Thread: sligo rovers vrs cobh ramblers predictions etc

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

sligo rovers vrs cobh ramblers predictions etc

well thank god we dont have to play teams like longford every week

but this game will be difficult....no doubt about it....they played well vrs waterford apparently......

an early goal and we could win it easy....

but i dont think that will happen....

im going for 0-0....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wild rover
    well thank god we dont have to play teams like longford every week

Keep playing the way ye are in the league and ye will be next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    no promotion talk here please...we are very superstious....

stop acting all smug ....i wish our full 11 played ye yesterday...would have made it a lot closer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Back with a full team against cobh i think we will just win,1-0.with you no who scoring.............(paul mc tiernan).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    stop acting all smug ....i wish our full 11 played ye yesterday...would have made it a lot closer
    Yeah, probably would have made it a better game but we could have just stepped it up 2 or 3 gears if we wanted to.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i reckon 2 1 to rovers. will be a tough game. cobh will look for the point. with dublin playing limerick, a win is a must.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    Yeah, probably would have made it a better game but we could have just stepped it up 2 or 3 gears if we wanted to.
    Jesus DE TOWN your a cocky fe**er. We could of beating ye if we had our two centre backs playing and McT playing up front but it was league cup so we didn't risk them. It's not as if Longford are top of the premier division, ye are 6th, not anything to be really proud of, .
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Jesus DE TOWN your a cocky fe**er. We could of beating ye if we had our two centre backs playing and McT playing up front but it was league cup so we didn't risk them.
    We werent even going full tilt last night, honestly. We took the píss outta ye in 2nd gear.
    It's not as if Longford are top of the premier division, ye are 6th, not anything to be really proud of,
    Im proud of it, we are basically top of the part timers in the Premier division and we are only getting better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Im proud of it, we are basically top of the part timers in the Premier division and we are only getting better.
    Only getting better........Have ye not been in this position for the past few years now???
    At least Rovers are moving up the table,even if it is only the First division.
    BTW had the circumstances been diffenrent regaurding the cobh game on saturday,we would have had a full team and made a show of ye....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stars
    BTW had the circumstances been diffenrent regaurding the cobh game on saturday,we would have had a full team and made a show of ye....
    Exactly, ye had yer two best strikers up front and we had Gerry Carr in the centre of defence and ye could still only score two,that's embarassing man .
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stars
    Only getting better........Have ye not been in this position for the past few years now???
    We have been around mid table for the last few years, personally I dont mind that. By right, we shouldnt be challenging the full time teams. This season though, I think we will be further up, thats what I mean by "only getting better"
    At least Rovers are moving up the table,even if it is only the First division.
    Exactly, its only the 1st division, any group of clowns could do that.
    Made a show of us.....dont give up the day job mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Exactly, ye had yer two best strikers up front and we had Gerry Carr in the centre of defence and ye could still only score two,that's embarassing man .
    scored 2, missed 2 or 3 other good chances and were only in 2nd gear. Ye should be the one's embarrassed about how poor ye were, even if it was "your 2nd team".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Exactly, its only the 1st division, any group of clowns could do that.
    Hey! It takes a quality team to go up out of the 1st division.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads. there's no need to descend into rows. happened too much on here with our 'rival' fans and it's pointless.

Longford beat us. beat us well. To say we'd have beaten them with a full team is pointless. we wont know that until we play again with full team. It shows the sort of standard needed to compete in the Prem. The team will learn from it, and have already forgotten about it. No point in slagging each other off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    ye asure we beat them in the gaelic anwyay!
    seriously though i would love to see a premier division with us longford harps and galway in it i dont really hate any of these clubs they all have sound supporters and hopefully with in 5 years we will all be up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    ya,cobh people,we are playing cobh!concentrate on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    seriously though i would love to see a premier division with us longford harps and galway in it i dont really hate any of these clubs they all have sound supporters and hopefully with in 5 years we will all be up there.
    that would be brilliant alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya,cobh people,we are playing cobh!concentrate on that
    Looks like ye are putting all yer eggs in one basket here.....holding back all yer best players for us.....that can also work against ye as its hard to turn on & off players for specific matches.

Remember Man U a few years back, they had a champions league team, a League cup team and a Premiership team. Only problem was switching teams at the end of each bit of each competition..The players forgot who they were meant to be alongside..Think they finished second that year...!!!

Not saying that ye are like Man U of course.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one's getting carried away

I don't think we're foolish enough to think we're moan united, more like just be realistic about things. I don't think there was any chance of us beating Longford as they are well ahead of us when it comes to experience. Longford players are playing together for a number of seasons now and the signs are plain to see how they have reaped the dividends. Sean's no fool and that's for sure. In order for us to compete against the likes of teams of Longford's ability we first have to get out of the first division. Every club worth their salt in this division know that. Getting out of it will most certainly be the easy bit (and I'm not implying that it's going to be easy) look at Harps now and they were by far the best team in the first last year. The gulf is huge so we must be prepared.
    Which brings me to Saturday's encounter with our friends from Cobh. It's a must win game for us, we have to get our act together in our home games. Our displays away from home have left nothing to the imagination. Our home form is lacking something but a lot of it is down to the manner in which the opposition approach the game. I do believe that sean and co are working very hard on this and it's only a matter of time. Sean Flannery will be a huge loss for us on Saturday as both he and Paul are carving out the type of partnership defences dread. It's the one worry I have going into the game. I don't really see the Cobh boys being a threat to us but it's crucial Sean gets it right when he picks a partner for the mighty McT.
    I predict a home win but am not brave enough to predict a score line.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    we have to get our act together in our home games. Our displays away from home have left nothing to the imagination. Our home form is lacking something but a lot of it is down to the manner in which the opposition approach the game.
    I predict a home win but am not brave enough to predict a score line.

We are the same having lost 3 at home recently but are still there or thereabouts even after that so promotion race is still wide open.

We have nothing to loose on Saturday really as everyone is expecting Sligo to win ....which Im sure you will with all that firepower.....won't ye?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast