Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Loitv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Must be the only league in the world where the clubs pay for their TV coverage.

A sponsor to cover a broadcast deal would need to be well up on the list of priorities going into 2022 season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Aertel had it's moments all the same. I remember having it on screen at home waiting for the full time from Kilkenny, Harps 2-0 down and an hour after the game was it hasn't gone final to put us out of our misery.

Suddenly it updates and Harps have won 3-2.

F**king magic.
    We were on the opposite end - away to Waterford - think it was a draw after 90mins (or we were one up) went to bed happy and reposed next day to see Waterford had put 7 past us
    Drogheda United in this together

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Aertel had it's moments all the same. I remember having it on screen at home waiting for the full time from Kilkenny, Harps 2-0 down and an hour after the game was it hasn't gone final to put us out of our misery.

F**king magic.
    reminds me of a similar game - Monday or Tuesday night in 2001 - Bohs away to Finn Harps in i think the last series of games in the season... 1-0 til well after the full time whistle should have been blown but Aertel still not saying FT. Then BOOM! Harps 1 - Bohs 1 FT Might have been Nesovic that got our equalizer but cant be sure. I celebrated it in my apartment like we had won the league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

F**king magic.
    Yeah i thin it was Shels were playing one time, they went 1 up early on and the score never changed on Aertel. I was in a bad mood all that night and it wasn't until to following day when i ran into one of the lads in town that i found out we won 2-1, as far as I remember we had equalized withing 5 min of the Shels goal then went 2-1 up shortly after half time
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/n...eason-/id-4052

Season pass option has been removed for this season,gone down pretty badly if Daniel McDonnell’s quote tweets are anything to go by.

7 euro per game in the Premier Division and 5 for the First Division,most people won’t be watching other teams as you’ve been able to do in previous years…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/n...eason-/id-4052

Season pass option has been removed for this season,gone down pretty badly if Daniel McDonnell’s quote tweets are anything to go by.

7 euro per game in the Premier Division and 5 for the First Division,most people won’t be watching other teams as you’ve been able to do in previous years…..
    Lack of a season pass is a poor idea.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Very disappointing that no season ticket option available; also if you have a season ticket for your own club then you should have free LoiTv access to their home games so that if away or ill etc. you can still watch the games ; and also in case your club is playing behind ‘closed doors’

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Even for convenience alone it's surely worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Strange move not having a subscription option. I intend to make as many Pats games as possible this year but would have got a season pass for LOI tv to support the service. There is little incentive to pay for individual games between other clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Cant understand it at all. One of the worst decisions the league has made. It will be around 250 euro to only watch my teams games for a season. Genuinely, LOI might be the most expensive league in the world to stream.

There is already near saturation of football on tv and online, and everyone watches other leagues. You could spend all weekend watching big name football teams for half the price.

Be happy to spend a 100 and something euro at the start of the season and forget about it, but now, every week being asked? Not a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Very disappointing that no season ticket option available; also if you have a season ticket for your own club then you should have free LoiTv access to their home games so that if away or ill etc. you can still watch the games ; and also in case your club is playing behind ‘closed doors’
    Someone has to pay for the production and very few people paid last year because most of the core LOI support got free passes in lieu of season tickets.
    If they gave away LOI ST to club STH they would lose a fortune and the pandemic is over so people can make choices now.
    Id say they are hoping that the loyalists (STH) who dont travel away will pay for individual passes for those games.
    I know if i am not traveling i would be happy to pay the €7 as its less than the petrol money let alone "other expenses "
    Also i think this year if enough people dont pay to cover the costs we can forget about it next year and its great to be able to "follow" your team even when you cant make it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Very disappointing indeed. Are they deliberately setting it up for failure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Someone has to pay for the production and very few people paid last year because most of the core LOI support got free passes in lieu of season tickets.
    If they gave away LOI ST to club STH they would lose a fortune and the pandemic is over so people can make choices now.
    Id say they are hoping that the loyalists (STH) who dont travel away will pay for individual passes for those games.
    I know if i am not traveling i would be happy to pay the €7 as its less than the petrol money let alone "other expenses "
    Also i think this year if enough people dont pay to cover the costs we can forget about it next year and its great to be able to "follow" your team even when you cant make it.
    But this is it, it is a terrible way for people to cover the cost of it. It is overpriced and bad service (having to pay every time to watch). I would now be surprised if you get more than 10 people to spend over a 100 euro on this.

(Plus all the big games are normally on RTE..)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    That's a money issue by the looks of it, by very liable to backfire.
    Since most clubs have season ticket holders and thus had automatic access to all their teams games, I'd assume the amount of one off purchases each week was minimal, but perhaps I'm wrong.
    Are they hoping we will buy a pass each week we can't attend our teams games in person? f*** that. Destined to fail, imo.
    This will be the last season of loitv I reckon, which is a shame as I watched a fair few games not involving Rovers, so got a better understanding of the quality of other teams

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    It's like they are pricing it too high for PD games and removing season pass in order to deter people from the service to push LOI fans to go the games and purchase season tickets

LOITV will realistically only work a price point for €5 per match and a season pass offering of max €150. I can't see it lasting past this season
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Brutal decision not having a season pass as it was a way of getting as much LOI football out there.

It's like they totally miss the point of live football thinking it will drastically hurt attendances, you go to LOI matches for the experience of being at live sport (in all its glory). If you are truly competing with a football product on TV then there are much better options available on a Friday night.

LOITV won't survive off domestic fans at these rates but maybe they can get enough off football analysis/betting sites to make it viable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    No real issue with per-match cost, but it's silly not having a package option, even for €225 or so. What was one purchase decision per year, becomes 36. If you have a home ST, that's immediately down to 18 purchase opportunities. And 18 times you have to justify a spend.
    A club away package would have been an idea too, priced accordingly.
    And if we accept that the numbers watching clubs other than their own are minimal, then there's not much to lose by tacking on the other games to your club package, say for an extra €30.

Personally, I'd have paid €250-270 for an all-club pass, even though I'd watch less than 36 games. You're paying for the convenience and option.
    As it is, I'll be at the majority of Derry matches, so I'll only be buying a handful of passes this year. Will I justify a €7 spend on a random LoI match on the rare occasions when Derry aren't playing at the same time? Unlikely.
    Have you ever won the treble?

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    No real issue with per-match cost, but it's silly not having a package option, even for €225 or so. What was one purchase decision per year, becomes 36. If you have a home ST, that's immediately down to 18 purchase opportunities. And 18 times you have to justify a spend.
    A club away package would have been an idea too, priced accordingly.
    And if we accept that the numbers watching clubs other than their own are minimal, then there's not much to lose by tacking on the other games to your club package, say for an extra €30.

Personally, I'd have paid €250-270 for an all-club pass, even though I'd watch less than 36 games. You're paying for the convenience and option.
    As it is, I'll be at the majority of Derry matches, so I'll only be buying a handful of passes this year. Will I justify a €7 spend on a random LoI match on the rare occasions when Derry aren't playing at the same time? Unlikely.
    This would have been a good idea and at €99 (5.55 per game) lots of people would have bought it, also tacking on other games for a fixed amount as a bonus is another excellent idea.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I watched many non Drogs games last season with the pass but prob won’t do it on a pay per game basis , shame really but at least we still have Loi tv as I was afraid they would cease it. The 7e is ok for a match and they do need to make money but I’d say the lack of. A season pass gives them the option to cease mid season if numbers are low - a season pass locks them in to a degree for the full season.
    Drogheda United in this together

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast