Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Omobamidele D Notts Forest b.2002

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Another great game today in Norwich’s 1-0 win. Wonderful to see his recovery after such a concerning/uncertain injury. Along with Collins, he is a must have starter for us

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Top quality player who should be playing in the Premiership. Everyday transfer gossip is linking Premier League clubs with CB's playing in Spain, Italy, France, Portugal......when there's a player of outstanding quality on their doorstep.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Top quality player who should be playing in the Premiership. Everyday transfer gossip is linking Premier League clubs with CB's playing in Spain, Italy, France, Portugal......when there's a player of outstanding quality on their doorstep.
    Sure Burnley were the only team to come in for Collins even though you had Fletcher telling United this kid is gonna be top class 12 months earlier. Hopefully himself and O'Shea avoid injury this season because it will be a good battle between both to see who starts in March alongside Collins and Egan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    First goal of the season, getting Norwich's equalizer in their 2-1 win against Birmingham - Scott Hogan had opened the scoring for Birmingham: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62641669

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Featured along with Ogbene in the five early season breakout Championship stars

https://www.football365.com/news/4m-...n-championship

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    https://theathletic.com/3611530/2022...idele-norwich/

Andrew Omobamidele looks like Norwich’s next big thing

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Dean Smith hopes to have Omobamidele back fit (from an ankle injury) after the World Cup break and is looking to get Idah back training during the same break. (Norfolklive.co.uk, 22 Oct)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Nice to see him start again today, he really needs an extended run of games. He has had a worrying time of injuries for such a young player. Idah on the bench, another guy who could do with a solid run of games (and goals)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Very poor half from Norwich. Luton unlucky not to be winning. Big Andy showing some ring rust but overall doing okay. Hopefully we will see Idah before long, Norwich need to change something.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Idah on at half time, tommy is calling it today..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Bad loss by Norwich, 2-1 to Luton. Idah didn’t do much when he came on

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    What he didn’t do is the best thing to happen this season…not get injured.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    That's par for the course. Not sure what his level is but he's not premier League or championship level
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    That's par for the course. Not sure what his level is but he's not premier League or championship level
    Goodwill for Idah is unanimous, but optimism he'll be a key player is based more in desperation than realism. And despite early highs, Omobamidele looks shy of EPL standard. O'Shea also borderline. A minor comfort is we need no longer be embarrassed by formerly perceived goalkeeping and CD riches.

15. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Smith has been sacked by Norwich anyway, so interesting to see what happens next with the two guys.

Had a look at the Norwich forum after yesterday's game and general impression of Idah was poor; one post was that he should go back to the LoI (I know he never played it, but it was a general impression of his standard) and others were equally dismissive of what he had to offer.

That said, the entire place was trying to outdo itself in terms of pessimism, so always worth taking forum views with a bit of a pinch of salt. Similarly derisive comments about Bazunu on the Southampton forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Given the injuries Idah and Omabamidele have had, I wouldn't be writing either of them off just yet or evaluating them for where they are right now. Both have unique attributes that any manager would be interested in in young players. Given I imagine they are among the lower earners in and around the Norwich first team, there's a natural incentive to hope it works out. Obviously at this point they need to prove their durability and consistency, but in terms of talent I believe both can be premier league players at some point in their careers.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Big Andy is a class act. But has been out of the game for several months, if he stays healthy then he will play at a higher level than Championship. Yesterday he was still dusting off the cobwebs.

I never fancied Idah underage, didn’t have a natural first touch. But he grew on me and surprised me with how he developed his game. Unfortunately he’s had a torrid time with injury, would need a full season of football to see where he lands. The bit part minutes at Norwich have resulted in stagnation, he has done most his development in an irish shirt actually. Just as he was showing some promise in the premier league he got injured. Will need to see how the second part of the season goes for him, but he’s at a crucial juncture, he needs regular starts not bit part minutes.
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 27/12/2022 at 11:35 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Big Andy is a class act. But has been out of the game for several months, if he stays healthy then he will play at a higher level than Championship. Yesterday he was still dusting off the cobwebs.

I never fancied Idah underage, didn’t have a natural first touch. But he grew on me and surprised me with how he developed his game. Unfortunately he’s had a torrid time with injury, would need a full season of football to see where he lands. The bit part minutes at Norwich have resulted in stagnation, he has done most his development in an irish shirt actually. Just as he was showing some promise in the premier league he got injured. Will need to see how the second part of the season goes for him, but he’s at a crucial juncture, he needs regular starts not bit part minutes.
    Well Idah probably has no choice but to fight for his position at Norwich as what team at any relevant level would take a player with his injury record on loan? Since Covid happened I have counted 4 separate periods where he has had a significant period out of the game. He’s played 31 minutes of league football in 10 months before yesterday, why would any team take a shot on someone with an injury record that bad even on loan? My betting is he’ll get another bad injury by March and that will be him done for the season.

The blessing for him could be with a new manager coming it could be a clean slate for everyone and maybe that’s what he needs.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Omobamidele doesn't start tonight but Idah does and duly scores. Hopefully that quells some of the reactionary posters (POS) from earlier in the week writing Idah off on the back of his first run after a lengthy lay off.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Omobamidele looked very good when he came on quite late against Watford. I think the Watford goal was more a collective defence failing - stranded forward after a corner - compounded by an error by McCullum(?). Omobamidele tried hard to cut out the square ball, and wasn't far off, after breaking a gut to get back. But he looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I only saw from 70 mins onwards and Idah had a decent right footed shot about a metre wide. He has a worrying inability to attract the ball though, imho. I'd question his reading of the game and positional sense. Chris Sutton tweeted that the Norwich front three just didn't interact at all well and Pukki had little support. That was fair based on what I saw.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast