Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 256

Thread: Attendances 2021

  1. #81
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,741
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,875
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,507
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Certainly felt like a lot more than that in RSC. Was a very healthy attendance. Good to see.

  2. #82
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    33,871
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,843
    Thanked in
    2,402 Posts
    Maybe 600 at UCD v Cork. Possibly a bit more; stand could have been half full all told (ie 750)

    Lot of students there so must have been a promo on campus. Shame the second half was so bad after all that then

  3. #83
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    7,680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,161
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,683
    Thanked in
    927 Posts
    Somebody connected with Treaty was on the pitch last night at halftime thanking the fans and everybody else for the season, and he mentioned there were nearly 2000 at the game. No actual numbers resleased, but it was busier than it has been for quite some time.

  4. #84
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    966
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Statement below from Bohs re tickets…. So let me understand this ; “I think what you did was wrong therefore I’m going to do the exact same..”

    Is it not the case that now that stadiums are allowed to revert to full capacity they’ll be obliged to give us an allocation ?

    We were disappointed not to get any tickets for Oriel the other week but accepted that home fans needs came first as was our case last night .

    Of course the real story is they are trying to deflect from the FAI investigation into their failure to manage the match day security etc. when we met in the cup recently.
    ————————————————————
    Bohemian FC was disappointed not to receive any ticket allocation from Shamrock Rovers for last night’s Dublin derby at Tallaght Stadium.
    Since restrictions eased to permit 50% capacity at outdoor sporting events, Bohemians have given every club we have hosted – Maynooth University Town, Finn Harps, Derry City and Dundalk – the allocation they have requested up to and including 50% of the Des Kelly Stand.
    Similarly, now that 100% capacity returns this week, Waterford, Friday’s opposition in the Extra.ie FAI Cup semi-final, have been allocated the Des Kelly Stand in its entirety.
    Before permitted capacity went up to 50%, all clubs’ priorities were, of course, their own fans, in particular members and season ticket holders who remained loyal despite not knowing whether they would be able to attend a game this season.
    But Monday was the first Bohemians game – either home or away – that there were no away fans in attendance since the 50% permitted capacity was introduced, despite the Tallaght Stadium being able to hold more spectators than any other ground in the league.
    As a result of this decision, Bohemian FC can confirm that we do not intend to give Shamrock Rovers a ticket allocation when the sides meet at Dalymount Park in November.
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 19/10/2021 at 8:22 PM.

  5. #85
    Reserves Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    391
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    96
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Bohs love a big song and dance don't they. Rovers done the same to Pats and Derry off the top of my head and we returned the favour as well.

  6. #86
    Youth Team Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Statement below from Bohs re tickets…. So let me understand this ; “I think what you did was wrong therefore I’m going to do the exact same..”

    Is it not the case that now that stadiums are allowed to revert to full capacity they’ll be obliged to give us an allocation ?

    We were disappointed not to get any tickets for Oriel the other week but accepted that home fans needs came first as was our case last night .

    Of course the real story is they are trying to deflect from the FAI investigation into their failure to manage the match day security etc. when we met in the cup recently.
    ————————————————————
    Bohemian FC was disappointed not to receive any ticket allocation from Shamrock Rovers for last night’s Dublin derby at Tallaght Stadium.
    Since restrictions eased to permit 50% capacity at outdoor sporting events, Bohemians have given every club we have hosted – Maynooth University Town, Finn Harps, Derry City and Dundalk – the allocation they have requested up to and including 50% of the Des Kelly Stand.
    Similarly, now that 100% capacity returns this week, Waterford, Friday’s opposition in the Extra.ie FAI Cup semi-final, have been allocated the Des Kelly Stand in its entirety.
    Before permitted capacity went up to 50%, all clubs’ priorities were, of course, their own fans, in particular members and season ticket holders who remained loyal despite not knowing whether they would be able to attend a game this season.
    But Monday was the first Bohemians game – either home or away – that there were no away fans in attendance since the 50% permitted capacity was introduced, despite the Tallaght Stadium being able to hold more spectators than any other ground in the league.
    As a result of this decision, Bohemian FC can confirm that we do not intend to give Shamrock Rovers a ticket allocation when the sides meet at Dalymount Park in November.
    You've some active imagination lad. You gave us no tickets, we returned the favour. Hopefully you might stop being petty next season and we can get away fans back.

  7. #87
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    966
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    You've some active imagination lad. You gave us no tickets, we returned the favour. Hopefully you might stop being petty next season and we can get away fans back.
    We got no tickets from Duns or Pats etc. As they and lots of clubs simply catered for their fans recently which is sensible and accepted by all bar yourselves as being rational and reasonable … but you complain about that approach and then do the same…. So nothing imagined but simply stating the facts ;

    so continue acting in a petty manner if you like as demonstrated by your clubs ill conceived statement and we’ll let the wider audience make their own judgement .

    PS- the referring to me as ‘lad’ really exposes your churlish small minded mind set but if it makes you feel good about yourself so be it …. It spoke volumes to me

  8. #88
    Reserves DCSIL's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    284
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    30
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Can’t beat a good Bohs - Rovers Spat.

  9. #89
    Youth Team Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    We got no tickets from Duns or Pats etc. As they and lots of clubs simply catered for their fans recently which is sensible and accepted by all bar yourselves as being rational and reasonable … but you complain about that approach and then do the same…. So nothing imagined but simply stating the facts ;

    so continue acting in a petty manner if you like as demonstrated by your clubs ill conceived statement and we’ll let the wider audience make their own judgement .

    PS- the referring to me as ‘lad’ really exposes your churlish small minded mind set but if it makes you feel good about yourself so be it …. It spoke volumes to me
    You gave us no tickets, what did you expect Jack?

    No point whingeing about us doing likewise. Next time, just let away fans in and put an end to your childish nonsense.

  10. #90
    Reserves Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    966
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    You gave us no tickets, what did you expect Jack?

    No point whingeing about us doing likewise. Next time, just let away fans in and put an end to your childish nonsense.
    No ones whinging ( well not me anyway) and if you can’t see inconsistency of your clubs position vis a vie us and also how out of kilter it is with the way other clubs have behaved ( ie like us catered for their own fans ) so be it… horse water drink.. so I’ll leave it there and leave you concentrate on some other imaginary slight that has offended you and then you can react and retaliate by doing the same .

  11. #91
    Youth Team Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    No ones whinging ( well not me anyway) and if you can’t see inconsistency of your clubs position vis a vie us and also how out of kilter it is with the way other clubs have behaved ( ie like us catered for their own fans ) so be it… horse water drink.. so I’ll leave it there and leave you concentrate on some other imaginary slight that has offended you and then you can react and retaliate by doing the same .
    It's as simple as this, you gave us no tickets, we returned the favour. End of story.

  12. #92
    Reserves
    Joined
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    447
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    111
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Surely there is an obligation to give x% when stadia are at full capacity?

    Imo Rovers have been wrong not to give away allocations (they didn’t even sell out last night?) but they have been consistent and had the restricted numbers to fall back on.

    It stinks of being petty from the “Big (Screen) Club”

  13. #93
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,186
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,068
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Can’t beat a good Bohs - Rovers Spat.
    True, they are quite sensitive souls tough.

  14. #94
    Coach
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,540
    Thanked in
    1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Can’t beat a good Bohs - Rovers Spat.
    I miss the Cork and Dundalk spats myself.
    Yo no soy marinero. Soy capitan.

  15. #95
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,652
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    654
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    It's as simple as this, you gave us no tickets, we returned the favour. End of story.

    Pats gave us no tickets as did Dundalk as they wanted to cater to their own fans fair enough
    We gave you no tickets and you aren't giving us any fair enough, that should have been end of story.
    The reason it wasn't end of story is that your club decided to issue a whining statement about it.
    You can try to walk back from that if you want but whingeing isnt a good look.

  16. #96
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,652
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    654
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Surely there is an obligation to give x% when stadia are at full capacity?

    Imo Rovers have been wrong not to give away allocations (they didn’t even sell out last night?) but they have been consistent and had the restricted numbers to fall back on.

    It stinks of being petty from the “Big (Screen) Club”
    The commissariat running the "big Screen club" these days are more worried about social media than results hence the whinging.
    I thought there was a 5% minimum allocation for fans in the participation agreement for the clubs that was set aside during covid but should revert once capacity goes back to 100% but i could be wrong.
    With capacity at 100% i have no doubt away fans will be welcome back in Tallaght at all games.

  17. #97
    Youth Team Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    No point crying about it lads. You decided to play silly games and this was the inevitable outcome.

    Last Friday in Dalymount we had a large contingent of Dundalk fans loudly get behind their team and they added to a great atmosphere which has been missing at grounds for too long. Football the way it should be.

    Then on Monday the Shams decided to be petty, they couldn't even sell out their home allocation and a sterile atmosphere was produced.

    I hope some sanity prevails over in Tallaght next season as their decision to lock out away fans is shocking and can only have negative consequences.

    I hope the Shams fans on here lobby their board to see some sense. Its sad seeing them carry on like this.

  18. #98
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,652
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    654
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    No point crying about it lads. You decided to play silly games and this was the inevitable outcome.

    Last Friday in Dalymount we had a large contingent of Dundalk fans loudly get behind their team and they added to a great atmosphere which has been missing at grounds for too long. Football the way it should be.

    Then on Monday the Shams decided to be petty, they couldn't even sell out their home allocation and a sterile atmosphere was produced.

    I hope some sanity prevails over in Tallaght next season as their decision to lock out away fans is shocking and can only have negative consequences.

    I hope the Shams fans on here lobby their board to see some sense. Its sad seeing them carry on like this.

    You really dont read before you post.
    Pats didnt allow fans in
    Dundalk didnt allow fans in
    Rovers didnt allow fans in
    Bohs arent allowing fans in......but bohs are the only ones having a Whinge fest about it issuing statements .

    Are you hoping for Sanity everywhere next season or just in Tallaght?.
    Feel free to lobby your board to allow away fans in now that capacity is back at 100% btw as Bohs will be the only club not allowing away fans in with capacity at 100%.

  19. #99
    Youth Team Northsider's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    You really dont read before you post.
    Pats didnt allow fans in
    Dundalk didnt allow fans in
    Rovers didnt allow fans in
    Bohs arent allowing fans in......but bohs are the only ones having a Whinge fest about it issuing statements .

    Are you hoping for Sanity everywhere next season or just in Tallaght?.
    Feel free to lobby your board to allow away fans in now that capacity is back at 100% btw as Bohs will be the only club not allowing away fans in with capacity at 100%.
    The only whinge fest is from you boys on here and on social media. I'm perfectly happy with the decision the board made, and delighted with the concise statement released outlining the decision.

    You acted the maggot not letting away fans in, despite having the biggest stadium with the best facilities. No point raging about it when other teams do likewise.

  20. #100
    Seasoned Pro sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,652
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    654
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    The only whinge fest is from you boys on here and on social media. I'm perfectly happy with the decision the board made, and delighted with the concise statement released outlining the decision.

    You acted the maggot not letting away fans in, despite having the biggest stadium with the best facilities. No point raging about it when other teams do likewise.
    OMG !
    No one is raging except your amateur hour club issuing official club statements whinging,,,,that is the point you keep missing..
    Supporters on social media are not official club channels.
    Pats , Rovers, Dundalk just getting on with business and looking after their own fans when restrictions were in place and NOT issuing whinging lengthy official communications.
    Bohs ........er yes

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attendances
    By Cabs88 in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23/10/2010, 1:50 PM
  2. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Wexford FC
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20/11/2007, 6:06 PM
  3. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20/11/2007, 10:24 AM
  4. Attendances
    By pineapple stu in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23/11/2006, 1:40 PM
  5. Attendances in the '60s and '70s
    By sonofstan in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 15/10/2006, 8:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •