Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Weekend games 2nd to the 4th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Patching looks a decent player yes you can tell he has plenty of ability and is technically very good on the occasions he gets on the ball. They are few and far between however as we don’t play much actual football.

There is definitely 7/8 useful players about our squad if a serious lack of depth as well and key positions that have not been filled. We need to change manager and quickly.
    Was trying to think of a former goalkeeper that went on to be good managers in general never mind LoI. Possibly its just that there are a lot more outfield former players so its about numbers but apart from needing to be a bit mad to be a keeper, there is some thinking that they shouldnt captain a side either - cant constantly get in the ear of ref like other positions. Any no brainers that Derry could replace Devine with easily enough? Hutton had a go and I hear its the job Roddy always wanted, stay up and pinch Ollie!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    John Caulfield could be on the market again soon.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    I was going to say something similar about dundalk. The managerial situation seems a lot less straightforward than a licensing arrangement at least from observing Giokeegnolan operating during a game. Maybe it's all for show and FG is in charge but it looks a bit unusual. I thought they were a mess for the first 45 minutes against Rovers and it wasn't until it seemed like a few senior players decided to take control in the second half that they started to click. That was the first 45 mins of normal time that I felt Dundalk were the better side against Rovers since maybe the season before last. Maybe it was just the formation switch but it seemed more like Shields, Duffy and Hoban etc just decided they'd had enough of the instructions from the sideline.

On Derry I'm sorry to have opened the wound DCWA. I'm just a bit surprised it wasn't talked about before the season started a bit more. I saw people suggesting Derry should be pushing for Europe but I was thinking they would be better off focusing on staying up.
    Must have a look at the prediction thread but i felt Derry would end up in a playoff unless Drogheda didnt show up after the devastating preseason World Cup Malone Trophy loss, with Longford and Waterford propping up the table - so of course Dundalk, Bohs and Derry sit in the relegation zone and Harps are top, with Pats not just winning preseason so far. Sligo gave some hint that they could be useful this season, The topsy turvy world of LoI (even just after 3 rounds).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    John Caulfield could be on the market again soon.
    Or Lisa Fallon breaking new ground, why not!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    https://twitter.com/rtesport/status/...479345154?s=21

How bad must Bohs have been against Longford if yesterday was an improvement?? Also strange blaming 9 new signings and a lack of fans. Pats also made 9 new signings in the off season while 8 of Bohs starting 11 were there last season compared to 6 for Pats (1 of which was making his first start in senior football) and the fans thing is a bit of an old excuse at this stage that is obviously affecting everyone the same.

https://twitter.com/soccrepublic/sta...675371008?s=21
    A gem from Declan Devine "I think they’ve had 1 shot on target in the game and we’ve conceded 2 goals" Gas bearing in mind the first was a free kick and the second was a penalty that was saved and then scored on the rebound
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 04/04/2021 at 5:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Interesting to see that Bohs have gone back to the norm under Long (after last years short season) pretty poor for most of the season then take 10 points off Rovers to keep Long in the job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    i was kinda shocked at the hoofball Bohs were trying against Pats.
    Ive a lot of time for Crowley (Long is a bit of a bluffer) so maybe they thought Pats were vulnerable to a bit of direct football.
    Will be interesting to see how they play against Dundalk on Friday

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Ive a lot of time for Crowley (Long is a bit of a bluffer) so maybe they thought Pats were vulnerable to a bit of direct football.
    Yeah, it was like watching Rovers 2010-2019,
    Pretty awful hoofing alright.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bohs used to go direct plenty when they had Grant and Twardek on the wings but they look to be trying to same thing without pace up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Yeah, it was like watching Rovers 2010-2019,
    Pretty awful hoofing alright.
    i wasnt having a go , i have enough respect for crolly to assume it was a plan , lets see how they play against dundalk
    Last edited by sbgawa; 05/04/2021 at 8:04 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    i wasnt having a go , i have enough respect for crolley to assume it was a plan , lets see how they play against dundalk
    Ah just taking the p....Crolly is a good guy .
    The ability to mix it up is the sign of a good team.Going long, , full press, tippy tappy midfield, .I suspect that Long/ Crolly will sort it out in a few games..30 games left?
    Never relegated, so hopefully they can.sort ot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Was trying to think of a former goalkeeper that went on to be good managers in general never mind LoI. Possibly its just that there are a lot more outfield former players so its about numbers but apart from needing to be a bit mad to be a keeper, there is some thinking that they shouldnt captain a side either - cant constantly get in the ear of ref like other positions. Any no brainers that Derry could replace Devine with easily enough? Hutton had a go and I hear its the job Roddy always wanted, stay up and pinch Ollie!!
    If Devine is removed, it’s Higgins’ job if he wants it. Might be difficult to prise him away from the FAI though.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Croly had his mediocre spell at Rovers but I think he is exactly what Dundalk needs now as a manager and savvy coach with that squad available!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    If Devine is removed, it’s Higgins’ job if he wants it. Might be difficult to prise him away from the FAI though.
    Thats a good shout, would be a gamble for him but he is rated - Derry plundering Kenny's staff would be interesting. If he can be prised away from he FAI he could be an option for a return to Oriel too!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 04/04/2021 at 10:46 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Was surprised at the lack of creativity and chances that Bohs created against Pats. There was almost an expectation that Bohs would push for league this season but very difficult when they havent seemed to replace the likes of Mandriou, Wright and Grant. Personally thought Bohs were over achieving in recent years, could this season be the one that is a step to far. Interesting to see how things play out now they have some money. Up till now young lads doing well and everybody pulling in right direction. But some now thinking I've been loyal and want a piece of the pie. Sort of stuff that can affect the balance of a club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Was surprised at the lack of creativity and chances that Bohs created against Pats. There was almost an expectation that Bohs would push for league this season but very difficult when they havent seemed to replace the likes of Mandriou, Wright and Grant. Personally thought Bohs were over achieving in recent years, could this season be the one that is a step to far. Interesting to see how things play out now they have some money. Up till now young lads doing well and everybody pulling in right direction. But some now thinking I've been loyal and want a piece of the pie. Sort of stuff that can affect the balance of a club.
    Grant, Wright,Twardek haven't been replaced with anything like that quality.Levinson coming back will make a difference, as will Mallon when he gets fit.
    Giving the manager the funds he looked for to buy the players he wanted adds to the pressure on Long, as in previous seasons making do with what you can scrape together is a motivation in itself.
    Still enough there and a big enough squad to be top 4 by the end of the season.No excuses if we are not.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    It's not all doom and gloom down in Dalymount. They're releasing a socially just, eco friendly, carbon neutral poem this week, so that's something to look forward to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    243,000 people watched the Rovers v Dundalk game on RTE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    243,000 people watched the Rovers v Dundalk game on RTE
    That's the 'reach' figure counting everyone who tuned in for at least one minute over the course of the broadcast. It averaged 47,000 viewers across the game itself.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    That's the 'reach' figure counting everyone who tuned in for at least one minute over the course of the broadcast. It averaged 47,000 viewers across the game itself.
    How does that compare to other live games WAR?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast