Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Loitv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    That looks like it might be the answer. I don’t have a laptop, I have an IPhone, an IPad and an IMac . The IMac was what I used last year, for the bigger screen, but it’s in an upstairs home office, and would be far more comfortable to watch games on the TV. Would it have to be a new IPhone/IPad ? I have an iPhone 6, and my iPad is fairly old too, think I have it about 6/7 years.
    Yeah it’ll work with an IPhone 6 ,I’ve no idea about the iPad but I don’t think it should be a problem….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Womens games are now charged the same as first division games. They used to be free so this feels like a backwards step in respect to encouraging people to tune in. Haven't heard if the quality will improve, it was mostly pixelot cameras last season. If they will be using human camera men then fair enough, but would like it confirmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loifan_76 View Post
    Womens games are now charged the same as first division games. They used to be free so this feels like a backwards step in respect to encouraging people to tune in. Haven't heard if the quality will improve, it was mostly pixelot cameras last season. If they will be using human camera men then fair enough, but would like it confirmed.
    It'll be the same as previous. Camera operators at Premier Division grounds and pixellot elsewhere unless clubs provide their own streams.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

4. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It sounds like a good idea on paper.

However in practice few people will pay for it

I can watch far higher women's football for free.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    They really need to start advertising this somewhere. Under 3 weeks to the new season and I have seen no promotion of it yet or anything official on the ST price.
    The LOI website homepage still only has 3 links to PDF documents with fixtures for each division so LOITV website is actually way ahead of that mess.

Seems to me LOITV won't be promoted until they get the main LOI website sorted out which is a farce almost two weeks before a rebranded league kicks off. Same old new FAI

https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Some stats in one of the statements released somewhere said there was circa 180,000 registrations on the site last year with 66,000 of those signing up for a subscription. By subscription, do they mean someone buying a match? I was surprised (pleasantly) by both the figures mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Some stats in one of the statements released somewhere said there was circa 180,000 registrations on the site last year with 66,000 of those signing up for a subscription. By subscription, do they mean someone buying a match? I was surprised (pleasantly) by both the figures mentioned.
    From the wording, it would seem so. I think people had to register even if it was just to watch the highlights. That 180,000. It would seem that 66000 then paid for at least one match.
    Is there a reason they need people to register for highlights? The highlights could be made more readily available through a YouTube channel once recorded?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    From the wording, it would seem so. I think people had to register even if it was just to watch the highlights. That 180,000. It would seem that 66000 then paid for at least one match.
    Is there a reason they need people to register for highlights? The highlights could be made more readily available through a YouTube channel once recorded?
    I suppose to suck them into the website regularly to generate potential match purchases. Brief highlights of Premier Division matches and goals from First Division/WNL are uploaded to the FAI TV youtube
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but I was just wondering will L.O.I.T.V have a highlights programme ?

Thanks everyone

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iorfa2MaccaJim View Post
    Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but I was just wondering will L.O.I.T.V have a highlights programme ?

Thanks everyone
    I think I read that it won't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    yes the Monday highlights show is being scrapped, and now each club will be free to do its own highlights package as soon as they like. (previously the footage was embargoed until midday on Saturday, I think, for some reason)

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    It was a very bad production

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Perhaps it was poor but at least we could watch all of the games highlights/goals from all three leagues, now we won't have a way to watch them all, unfortunate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    LOI Central or Extratime.com would be good candidates to present the highlights on a YouTube Channel.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Can't understand in this day and age why they can't put together a decent show on YouTube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    The GAA have Sunday evening highlights on RTE. RTE cover rugby then on Mondays. The League of Ireland is left out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    The GAA have Sunday evening highlights on RTE. RTE cover rugby then on Mondays. The League of Ireland is left out.
    I stopped caring about RTE years ago. We either go it alone or go with an alternative, but RTE will never care enough about the league to help promote and grow the product/brand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Some clubs want to work away with their own highlights. It'll be difficult to work with broadcasters if that is their preference.
    A number of podcasts have gained traction in recent years. There is a market for combined highlights with analysis. It'll probably take someone with enthusiasm and knowledge of putting that together. There is a gap in the market for it and a YouTube channel would seem to be the best platform.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    I stopped caring about RTE years ago. We either go it alone or go with an alternative, but RTE will never care enough about the league to help promote and grow the product/brand.
    Best comment I've seen for awhile now, well said ger121!
    RTE just don't care.
    They announced an increase to 18 live games this season, but still hide the fact that it only fits this coverage in where it suits its scheduling!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Is anyone. Having trouble with the match on LOI TV this evening ? I’m just getting sound, but no picture. Very annoying. Just bought my season pass this afternoon.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast