Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Greatest Sportsperson!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greatest Sportsperson!!

Anyone else been watching the greatest sportsperson ever show on sky one?Pretty much par for the course so far,just wondered what other people thought of the decisions?Personally I think the football top 3 should have been
    1) Maradona

2) Pele

3) Cryuff

Think Pele gets these decisions because people look at his goalscoring record and see 1281 goals in 1363 matches and say "wow" but the santos team he played for played attacking football and the Brazilian league itself wasnt up to much at the time.Maradona isnt given the credit he deserves because of his drug problems and basically giving 2 fingers to FIFA,while Pele is Mr. Football.Dont think this should push him ahead of Maradona though.And Pele is obviously going to have a better goalscoring record than Maradona,Maradona wasnt a striker and played in the much tougher leagues of Spain and Italy where nobody scores 11 or 12 goals in a game as Pele did several times.
    Ps Pele still class though!

Pps Wheres Michael Jordan in this poll by the way?!!!?!?He IS the greatest sportsperson ever!
    "All I have in this world is my balls and my word,and I don't break em for noone"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jordan will probably be thrown in a 'miscellaneous' section with other minoroty sports.

If you ask me the whole thing is a ready-up for yet another accolade for the "greatest human being that ever lived©" Sir Steve Redgrave

For me people like Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Jack Nichlaus and to a lesser extent Sergei Bubka, Martina Navratalova, Lance Armstrong (if his achievements truly have been drug free), are all be legends of their sports.

By the way it they had titled the thing a little more openly Arkle would have beat the lot of them (http://www.geocities.com/jdgxxxx/)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In regards to he football i'm just glad G. Best wasn't in the top 3,he's completely over rated IMO.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Long
    For me people like Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Jack Nichlaus and to a lesser extent Sergei Bubka, Martina Navratalova, Lance Armstrong (if his achievements truly have been drug free), are all be legends of their sports.
    Like the way you've only included Lance Armstrong as a possible drug user. For starters Carl Lewis actually failed tests...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Eventhough i didn't live through Mohammad Ali probably had biggest impact on world sport at a time when didn't have worldwide media & tv of today.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!