Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Omobamidele D Notts Forest b.2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    He was kept out by experienced center halfs, but when hes been playing recently hes been captain so kind of a strange situation. At his age though he is still doing very well to have gotten so much football in that position. Would love to see him move to Milan
    Not to mention the small fact that he's been injured a few times too.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Up in court later this month for failing to pay a fine or attend a course relating to a driving conviction.

His offence, strangely, was to be holding a large bottle of water while steering around a corner.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    To stand trial at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court on September 18 (Eastern Daily Press, 31 May)..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Up in court later this month for failing to pay a fine or attend a course relating to a driving conviction.

His offence, strangely, was to be holding a large bottle of water while steering around a corner.
    Just to go all Airplane, the Comedy film ~ ~ Does he have a drink problem ? ( tis a joke for those that know )

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Documentary on his career to date premiering on Monday on YouTube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Just to go all Airplane, the Comedy film ~ ~ Does he have a drink problem ? ( tis a joke for those that know )
    That’s the trouble with drink driving, you spill most of it as you’re going around corners
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    (Norwich "Sporting director Stuart Webber is open to Omobamidele's sale this summer, as he attempts to raise funds for a number of changes to the playing squad. He revealed in a recent round of interviews that he'd rejected a bid for the centre-back that was worth more than Ben Gidfrey's £25million move to Everton." (The Pink 'Un, 3 June).

I'm not sure that the lad is worth more than £25m at this stage.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Must have included a lot of add-ons or something. For all that he has a lot of potential, I don't think he's worth more than £10m at this point in time.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    He was at a kids tournament in Leixlip today. My friend's son got a photo with him

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Must have included a lot of add-ons or something. For all that he has a lot of potential, I don't think he's worth more than £10m at this point in time.
    In today's market you'd nearly be worth 10 million yerself. That's not a lot these days for a lad who has so much 1st team football at a young age

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I don't know if many young Championship players go for more than that other than the ones that have already stood out in the league. Omobamidele hasn't stood out, he had an average enough season. Collins went for about £12m from Stoke a couple of years ago and was doing far better there than Omobamidele did last season at Norwich. I think if anyone is offering more than £10m at this point they're paying too much. He's a good prospect and will probably come good at a high level, but he's not a sure thing at this point.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I don't know if many young Championship players go for more than that other than the ones that have already stood out in the league. Omobamidele hasn't stood out, he had an average enough season. Collins went for about £12m from Stoke a couple of years ago and was doing far better there than Omobamidele did last season at Norwich. I think if anyone is offering more than £10m at this point they're paying too much. He's a good prospect and will probably come good at a high level, but he's not a sure thing at this point.
    Andy has elite pace. I feel like that seems to be a defining factor in some of the super expensive young centre halves - or people being prepared to overpay for young centre-back talent. Collins isn't slow over long distances but Omo is just so fast...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

That elite pace gets a mention in his "documentary".

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    His mam posted on FB that Norwich and Milan are in talks about a move.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    From 'The Pink 'Un' today: AC Milan have offered €7.5m for Omobamidele, but Norwich want twice that sum. Milan's chief scout Geoffrey Moncada has been keen to recruit the Irishman for some time....... "Omobamidele was the subject of a bid worth more than £25million in January, according to (Norwich) City sporting director Stuart Webber, but that was rejected as David Wagner's side targeted Championship promotion".

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23690928...-ac-milan-bid/

I hope Omobamidele goes on to have a very successful club and country career, but I don't think I would spend £25m stg on him at this stage.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    From 'The Pink 'Un' today: AC Milan have offered €7.5m for Omobamidele, but Norwich want twice that sum. Milan's chief scout Geoffrey Moncada has been keen to recruit the Irishman for some time....... "Omobamidele was the subject of a bid worth more than £25million in January, according to (Norwich) City sporting director Stuart Webber, but that was rejected as David Wagner's side targeted Championship promotion".

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23690928...-ac-milan-bid/

I hope Omobamidele goes on to have a very successful club and country career, but I don't think I would spend £25m stg on him at this stage.
    25 Million doesnt seem a lot for a lad with his 1st team experience at his age, he has international experience and has also captained his club. Man City sold a goalkeeper couple weeks ago for 19 million who only has experience on loan at lower level than Omobamidele
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    25 Million doesnt seem a lot for a lad with his 1st team experience at his age, he has international experience and has also captained his club. Man City sold a goalkeeper couple weeks ago for 19 million who only has experience on loan at lower level than Omobamidele
    There seems to be a veil of secrecy over transfer fees this summer, judging by the BBC Football list of transfers for July. So it's hard to get an idea of relative values in the market. But I note that Brighton paid Fiorentina €17m for centre-back Igor Julio (25) who had made 104 appearances in Serie A, and 11 more for Fiorentina in the Italy Cup.

I suspect that Norwich would jump at an offer of £25m stg for Omobamidele and Aarons as a package deal.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Duffy and Gibson start at centre-back today (the new signing and the captain). Omobamidele on the bench (alongside Idah).

I know he's had injury problems the last while, but he was also dropped last season for form reasons. Doesn't seem to have kicked on from his breakthrough form unfortunately. Has time on his side but maybe a move'd be no bad thing if it happened

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Duffy and Gibson start at centre-back today (the new signing and the captain). Omobamidele on the bench (alongside Idah).

I know he's had injury problems the last while, but he was also dropped last season for form reasons. Doesn't seem to have kicked on from his breakthrough form unfortunately. Has time on his side but maybe a move'd be no bad thing if it happened
    Was nice of Duffy to give Delap a helping hand in scoring his first goal for Hull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    "A number of Premier League clubs, including Burnley, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United, have been credited with an interest in Omobamidele. But TEAMtalk has been told Bournemouth are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by making a move for the powerful star." (TEAMtalk, 10 August)

Sources: Next Bournemouth signing after Max Aarons emerges with Andrew Omobamidele wanted in second Norwich raid (teamtalk.com)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast