallaght on Friday (as part of the vociferous Drogs contingent; I thought it was an impressive turn-out of away fans). Such a pleasure to be in a decent ground with a big crowd. The North Stand will make it in every way 'a proper football stadium' (like they have in England!!)
    Rovers fans are lucky indeed. Must be a pleasure to go there every fortnight. Would be great if they could push up average attendance to 6 or 7 thousand.
    Tell that to the Drogs Board and Louth County Council Planning Section !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Be careful suggesting that Rovers are a lucky club!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213