Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weekend Matches 9th April to 13th

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    What a goal by Burke. Once the 2nd went it, it was fairly comfortable for Rovers. Good to see Pico back out on the pitch. Hoare looks a really good addition to the team-cheers dundalk!
    Derry will struggle unless they can get in a competent manager who can organise the young kids in derrys squad. Parkhouse looked disinterested and seems a waste.
    Onto the culchie boez at the weekend and the steady climb back to the top of the league
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    What a goal by Burke. Once the 2nd went it, it was fairly comfortable for Rovers. Good to see Pico back out on the pitch. Hoare looks a really good addition to the team-cheers dundalk!
    Derry will struggle unless they can get in a competent manager who can organise the young kids in derrys squad. Parkhouse looked disinterested and seems a waste.
    Onto the culchie boez at the weekend and the steady climb back to the top of the league
    Ye know what the say about rats jumping ship (not meaning to say Hoare is a rat!!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Hoare is a good player, very athletic and looks to have started well at Rovers. He will make mistakes though, especially against better teams, not that he has to worry about that in this league.

He won't take you to the next level though. While most would have liked to keep him not too many Dundalk fans were upset when he went. Now obviously this was when we thought the club was trying to move to the next level and not drop to local summer league level. Death, taxes and a successful LOI club imploding....

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Hoare is a good player, very athletic and looks to have started well at Rovers. He will make mistakes though, especially against better teams, not that he has to worry about that in this league.

He won't take you to the next level though. While most would have liked to keep him not too many Dundalk fans were upset when he went. Now obviously this was when we thought the club was trying to move to the next level and not drop to local summer league level. Death, taxes and a successful LOI club imploding....
    Bohs fans said the same about Lopes, to be fair.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    McGonigle, I can see your point about Hoare against quality opposition - He got done a few times in the arsenal game last year, I think. He's a solid LOI player who will hopefully help us retain the title, and if that happens, job done I'd say.
    The "next level" involves Rovers being involved in European leagues on a regular level I guess, and with this currebt team that remains to be seen.

I'm guessing Duffy will be available by seasons end as well, yes?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I like Lopez, his 4/5 years staying with Bohs when he was paid sweet fa, does him a lot of credit. I was sorry to see him go, I particularly liked him play as defensive midfielder. He is without a doubt an improving player, more than good enough for this league, but whether he can take Rovers "to the next level" remains to be seen.
    Can`t believe that Dundalk fans were indifferent about Hoare going, quality player.!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Agreed, Lopes has come on great, but that next level was winning the league. We were doing that when Hoare came in.

As PC says the next level is progression in Europe that's where Hoare and Lopes (and most LOI) players will struggle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    I like Lopez, his 4/5 years staying with Bohs when he was paid sweet fa, does him a lot of credit. I was sorry to see him go, I particularly liked him play as defensive midfielder. He is without a doubt an improving player, more than good enough for this league, but whether he can take Rovers "to the next level" remains to be seen.
    Can`t believe that Dundalk fans were indifferent about Hoare going, quality player.!
    The indifference came from him making mistakes in Europe. At the time we were spoilt and thinking about how we can take the next step in Europe to be close to group stages each year. Hoare is not at that level and to be fair there aren't many at Dundalk who are/were or in the league overall.

Quality player in this league but if you're winning the league consistently what is the next level for progression?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I'm guessing Duffy will be available by seasons end as well, yes?
    Duffy wants to have a 2nd pop in the UK but not below championship maybe upper level L1. Getting the year extra out of him I think was more to do with who made offers more than Dundalk making a big offer. If his choice was to be Dundalk after a mediocre season or Rovers having retained the title he could move but both would be trumped by offers from elsewhere regardless of how many kitchen sinks are thrown in his direction.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    It appears, from the outside anyway, that the dundalk team will be broken up at season's end- I couldn't see Duffy staying next year so was curious where he might go. If the well worn path to perfidious albion is his choice, then cest lá vie I guess. He's a tidy player who could carve out a decent career for himself anyway.
    Your man Jamie McGrath is doing well in Scotland I see, so he's a good example.
    Assuming the dirty jam tarts get promoted next year we'll get to see how McEniff gets on in a half decent league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It appears, from the outside anyway, that the dundalk team will be broken up at season's end- I couldn't see Duffy staying next year so was curious where he might go. If the well worn path to perfidious albion is his choice, then cest lá vie I guess. He's a tidy player who could carve out a decent career for himself anyway.
    Your man Jamie McGrath is doing well in Scotland I see, so he's a good example.
    Assuming the dirty jam tarts get promoted next year we'll get to see how McEniff gets on in a half decent league.
    Im not sure broken up is the right term, stalwarts cycled/pushed out. Seems we have a number of signings/trialists on the way in when they quarantine. Why or who is responsible is a mystery but some agent is getting a wedge identifying targets. Doesnt seem to be very logical for the football types so very possible not their doing!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567