Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Ireland Manager

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    What about giving Anthony Barry a go? Maybe he doesn't want it and he has been involved in this shambles but at least he's an effective communicator, he has a very good reputation in the club game and we may be able to afford to top up his wages to take the managers job.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I agree I would link with Mark Hughes in my opinion he is not english, he is a proud celtic guy, and is a motivator, we need a motivational speaker after this. I wouldnt sack him I would make him to understand and do the right thing, dont alienate the football people in ireland , the national team is bigger than any coach

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    if it was mi decision after this 17 games, i would see out the remaining games of the group and I would get Mark Hughes inmediately he plays better football, he can motivate people, and he is less than 60, which makes him still young yet experienced. plus he is a proud celt guy

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Chris Hughton and Neill Lennon are more less the same both have passion but they play boring stuff. Hughes has the vision , the passion and is someone the celtic people could identify with. Plus he is a well known figure of the game. For me it has to be Mark Leslie Hughes

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    Chris Hughton and Neill Lennon are more less the same both have passion but they play boring stuff. Hughes has the vision , the passion and is someone the celtic people could identify with. Plus he is a well known figure of the game. For me it has to be Mark Leslie Hughes
    Chris Coleman? Half-Irish, 19 wins and 13 draws in his 50 games managing Wales -- and he's Ronan Curtis' godfather!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    I suppose the question you have to ask is - if Coleman were to look at the Ireland job and consider it, what would they see? A team on a long decline trying to squeeze something out of PL2 players or third tier loanees. Coleman's career trajectory has been weird - a great spell with Wales but he's flopped since then - but he presumably has ambitions to get back on the merry-go-round. Is the Ireland job a route back to the top? Or has it become a bit of a poisoned chalice?

(This goes for any of the suggestions btw; not just Coleman, who's an interesting call in fairness)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Before Chris Coleman I would get Mark Leslie Hughes better mánager more streetwise and plays it more jogo bonito than Coleman yet is an old fox. Either of those celts could be fine but Hugues will get more tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chris Hughton looks the obvious candidate for me.

He's got good experience, he's a good coach, and he has a good reputation. And he's not a radical swing to the opposite of what has just failed which we're so often guilty of.

Forest are bottom of the table so he'll be available shortly, but that club was a sh*tshow long before he got there.

Failing that I think we have to look outside these islands, though Steven Reid or Lee Carsley maybe come into the conversation.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

9. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    No poisoned chalice Kenny has done the hard work. Any mánager has to be appointed after the last match vs Luxemburg I think. Qatar match is also the sixth team. Lets not forget. How would be there in that table?

From all the names mentioned Hughes fits all the squares. One thing Kenny is correct was we should have won vs az but we didnt.. I said it before blame cullen and Coleman but for me it was bazunu and thats Kenny choice. I would have stayed with Randolph.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Before Chris Coleman I would get Mark Leslie Hughes better mánager more streetwise and plays it more jogo bonito than Coleman yet is an old fox. Either of those celts could be fine but Hugues will get more tickets
    No club is interested in hiring Hughes, no international side is interested in hiring Hughes, no fans of the game want him to take over either their club or international side, and he's way down the list of candidates with the bookies, stop mentioning him.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

12. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    No club is interested in hiring Hughes, no international side is interested in hiring Hughes, no fans of the game want him to take over either their club or international side, and he's way down the list of candidates with the bookies, stop mentioning him.
    what the names are?

Sam Aliardyce, Roy Hodgson and Harry Rednapp? then CH or NL

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    I’m not sure what happens next. I’d normally have a position on what I’d like to happen next but I’m genuinely stumped…

1 win in 15 is embarrassing but can we even afford a decent upgrade?

Doherty and Coleman should have stayed in the positions they played in vs Portugal.

The Parrott experiment didn’t work.

His substitution selection needs major improvement.

I’ve seen a few comments on social media begging for Chris Hughton but he’s had a woeful run so far with Forest. Fans have turned against him and the football is atrocious.
    You’d think that Chris Hughton would have enough in the bank to get the Irish Job if he wants it. Nottingham Forest seem to have been a bit of a basket case of a club for a long time ( hasn’t everyone failed their for 10 / 15 years )

Would Chris Hughton want it ? = = Maybe, after all he has done a lot of club management now.
    Last edited by seanfhear; 06/09/2021 at 10:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Ireland are on the worst competitive run of their 100-year history and, should they fail to beat Serbia tomorrow, Kenny will become the first manager in 50 years to preside over an Ireland team out of qualification reckoning with three qualifiers remaining.
    Eliminated from two competitions last year, last rites on the third he looked forward to should be applied by Serbia tomorrow.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    for that I would get the dutch maestro Gus Hiddink out of Curazao

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    from the bunch i would get Neil Lennon because he is younger and has won a few things, he is not a bad manager. i would judge him because of Hibernian than Celtic and he did very good. Plus Martin O Neill could be behind that appointment and that would be great, You need to get a guy who indentifies with your people and history, first a sense of belonging with the irish and celtic culture, someone who comprehend that issue and is part of the community.

I have always championed for Gus Hiddink for the Republic of Ireland national team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    You've mentioned Hiddink once before today. You've mentioned Mark Hughes more than Hiddink.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Could do a lot worse than Michael O’Neil. Did ok for the North with even more limited playing resources and played better football. than we managed under Mick or his namesake. Would he leave Stoke for us? Doubtful at this stage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    from the names is NL to reject it with C.H as second choice, robbie keane? he coached the aids soccer game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    from the bunch i would get Neil Lennon because he is younger and has won a few things, he is not a bad manager.
    Neil Lennon is a bad manager.

In fact he's really bad. He's dreadful. He was an abject failure at Bolton and Hibs. He was an abject failure at Celtic. The only things he ever won were in Scotland when Rangers were on their uppers.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

22. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    Neil Lennon is a bad manager.

In fact he's really bad. He's dreadful. He was an abject failure at Bolton and Hibs. He was an abject failure at Celtic. The only things he ever won were in Scotland when Rangers were on their uppers.
    i judge him for Hibernian and he won it, his stats are good he doesnt play bad football. listen I liked that Kenny did ok, but as Kerr said you cant play too much kids at the same time and get results, mick mccarthy had the same situation in 96 i think we have to check those games I think 20 matches is a good measurement

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast